Vince Carter to the Knicks?

chaos147

Rookie
He can score, but not efficiently. I think Carter at this point is still far better then Crawford, but I dont want to hear the words "Knicks" and Vince Carters contract" in the same sentence. That would be a candidate for worst trade of the year.
Are you kidding?..how would that be a bad trade..granted Carters knees aren't in best shape....he is still better then crawford..matter of fact...Carter >> Whole knicks roster...name one guy on the knicks better then carter?:smokin:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Are you kidding?..how would that be a bad trade..granted Carters knees aren't in best shape....he is still better then crawford..matter of fact...Carter >> Whole knicks roster...name one guy on the knicks better then carter?:smokin:

I cant name anyone on the Knicks better then Carter but his contract is real bad for a player who is clearly slowin down. I said he was better then Crawford, easily. I agree with you there but were best off goin with short term contracts. We already have to many 3-5 year contracts, adding more would be Isiah-like.

chaos147

Rookie
I cant name anyone on the Knicks better then Carter but his contract is real bad for a player who is clearly slowin down. I said he was better then Crawford, easily. I agree with you there but were best off goin with short term contracts. We already have to many 3-5 year contracts, adding more would be Isiah-like.
Oh ok i see where your going ...yeah in that sense your right... any predictions against philly tonight?:beer:

GetRealistic

Starter
I don't know the details but Kurt Thomas is close to be trading to the Spurs. I hate the Spurs but Kurt deserves to play for a contender.

Also Artest is coming to the Knicks guys, ateast not till the offseason. I actually heard he might be going to the Spurs.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Oh ok i see where your going ...yeah in that sense your right... any predictions against philly tonight?:beer:

I think im gonna spark a philly, instead of watchin philly and the Knicks. Ill wait til the 4th quarter to spark that philly, but i think the 76ers will win this one.

I don't know the details but Kurt Thomas is close to be trading to the Spurs. I hate the Spurs but Kurt deserves to play for a contender.

Also Artest is coming to the Knicks guys, ateast not till the offseason. I actually heard he might be going to the Spurs.

If the Spurs get Artest and Kurt Thomas I will have to root for them.

chaos147

Rookie

Artest IS? coming or is not?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Okay the VC trade, good thing the trade wont happen according to Riley, I made a last second trade. Expiring contracts, and Artest is what this team needs.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...18~16~18~23~18~18~23~16~16~23~16~16&te=&cash=

Minnesota
Incoming Players:Quincy Douby,Randolph Morris, Wilson Chandler, Jamal Crawford,Fred Jones, 2 2nd round pick from SAC 08-09

Outgoing Players:Michael Doleac, Theo Ratliff, Rashad McCants, Ryan Gomes

Sacramento
Incoming Players:Eddy Curry, Ryan Gomes, Renaldo Balkman

Outgoing Players:Quincy Douby, Ron Artest, 2nd round pick 08-09

New York
Incoming Players:Michael Doleac, Theo Ratliff, Rashad McCants, Ron Artest

Outgoing Players:Randolph Morris, Wilson Chandler, Jamal Crawford, Renaldo Balkman, Eddy Curry, Fred Jones

GetRealistic

Starter
haha Come on man. Seriously open that link and ask yourself why would Minnesota or Sacramento do those trades, then get back to me.

nyKnicks126

I am not Isiah Thomas, I don't make trades that are not in my favor, ever!!

I make trades that benefit this team. I am a true fan, that wants to best for the team.

You say the same things whenever you see my trades, just ignore it.. I know your opinions about people that are younger then you.

GetRealistic

Starter
If you were 50 years old and made that trade i'd call it stupid. Just make trades that atleast have a 10 percent chance of happening.

nyKnicks126

I just think you are a Celtic fan that is on this site, you really dislike my opinions on this board, I am fine about that, but most people here do agree with me unlike you, so there might be something wrong with you. Rider sucks get over it already.

Those trades aren't something that would happen, I realise that, but they are situations that would start us on the right path.

I think you should post more of your opinions, all I see from your posts are comments about someones posts, or bs from your ass.

GetRealistic

Starter
Well here's a deal for you. You find another poster who thinks that trade is concievable and i will apologize and never respond to any of your posts again. Your the one who makes it personal. I haven't made a comment about your age for atleast a year. But what would i know i'm just a Celtic fan who comes on Knicks sites right?

nyKnicks126

That trade was a suggestion to fix the Knicks AS BEST AS Possible. You got to be one of the most unmotiviated so called fan I have ever seen on this forum, or in real life. You think you mad good cause you a college baller averaging 1 minute a game? That trade would never happen I give you that, but what we need is a trade like that.... I am not going to respond to post of yours either, this will be the last one, plus you did say that like 5 months ago as well that you wont respond to my post.

Okay here's a question for YOU!

Would you ever pull a trade off the Knicks got screwed over by??? if you were a Bulls fan and you would post a trade that benefited your team 100%

Eddy Curry and Antonio Davis have been acquired from the Chicago Bulls in exchange for Tim Thomas, Michael Sweetney, Jermaine Jackson, 2 FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS!!!!.. Just answer that hater.

I don't want to be labeled a hater for this comment, but weren't you like 9 years old back then.
((DURING a talk of the 1999 playoff run talk in the video section of the forum)) refresh your Rider dull memory.

You are a f#ckin hater,

GetRealistic

Starter
I don't even understand your question.

But at the time that trade benefited both teams. Atleast on paper it did.

The Knicks got a potential franchise center and a big contract that would expire the next season.

The Bulls didn't see a future with Eddy and his heart problems so they trade him away and bring in inexpensive expiring contracts and first round draft picks.

I've never had a problem with that trade. It was a gamble but Curry at that time had enough upside potential that made it worth taking a gamble. Plus Isiah and Brown thought the team would be be good enough that they wouldn't be trading away loterry picks.

And weren't you like 9 years old?

I never liked the Francis or Randolph trade, bu up until this season i liked the Curry trade, and i can admit to it.

nyKnicks126

A defensiveless player might be what you like but I definately would rather have the chance at getting Brandon Roy, or Rudy, Aldrigde, 07 draft Noah, Williams, etc.

The question is. you would want every trade to benefit only your team? if not you definately not a Knick fan, but I know its hard to benefit from a trade, because you got to give a lot out of one as well, my trades that you saw don't have that.

GetRealistic

Starter
If you could tell me we we're deffinately going to get Brandon Roy or Aldridge then no. But at the time of the trade you couldn't tell me that.

If i could live in retrospect i'd do alot of things differntly. I honestly believed Larry Brown as the coach and a young promising Eddy Curry would put us in the playoffs, but obviously it didn't.

nyKnicks126

Okay so the Knicks got screwed over in the Francis deal no benefit what so ever....I dont want the Knicks to be screwed over ever again..thats the reason I make these unreal trades you get pissed off about.... I agree, that was a horrible trade with no direction. That trade was not a benefit at ALL! The expiring contract of Penny Hardaway for example, teams from all over the league where trying to get a expiring like that. But the worst trade that Isiah could possibly do is the Francis-Penny,Ariza trade.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Okay the VC trade, good thing the trade wont happen according to Riley, I made a last second trade. Expiring contracts, and Artest is what this team needs.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...18~16~18~23~18~18~23~16~16~23~16~16&te=&cash=

Minnesota
Incoming Players:Quincy Douby,Randolph Morris, Wilson Chandler, Jamal Crawford,Fred Jones, 2 2nd round pick from SAC 08-09

Outgoing Players:Michael Doleac, Theo Ratliff, Rashad McCants, Ryan Gomes

Sacramento
Incoming Players:Eddy Curry, Ryan Gomes, Renaldo Balkman

Outgoing Players:Quincy Douby, Ron Artest, 2nd round pick 08-09

New York
Incoming Players:Michael Doleac, Theo Ratliff, Rashad McCants, Ron Artest

Outgoing Players:Randolph Morris, Wilson Chandler, Jamal Crawford, Renaldo Balkman, Eddy Curry, Fred Jones
That trade is great. Theo Ratliff is a guy I think that could really help the team's defensive problems. He's a great shotblocker, and he can play both Powerforward and Center. He's old, so he's not like how he used to be, but I'd take him over Curry any day. Like I said on another thread:
Ratliff>>>>Curry defensively

haha Come on man. Seriously open that link and ask yourself why would Minnesota or Sacramento do those trades, then get back to me.

:lol::lol::lol:

Dude there are a lot of weird people with some real bizarre opinions and skewed sense of perception on this board. This is one place where every stupid idea has a chance.