"I'm not going to change" - Eddy Curry

metrocard

Legend
New York Post -
Eddy Curry has told reporters that he is not going to change who he is, and he is questioning his role with the Knicks, the New York Post is reporting.

Curry played 26 minutes, which is much more than in previous games, but was mostly unimpressive and was burnt by Andrea Bargnani, who finished with 25 points in the Raptors win.

"I'm not going to change who I am," Curry said. "I really hope I fit in here. I hope they see I do, because I feel I do. I got to work on my jump hook. Last year I made more than I made right now."

Another tragic quote for 2007-08 Knicks.
Curry, who had 12 points and five rebounds in 26 minutes last night, was benched for most of the second half in that game.Last night he vowed to "go in early to practice and put up shots and really stay focused," yet he arrived at the arena on the second bus, which pulls in about 90 minutes before tip-off.
Quote:
Curry did come out for his usual pregame routine, but after about 10 minutes of throwing jump hooks into the air, he was done.

Curry basically just said "Fuck you New York".

Fuck this nigga...give him the MAC 10

Starks

Starter
Now that I think of it, I can't believe this loser replaced Sweetney.

Personally, Eddy Curry has done the impossible to me: He has eclipsed Thomas and Marbury as my most hated piece of the Knicks.

That quote has officially done me in.

Oh BTW... This idiot in the video below is WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE for what he says.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OB6U8PXSzq0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OB6U8PXSzq0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Eddy Curry is the opitimy of why people don't watch the NBA anymore. Hes a complete waste of talent. Overpaid, lazy and under achieving. Not only does he speak like hes still in High School, but obviously he has no drive or motivation to improve his play or adapt to his team. Instead of whining about how Zach gets all the touches, he should be working on improving his defense and passing. Eat Cities got zero game but who gonna blame him for getting paid to sit on the bench? Im my opinion its these scouts who weigh raw talent over basketball I.Q. and character who are killing the game. Blame the Isiah Thomases, the ones who make excuses for bums and their fat contracts cuz they don't want to admit fault. Go figure the Knicks doctors say there's nothing wrong with Eddy's heart.

At least the people who kiss up to Lee can say this: "he tries." In 3 Years hes been dogged by Isiah and has had not been given the minutes or recognition for the positives he adds to the team. Yet with all that he brings it every night. Hes a tencaious rebounder and a great finisher around the basket. But hes also sured up his free throw shooting and is developing a reliable jumper. Thats progress and as much as I want to equate racism and hip hop stereotypes as the reason why NFL enjoys a better image then the NBA... Its not cause Lee's white. He just hustles his ass off.

Guys like Ricky Davis, Kwame Brown and Eddy Curry is what turns people off, and thats why the NFL makes the NBA look like a mom and pop operation.

Then on the other end of the spectrum you got guys like CP3, Kobe, Lebron, Duncan and KG. The effort is there in the gym but what makes them top tier players is straight up basketball I.Q, an indomintable WILL to win and strong character. They transcend stats and big contarcts. When your at their level its no longer about money, its about Rings and Immortality.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Curry not angry enough to get in shape

Apparently Eddy is upset.

But not upset enough to actually go out and get himself in shape, learn how to box out and rebound, improve his defensive footwork, learn the art of blocking shots, and stop committing idiotic and obvious offensive fouls.

What a total jerk.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
We all may be wrong about Curry. Earl "The Pearl" Monroe thinks Curry is the type of big we need.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/02262008/sports/knicks/knicks_great_shares_some_______99358.htm

"I think the way they played last year, I wouldn't have changed the whole scope of Eddy Curry as the No. 1 option. He's one heckuva player when he's right."

"He might be a little fragile as far his psyche is concerned, but I still think he's a kind of guy you need."

"They had established Eddy Curry last year as a player, they come in this year and go away from it," Monroe said. "It doesn't make much sense. He's lost a lot of his confidence and that's why they're going away from him now. But I'm not making those type of decisions. They had the makings of a real good team going into the season."

Curry needs to do more and some one said he's still starting but what does that matter if he only gets 20 minutes per game? To me this is one of Thomas' biggest failures. He's 'fazing out the big men' which is crazy. If Shaq and Amare can do it Curry and Randolph should at least be some what affective. Sorry, but I can't put 100% of this on Curry. I agree with the legend.

Trin_Starr

Starter
What I don't understand about Eddy is that if I had his height and weight - man I would f#ck up people under the basket - drop some hard hits - let them you ain't f#ckin' around - like how Shaq did back in the day - and nobody would say $hit to him...if only Eddy would use his anger and take it out on the court.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
That New York Post article also mentioned that Curry wanted to work more on his offensive game (i.e. jumpshot). No mention of working on defense.

Another side note, Jerome James is demanding to be traded or released and he won't negotiate a settlement.

Is everyone in the Knicks organization completely out of touch with reality or is it just me?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
See why did Isiah get this guy if he knew from the beginning that Double D Curryyy will never change, cause in Chicago he was the same player he is now.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
All dik riding aside, in fairness the things Curry isn't doing this year are the same things he didn't do last year. He has never showed much interest in defense or rebounding but pulled an average 7 boards per game last season. So for one moment take Curry out of the equation. Now you've got Randolph averaging 17pts 10 boards and we're losing worse that we did last season. This is why I can't completely fault Curry for the losses. Should he be a better defender, absolutely but again, he's not doing anything differently than he did last season but he's getting less minutes and has to share the ball with another player that is nearly useless with out it. To me Randolph is the most tradable and should go along with Thomas after the season is over.

The Knicks are about as bad at developing young players as the Bulls are. Has any one really improved in the paint? What's up with Randolph Morris?

clumsy

Rotation player
BleedOrange. As much as i like Lee's effort and hustle, i think alot of people are overhyping DLee because he is white, and maybe more important cuz he's a blue collar player. To be honest i think it's the same with Steve Nash. I think he's a great player, but he's a product of his system i feel...he's not MVP level imo.

back to topic on hand i was listening to espn radio earlier today....Curry HS coach said he wanted to be a gymnast.

Toons

is the Bo$$
All dik riding aside, in fairness the things Curry isn't doing this year are the same things he didn't do last year. He has never showed much interest in defense or rebounding but pulled an average 7 boards per game last season. So for one moment take Curry out of the equation. Now you've got Randolph averaging 17pts 10 boards and we're losing worse that we did last season. This is why I can't completely fault Curry for the losses. Should he be a better defender, absolutely but again, he's not doing anything differently than he did last season but he's getting less minutes and has to share the ball with another player that is nearly useless with out it. To me Randolph is the most tradable and should go along with Thomas after the season is over.

The Knicks are about as bad at developing young players as the Bulls are. Has any one really improved in the paint? What's up with Randolph Morris?

he scored last year....thats different, randolph is more tradable than curry? u gatta b on dat Columbian gold nigga

paris401

Starter
BleedOrange. As much as i like Lee's effort and hustle, i think alot of people are overhyping DLee because he is white, and maybe more important cuz he's a blue collar player. To be honest i think it's the same with Steve Nash. I think he's a great player, but he's a product of his system i feel...he's not MVP level imo.

i like lee, but gotta agree if he was black... what was isiah's exact words about bird....

paris401

Starter
he scored last year....thats different, randolph is more tradable than curry? u gatta b on dat Columbian gold nigga

portland gave us the black-hole for free, and now he has value... i don't think so.. i look at zach and see 48m big ones, still owed... my take... he is not going anywhere...

metrocard

Legend
People are over hyping Lee because he's white? Curry doesn't deserve blame?

Thanks for fucking up a good thread you idiots.

Toons

is the Bo$$
portland gave us the black-hole for free, and now he has value... i don't think so.. i look at zach and see 48m big ones, still owed... my take... he is not going anywhere...

we would have to give cury away and give money for sum1 to take him, so wat ur saying to me is curry is better than z-bo??
get off da crack n smoke sum high grade