Western Conference

what are you guys' predictions for the west come playoff time? who's in and who's out?

And can somebody tell me why Utah is above new Orleans and Dallas, if the standings say Utah is 3 out and hornets and mavs are 1.5 out??

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
well yaos out for the year with a stress fracture so rockets are out

I just saw that, sucks for the Rockets. It will be either the Spurs, Hornets, or Lakers that wins the west and rite now im leanin towards the Lakers. They got the best record now, but I cant count out the Spurs. I need to see more of the Suns before I start talkin about them but so far we seen 2 different teams, the team that beat the Celtics and the team that got shitted on by the Pistons.

I think the trade the Hornets made where they acquired james and wells at the deadline puts them rite at the top, even though record wise they were already at the top until they dropped 3 in a row. They will rebound from this, dont count them out because of a 3 game losin streak.

The Mavericks will be a tough team in the playoffs but someone will knock them out, probally in the 2nd round. The Jazz are also a tough team that will recieve a 2nd round KO like the LL Cool J diss by cannabis.

I wish I could count the Nuggets in this discussion, one of my favorite teams out West but the teams i mentioned above are better then them.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Something to look forward to.

Yo metro i know we been butting heads a bit lately. But i'm gonna try and take the high road here and say this. I think we can both agree The West is Stacked. And I am personally looking forward to an awesome western conference playoffs.

I agree with your list for the most part. I'll say this is what I see:

My pick for WC champs:

Lakers

Contenders:

New Orleans
Spurs

WildCards:

Mavs
Suns
Jazz
Golden State
Nuggets
Rockets

I don't see Mavs as elite. They just traded away Diop a key big man and they also gave up defense at the point for Kidd's services. I don't like how they match up with Spurs, Hornets, Lakers due to player matchups.

And I don't think Portland is making it into the playoffs Golden State, Denver and Houston got those last 3 locked for now.

I notice you don't have the Suns. Thats a bold move and I can definetly understand why that coud be a winning prediction. The Shaq experiment does not seem to be working out. They look atrocius on offense and Shaq/Amare can't deal with pick and rolls. However I leave them in there because there is still time to make it work. And The Suns have enough veteran leadership to pull through when you include guys like Nash and Hill.

Toons

is the Bo$$
championship....spurs/lakers-celtics/detroit

san antonio and detroit have set a trend for the past few years to turn it up a notch after playoffs....with tony parker returning fromhis injury and the aquisition of kurt thomas and damon, they will be a force to be reckoned with....in my opinion, no team in the nba can beat the spurs in 7 games, g.pop makes adjustments well and his team responds....

yeah its hard to bet against them but they dont repeat! lol they only win in odd years (03, 05, 07) idk wierd coincidence. i really like the lakers-kobe bynum gasol fisher. I think they beat the spurs in the west finals and sweep the pistons.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Official MSG33 Western Conference Predictions:

Top 3
Spurs
Lakers
Hornets

Next best 3
Rockets
Suns
Jazz

Bottom 3
Mavs
Warriors
Nuggets

I expect the Spurs to win the West, and the Championship. The only team that I think can challenge them is the Lakers.

It was very tough deciding who goes where, I had to ask myself should the Rockets be in the top 3? Probally, having a 19 game winning streak but Im not givin up on the Hornets and I think the Rockets will cool off eventually.

My next question was who should go in the bottom 3, the Mavs or the Jazz. As you can tell I chose the Mavs but Im still wonderin if Im givin the Suns too much credit for beating the Spurs on sunday.

I think its wide open, kind of like last year where we saw the Warriors beat the Mavs we mite see some unexpected things happen again. Its kind of like boxing where theres many different styles, I think its been provin in basketball that the best team doesnt always win even in a 7 game series. I refuse to believe that the warriors were better then Dallas and that the Cavs were better then Detroit.

Im rootin for the team that I think has the best chance of beatin the Celtics if both of them make it to the Finals, The Spurs. I have hated them since they beat the Knicks in 99 but that hate has gone away, theres a new team I hate and they wear green. Just last year, KG was one of my favorite players: not anymore. From now on hes always gonna be Gay-g (the big stick-it). F*ck the Celtics!!!!

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
wow imagine The knicks in the western conference lolz!

4-61?

well anyways...
Western Conference finals
Lakers vs Spurs

Top 3 Teams
Lakers
Spurs
New Orleans

i would put utah...BUT they only win at home...and the playoffs aint only in utah....

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
These are the two teams I pick to win the East and the West:
East: Cleveland Cavaliers
West: Los Angeles Lakers

Other teams that also are Championship contenders:
East: Detroit Pistons, Boston Celtics
West: Phoenix Suns, San Antonio Spurs

Teams that are Conference Finals contenders:
East: Orlando Magic, Toronto Raptors
West: Houston Rockets, New Orleans Hornets

metrocard

Legend
Where are the people who doubted Paul and the Hornets? Looks like Dallas lost Dirk and might not even make the playoffs.

Lets talk about the East playoffs.

I want Atlanta to get in the 8th seed, they're the future of the East, any playoff experience for them would be very important.

Boston
Detroit
Orlando
Cleveland
Washington
Philadephia
Toronto
Atlanta

Alot of interesting teams.

Boston vs Atlanta

Detroit vs Toronto

Orlando vs Philadelphia

Cleveland vs Washington

7 out of 8 teams in the playoff East are .500..Atlanta could probably win 37-39 games and finish barely under .500, they're a .500 team in the future.

The East is growing and getting better, so don't sleep.

Only like two-three teams in the west play defense. Some of the weakest defensive teams reside in the West coast, so I think the west is pretty overrated.

I still find it amazing how good the west is though, I never seen such a strong NBA conference in my life.