Cleveland Cavaliers vs New York Knicks Game Thread 3/5

Who was the most underrated Knick in the past 10 years?

• Kurt Thomas

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Stephon Marbury

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Dikembe Mutombo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nazr Mohammed

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Hubert Davis

• Mark Jackson

• Chris Childs

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Charlie Ward

• Keith Van Horn

• Tim Thomas

• Total voters

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Cleveland Cavaliers vs New York Knicks
7:30pm ET Live on MSG​

Welcome to the MSGknickz33 Pregame show, im your host Jazzy Jeff and its time to break down Wednesday nights game. The Knicks are coming off a dissapointing loss to the Hornets. They were down by only 2 points with less then 2 minutes to go, but somehow ended up losing 100 to 88. It will be interesting to see how many points Lebron James scores against the Knicks.

The Cleveland Cavaliers have won there 2 last games, against the Wolves and Bulls. Lebron has more help now with the additions of Wally Szczerbiak, Ben Wallace, Delonte West, and Joe Smith. They have a month and a half to get use to each other before the playoffs begin. Hopefully they will be able to pull off a 2nd round upset against the Celtics.

STARTING LINEUPS

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS (34-26)

pg-Delonte West
sg-Devin Brown
sf-Lebron James
pf-Anderson Verajao
C-Ben Wallace

*Zydrunas Iglauskus is listed as being out

NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (18-42)

POINT GUARD = NATE ROBINSON
SHOOTING GUARD = JAMAL CRAWFORD
SMALL FORWARD = QUENTIN RICHARDSON
POWER FORWARD = ZACH RANDOLPH???
CENTER = EDDY CURRY

*If Zach Randolph does not play, Malik Rose will start in his place

Key Matchup: Lebron James vs Quentin Richardson

Not really a matchup but hopefully Balkman (Who is back on the bench collectin dust again) will get to play against Lebron. The two of them dont appear to like each other, a fight would be entertaining especially at this point.

THE OFFICIAL MSG33 PRedictions: Cavs 105 Knicks 86

Lebron James-32 points
Eddy Curry-20 minutes or less
Balkman-will not play

UPCOMING GAMES:

Wed, Mar 5 vs Cleveland 7:30 pm ET
Fri, Mar 7 vs Detroit 7:30 pm ET
Sat, Mar 8 vs Portland 7:30 pm ET

Rap Song reppin Cleveland

Bone Thugs - East 1999

Thanks for joining me for the pregame show, the Knicks will probally lose.

paris401

Starter
yes we did beat the cav's... but lebron is playing at a much higher level now...

i think he will explode thru our swiss-cheese "D"

OAKLEY RULEZ

Benchwarmer
my score predictions for the game:

Cavs- alot

Knicks- not caring about the outcome

(yes, unfortunately, you could put this down for dam near every game now.)

GetRealistic

Starter
Come on people. Who is actually voting for Marbury on this poll. Marbury came here with all the fanfare in the world, not to mention all the career stats you guys love to point out, how could he be underrated.

It's a three person race Ward, Childs, or Thomas. I voted for Ward because he did all the little things to help this team win. He defended, passed the ball, and knocked down open jumpers. Not to mention he won quite a few playoff games and series.

stevie

Benchwarmer
the most underated knicks

1. trevor ariza
2. kurt thomas
3. penny hardaway (only because if we would have kept him his contract would be off the books.)
4. Stevie Francis. if we would have kept him 20 mil off the books next year.

Toons

is the Bo$$
this game is a loss....i think wally will expload for 30 pts from every1 doubling lebron tryna stop him, west will have crawfords defense for chalks lebron 36 pts, 12 assists, 12 rebounds....knicks 78 cavs 104

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Come on people. Who is actually voting for Marbury on this poll. Marbury came here with all the fanfare in the world, not to mention all the career stats you guys love to point out, how could he be underrated.

It's a three person race Ward, Childs, or Thomas. I voted for Ward because he did all the little things to help this team win. He defended, passed the ball, and knocked down open jumpers. Not to mention he won quite a few playoff games and series.

I do believe there is a strong argument as to why marbury is the most underrated Knick, no one seems to acknowledge how well he played last year. Charlie Ward and Kurt Thomas are also at the top of that list, the collapse of the knicks began after thomas was traded (or when isiah became the gm).

GetRealistic

Starter
How well did he play? We didn't even make the playoffs. I mean hell Curry averaged 19.5 ppg last year you might as well add him to the poll if you lose that logic. Also Kurt was run out of town by Marbury.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
How well did he play? We didn't even make the playoffs. I mean hell Curry averaged 19.5 ppg last year you might as well add him to the poll if you lose that logic. Also Kurt was run out of town by Marbury.

kurt bein ran out of town is unproven and irrelevant, marbury was starbury. We all know isiah dont like Marbury, even he gives him credit for how well he played last year. Check out the blow it the f*ck up official trade thread if you want to know exactly how well marbury played, i provided proof that the knicks defense was better because of him. He was doin a great job on defense, isiah even had him defendin shooting guards. Offensivley, he had some huge games where he was also efficient, unlike crawford. Last year Marbury proved he was a leader to me, this year unfortunate circumstances prevented him from repeating. If you watched the Knicks last year, you would already know this. F*ck outta here

GetRealistic

Starter
So did we make the playoffs last season or not? I remember Marbury dogging it the first half of the season last year, the guy even admitted he was out of shape. So basically he had a good stretch of 20 games. Wow the highest paid player on the team played good for about 1/4 of the season thats amazing.

Now lets look at this season. He started off poorly, got bench and instead of being a captain he quit. Real leader he is. Let's face the facts he would have been benched for like 2 games max, but he had to be a little girl and quit on his teammates.

Remember the game against the Sonics at MSG last year? He put up like 40 but when the game was on the line he bricked a FT to lose the game. If that don't some up Marbury i don't know what else will. Puts up numbers but shrinks when the game gets tough.

But on a serious note great video, my only problem is that you got the opening from when cousin Richie came on the show. You gotta go old school and find the opening from before the younger sister Judy got written off the show.

Please no Stats cause i've seen them all.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
So did we make the playoffs last season or not? I remember Marbury dogging it the first half of the season last year, the guy even admitted he was out of shape. So basically he had a good stretch of 20 games. Wow the highest paid player on the team played good for about 1/4 of the season thats amazing.

Now lets look at this season. He started off poorly, got bench and instead of being a captain he quit. Real leader he is. Let's face the facts he would have been benched for like 2 games max, but he had to be a little girl and quit on his teammates.

Remember the game against the Sonics at MSG last year? He put up like 40 but when the game was on the line he bricked a FT to lose the game. If that don't some up Marbury i don't know what else will. Puts up numbers but shrinks when the game gets tough.

But on a serious note great video, my only problem is that you got the opening from when cousin Richie came on the show. You gotta go old school and find the opening from before the younger sister Judy got written off the show.

if it wasnt for Marbury, that game wouldve been a blowout. From January to early april, he dominated proving he is still a top 10 point guard. Theres 6 months in a season, he dominated at least 1/2 the year, not a 1/4. I have already defended everything in other threads, the only thing i need at this point to make it official is a "f*ck outta here" and a youtube video. F*ck outta here.

GetRealistic

Starter
Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't he miss late March and April, hence Mardy Collins playing time. Pretty sure you just got Kimbo Sliced. Get the F outta here.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't he miss late March and April, hence Mardy Collins playing time. Pretty sure you just got Kimbo Sliced. Get the F outta here.

I think April 2nd was his last game, January to March=3months
November to April=6months

You just got Mario'd, F*ck outta here

LJ4ptplay

Starter
kurt bein ran out of town is unproven and irrelevant, marbury was starbury. We all know isiah dont like Marbury, even he gives him credit for how well he played last year. Check out the blow it the f*ck up official trade thread if you want to know exactly how well marbury played, i provided proof that the knicks defense was better because of him. He was doin a great job on defense, isiah even had him defendin shooting guards. Offensivley, he had some huge games where he was also efficient, unlike crawford. Last year Marbury proved he was a leader to me, this year unfortunate circumstances prevented him from repeating. If you watched the Knicks last year, you would already know this. F*ck outta here

Quoted from Daily News Tuesday, November 13th 2007 BY FRANK ISOLA
Marbury was, of course, Thomas' first blockbuster acquisition. The January 2004 trade was celebrated because it meant that Marbury, the Brooklyn legend, would be returning home. But Marbury quickly alienated teammates, coaches and the media with his moody behavior. He was involved in a memorable altercation with former teammate Kurt Thomas and later with current teammate Quentin Richardson. Both players wanted to fight Marbury.

Through it all, including the losing seasons and zero playoffs wins, Isiah Thomas stood firmly behind Marbury and exiled anyone that had a problem with his guard - including Kurt Thomas, Shandon Anderson, Tim Thomas, Keith Van Horn and Dikembe Mutombo.

Marbury's career in New York, which seemed so promising, appears to be headed for an ugly divorce.

What more needs to be said. Savior turned exile = overrated not underrated.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
I'm not gonna pile on here. I voted for Kurt Thomas. Losing him was an end of an era. He was the last revevant player from our Championship team and a true team player.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Quoted from Daily News Tuesday, November 13th 2007 BY FRANK ISOLA

What more needs to be said. Savior turned exile = overrated not underrated.

lol @ you thinkin you won so easily, if you had posted a youtube video it would be over. That article lists 5 players but everyone from that team is gone, suggesting to me that Isiah had intentions of trading the whole team away reguardless of what marbury wanted.....and when i say marbury is underrated, im talkin about last year. Your one of the few posters who hates him but gives him credit for playing well last year, which is respectable. Because of that i will spare you this time and not post a youtube video. Next time, i wont be so nice.

Kiyaman

Legend
How do you like these Knicks without Zach Randolph in the lineup?

The real is how do you like Wilson Chandler & Randolph Morris DEFENSE, especially in the last two Crunchtimes?

Isiah will mess up everything when the game gets down to 4 to 2 minutes by calling all the offensive plays for Crawford & Curry like they are 4th qtr. WINNERS.