What will lee, balkman and n8 resign after these 3 years of drama?

Toons

is the Bo$$
Wednesday, Mar 5, 2008 6:26 am EST
Will Lee, Robinson extend with "dysfunctional" Knicks?
Nate Robinson

As third-year players, New York Knicks David Lee and Nate Robinson are eligible to sign lucrative contract extensions this summer. When that time comes, they will have to weigh the benefits of financial security against the drawbacks of playing for the league's most dysfunctional franchise.

In three years with the Knicks, Robinson and Lee have endured the Larry Brown-Stephon Marbury feud, the Brown-Isiah Thomas feud and the Thomas-Marbury feud. They have played for two coaches, and could see a third by next fall. They have lost twice as many games as they have won.

Lee and Robinson say it is too soon to ponder their decision. They acknowledge that dollar figures will not be the only issue to consider. But for now, they are projecting a rosy, politically correct view.

"Put it this way," Lee said. "I love New York, I love playing in New York, love everything about New York. I wish we could win more." Channeling Frank Sinatra, he added, "If I could choose to make it anywhere, it'd be in New York, to be a part of the team that turns it around."

Source: New York Times

When these guys become free agents at the end of the year, will they resign with the knicks or go to a better team?

clumsy

Rotation player
I think all 3 are leaving which is why we need to trade them now for expiring contracts and our shit.

Kiyaman

Legend
You and I all know that all three players got their agents working overtime to get their ass the hell out of New York.

Understand the Knicks situation the Portland Players wanted Zach out of Portland. The Chicago Players wanted Crawford out of Chicago. The Phoenix Players wanted Marbury & Q.Richardson out of Phoenix.

I'm sure that Lee, Balkman, and Nate are tired of putting up with those guys so call leadership on the Knicks which does not make any of their talents better but more on the down side.

wow I never thought of this. I think I'm startin to cry. if I was them I'd take whatever amount of $$ as long as I get out of this franchise.

clumsy

Rotation player
Ah how isiah failed yet again he didn't pull the trigger for expirings.......Lee will make pretty decent bank on the open market. Nate too for a backup. But i thought balkman has one more year?!?!?.

paris401

Starter
Ah how isiah failed yet again he didn't pull the trigger for expirings.......Lee will make pretty decent bank on the open market. Nate too for a backup. But i thought balkman has one more year?!?!?.

lee and nate each are signed for next year, the following year they have a quaifying offer

balkman signed next 2, then 3rd year is qualifying offer..

dre48ny

Rotation player
Let's see who the knicks draft and then go from there. If they draft a PG, Nate would be a great back up anyway. Lee is very interesting and will be more expensive since he could be a starter for another team. If they can't resign him maybe they can package him with Curry in the offseason. At least we would get rid of eddy this way.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Lee isn't going a damn place. The way his ass is loved by you NY Fans, please he's staying his ass right here, he'd be a fool to go anywhere else. Lee is a decent player, and is like Troy Murphy without a jump shot. Lee is staying his ass here, if he has anything to say about it, but most likely, he will get traded along with two of the young players. Dolan hasn't raised ticket prices since the last time the Knicks were in teh playoffs, The time for re-building(in his blind eyes) has come and gone. Whoever the Knicks nextGM is, there will be another clearing of the house.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Lee isn't going a damn place. The way his ass is loved by you NY Fans, please he's staying his ass right here, he'd be a fool to go anywhere else. Lee is a decent player, and is like Troy Murphy without a jump shot. Lee is staying his ass here, if he has anything to say about it, but most likely, he will get traded along with two of the young players. Dolan hasn't raised ticket prices since the last time the Knicks were in teh playoffs, The time for re-building(in his blind eyes) has come and gone. Whoever the Knicks nextGM is, there will be another clearing of the house.

Why would Lee want to continue to be part of the circus? If i was him, i would get far away from the Knicks.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Because, the Garden knows that people who come to the circus like Lee, and they will pay Lee to make sure those people keep coming bsck. Lee is the defacto face of the Knicks. They are not going to let him walk away. They will overpay to keep him

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Because, the Garden knows that people who come to the circus like Lee, and they will pay Lee to make sure those people keep coming bsck. Lee is the defacto face of the Knicks. They are not going to let him walk away. They will overpay to keep him

true, i see what your sayin now but if I was Lee i would say F the money, i cant deal with these clowns anymore.