Good year to suck since there is a deep draft.

dre48ny

Rotation player
In a few weeks, we should all be watching March Madness. One of those stars playing in the tournamnet can be the next potential knickerbocker. There are great PG's like Bayless from Arizona, Mayo from USC, Augustine from Texas, and of course Rose from Memphis. Centers are good as well: Lopez from Stanford, DeAndre Jordan from Texas A&M, Hibbert from G-town, Marreese Speights from Florida. I beieve those are our main needs. If we get lucky to draft #1 will we take Beasley?? This is the only positive I can look at for now.

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
I hope Dolan has a computer

For the last couple of months I have followed this site Religiously,Hopeing to go on and just get some good news.But the only thing I have realized is that MSG is clueless,Lets be honest this is the worst franchise in the NBA from top to bottom did you ever think we would be chasing the Nets,Ten years ago do you think the Cavs would be chucking up threes with the game over HELL NO they would know by doing that the next time they played Lebron would get the s..t beat out of him in the paint,Do you think Carmelo would have had the balls to throw a punch last year if Oakley was still playing.I could go on for hours.We are at the worst point I have ever seen this franchise,Dont get me wrong about what Im gonna say but to be honest we get excited about D Lee who is very good but on a real Knick team he comes off the bench,Balkman is no diffrent than Anthony Bonner,Nate is a good energy guy but any of our guards ten years ago puts him on lock,Crawford is a joke I mean Im a 5,8 white guy if I go to Rucker and put up thirty shots I could score 20 too.Steph has all the talent in the world but has no idea what team basketball is,Walked away from Georgia Tech,Garnett,OK the Nets I understand,Phoneix when do you hear anybody complain about being on the Suns except him.Isiah where do you start the guy played for Bobby Knight,Chuck Daly and cant do one thing to bring fundamental basketball to the garden and is hated by every person in the NBA so has no chance of making a positive move.Dolan should look at this site and see how much this team means to NY and realize how passionate and inteligent Knick fans are and admit he needs help to get this franchise back to where it once was.I just want to Thank all the fans on this site for getting me through this year and lets just hope for better times

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
This year Draft isn't deep with Top Teir players. This years draft has a couple of B and B+ players and the rest players with some potential. Last years draft was a great one. Anyhow with that said, I only see Rose as a player who can come in and perform at a high level right away. The others I just cant, maybe im wrong. we'lll see. So in my opinion, if the Knicks get a top pick(top 3 or 4) i'd look to trade down with another team in the lottery and get a solid player from that team along with their pick... Lets say our pick and Zach Randolph for Elton Brand and the Clippers pick

dre48ny

Rotation player
I believe Brand is a free agent this summer. I could be wrong. The Clippers and the Knicks are on the same boat. Almost the same record, maybe the clippers get a higher draft pick. I do believe a player from the draft will help us. I'll take a B+, and maybe he'll be an A one day. I hope the Knicks stick to their pick and build from there.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I got derrick rose as my number one pick for the knicks strange

How is that strange? We really don't need Michael Beasley, because Isiah has Blackhole, if he trades Black Hole then Beasley will come to the Knicks.

I think Derrick Rose should be the player the Knicks draft. Trade Jamal Crawford. and Fire Isiah.

Pricey

Rotation player
It picks Rose cause we need a PG, SF isnt our biggest issue at the moment. I can understand why it selects Rose but if we got 1st pick we would be dumb not to go for Beasley. Either way im happy if we got 1 of those 2 guys

nyKnicks126

actually Beasley is a Power Forward, a rebounding machine, and a unqiue style of play. Great player, but we do need a PG, so thats why we trade our rights for Beasley for Rose, and a future first round pick.

Beasley is getting better numbers then Kevin Durant in his freshmen year at Texas.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks need a center that can block shots and a point guard with defense.Those are the two areas the Knicks need the most improvement on.I don't know if this is a good year for the Knicks to suck. Isiah is a horrible GM, and if he doesn't get fired, he might trade away our draft pick, or he might draft for a powerforward or shooting guard(two areas the Knicks need least help with).Players Isiah needs to get rid of but won't cause he's stupid:Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson, Jared Jeffries, and Jerome James.

nyKnicks126

{ECHS} can you reword your post, I really think I know what you are talking about but rephrase it a little, because it might be a good point.

{ECHS} can you reword your post, I really think I know what you are talking about but rephrase it a little, because it might be a good point.

It's a deep draft say we get the 5th pick but with our luck we'll get the number one in a draft year when there isn't any franchise center or sure thing franchise player to take a la Shaq, Ewing, Olajuwon, Howard, Duncan, Yao, Oden, James etc etc .

metrocard

Legend
Most people need to research the draft prospects before they speak on this draft. Its pretty deep and there hasn't been a player like Beasley in college in a long time.

nyKnicks126

Most people need to research the draft prospects before they speak on this draft. Its pretty deep and there hasn't been a player like Beasley in college in a long time.

exactly, Plus the draft IS deep, look at the talents of all the guards SG, and Point coming out this year, I am going to the draft June 26! May 20 Lottery !

metrocard

Legend
exactly, Plus the draft IS deep, look at the talents of all the guards SG, and Point coming out this year, I am going to the draft June 26! May 20 Lottery !

I'm with you brother, I'll be happy with Rose, Beasley, Lopez, Augustin, Green, Randolph...they're all great talents...I wish we didn't trade out second rounder to fucking Portland...damn how many young players do they plan to have? Oh well, hopefully we trade our garbage for some sort of draft picks...this draft is deep to the 60th pick.

nyKnicks126

Yeah, but I think there will be plenty of draft day trades involving the Knicks. I might be wrong. So I hope that the Knicks start new. with young players. I want to see knicks trade JC for picks, and expiring contracts. Jamal Crawford is the focus of the team, and its going nowhere.

Does Derrick Rose have what it takes to be a pg starter in the NBA?

What are your toughts on OJ Mayo? would you like him or is he a turnover prone player?

metrocard

Legend
Rose is going to be a superstar in the NBA, he just has a couple of flaws that can be corrected with experience and practice. He'll produce better in the NBA than college.

OJ Mayo is already an excellent defender. Imagine Manu Ginobili, great passer, defender, scorer, shooter...great agility, not too athletic but can get up. Mayo will be a 25 ppg 5 rebound 5-7 assist type of guy...probably Wade like efficiency with 3pt range if he continues to practice and improve his game. Honestly Mayo is the best guard in college basketball. Beasley is the best foward.

nyKnicks126

Beasley looks freaky son! looks like he is high. Good weight 235 6 10. great build, he will suprise people with his talent of the offensive, and defensive end.

Last number 1s.
07- #1 pick Oden, 06-#1 pick Andrea Barnanii 05-#1 pick Bogut( not a great player really...) 04- DWIGHT HOWARD. 03-#1 pick LeBron James.

For the most part Oden, Howard, and James, are GREAT pickups for this team. Oden will probably be a good player for Portland when he gets back. I just dont want to see the Knicks ruin a great chance at the 5th pick and pick a player that we really dont need. Its an Isiah thing.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Beasley looks freaky son! looks like he is high. Good weight 235 6 10. great build, he will suprise people with his talent of the offensive, and defensive end.

Last number 1s.
07- #1 pick Oden, 06-#1 pick Andrea Barnanii 05-#1 pick Bogut( not a great player really...) 04- DWIGHT HOWARD. 03-#1 pick LeBron James.

For the most part Oden, Howard, and James, are GREAT pickups for this team. Oden will probably be a good player for Portland when he gets back. I just dont want to see the Knicks ruin a great chance at the 5th pick and pick a player that we really dont need. Its an Isiah thing.

im just hopin he doesnt trade the pick along with chandler, Lee, and Marbury for Shaq. This is also an Isiah thing, as we have all become accustomed to.