What Do U Know About Stephon Marbury?

starbury4real

Benchwarmer
I don't think anyone questions Marbury's talent. It's his personality. If Marbury was so great in Phoenix, why did they trade him? He alienates players and coaches everywhere he goes.

Sometimes one player can have a profoundly negative effect on a team's chemistry. He is a 30 year old man and he still acts like a child. Face it, HE QUIT ON HIS TEAM!! I don't think it was a smart move by Isiah to bench Marbury, but instead of being a MAN and doing his job, he commited a cowardly act by running away like a little bitch and threatening to blackmail his boss. As soon as Marbury decided to pull that sh*t, the season was officially over. You can blame Isiah for making a bad decision to bench Marbury and not bench other players that were performing poorly, but you cannot blame Isiah for Marbury's selfish actions.

WHATEVER U WANT TO CALL IT LJ4PT AND BY THE WAY DID U JUST POSTED A QUOTE BY TIM THOMAS? TIM THOMAS OF ALL PEOPLE. NO DISRESPECT TO TIMMY BUT DID YOU HEAR GILBERT ARENAS CRITICISM ABOUT TIM THOMAS? I BET U DIDN'T, THE BEST SEASON TIM THOMAS HAD IN HIS NBA CAREER WAS WITH THE PHOENIX. DURING THAT SEASON,IT HAPPENED TO BE HIS FINAL YEAR OF HIS CONTRACT. HE WANTED MAX CONTRACT SO HE DECIDED TO FINISH OUT STRONG SO THAT HE WILL BE ABLE TO DEMAND MAX SALARY AND ALSO PLAYED WELL AGAINST KOBE. THATS HOW COME TIM THOMAS WOUND UP IN LA CLIPPERS. IF IT WASN'T FOR THE CLIPPERS WHO WERE WILLING TO OFFER TIM THOMAS THAT KIND OF MONEY, I BET U TIM WOULDN'T BE IN THE LEAGUE AS OF TODAY. AND BY THE WAY, HOW IS HE DOING IN LA? AS FOR THE PHOENIX TRADING MARBURY, IT WAS BECAUSE OF HIS CONTRACT. EVEN COLANGELO JR SAID IT, IF IT WASN'T FOR HIS CONTRACT, MARBURY WITHOUT A DOUBT WILL BE IN A PHOENIX JERSEY BY NOW. AND USING HIS PERSONALITY AND CHARACTER AS AN EXCUSE TO CRITICIZE HIM, IS PLAIN IGNORAMUS AND HYPOCRITICAL.

Last edited:

starbury4real

Benchwarmer
Once upon a time ago is right. One game almost 10 years ago puts Steph in the same catagory as Jordan's 3 peats and MVP's and Wilt's 100 point game ??? Lebron at least got his team to the Finals, Steph hasn't even captained a team past the first round of the playoffs. Gimme a break.

SIR DON'T BE IGNORANT, TO SAY LEBRON TOOK HIS TEAM TO THE FINALS IS SO DUMB. DIDN'T LEBRON NEED THE OTHER GUYS SUCH AS GIBSON, ILGAUSKAS, VAREJAO, MARSHALL, GOODEN AND THE REST OF HIS TEAM MATES CONTRIBUTION TO THE SUCCESS OF THE TEAM? U ACTING LIKE LEBRON CARRIED THE TEAM BY HIMSELF. NO DISRESPECT, I'M A LEBRON FAN BUT HE NEEDED HIS TEAM MATES TO HELP HIM REACH THE FINALS. AND BY THE WAY, DIDN'T THEY GET SWEPT IN THE FINALS AGAINST THE SPURS WHEN HIS TEAM MATES WEREN'T CONTRIBUTING? THIS TELLS U THAT, EVEN THOU U ARE THE STAR ON THE TEAM, U NEED UR TEAM MATES TO CONTRIBUTE IN THE SUCCESS OF THE TEAM. NO WONDER WHY METRO AND MSG33 QUESTION YOUR INTELLIGENT. YOU SOUND LIKE A JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL TRYING TO MAKE A POINT. LOOK AT KOBE WITH THE LAKERS AFTER SHAQ LEFT, HE GOT KNOCKED OUT IN THE FIRST ROUND, WHICH TELLS U THAT EVERY SPORT WITH THE EXCEPTION OF GOLF AND TENNIS, YOU NEED YOUR TEAM MATES CONTRIBUTION FOR THE SUCCESS OF YOUR TEAM. WHETHER YOU ARE THE STAR OR THE PLAYER GETTING HUGE SALARY, U NEED YOUR TEAM MATES TO BE SUCCESSFUL.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
im not writin no essays until someone comes with a good argument.....its not worth it with this particular group of haters.

Posters like Knickslover and Hometheaterguy can atleast make some decent arguments, The haters in here know there not on my level, and I know jzero has made some comments about Marbury in the past that I wasnt a fan of but you didnt say nothin bad this time, so this aint directed at you. In response to your post, I believe Marbury has alot left but theres no proof either way, the only thing we can do is wait until next year.

On the real Starbury4real is that dude, great job defendin Starbury. Jimmychief isnt even worth replyin to, from now on im postin youtube videos whenever he addresses me. I have proof that he cant read, in a couple of different threads. He is THE WORST poster on here, and im not just sayin this because he was the most recent to criticize Marbury.

ABCD - good job as always of layin down the facts, I dont look at the whole incident as Marbury quittin on the team. After everything hes been through, if hes still willing to play for a team ran by Isiah (who he has every right to hate), then he deserves alot of credit for his positive attitude.

H20

Rookie
marbury is not the best point guard but he is still a very good one, when he is focused; which is hard to be when you have Thomas as a coach

metrocard

Legend
Barbosa cried when Marbury left.
Marbury bought Barbosa a car his rookie season.
Marbury bought Tim Thomas out of all people an Ipod...who the fuck wants to talk to a guy with no work ethic and is a complete pussy like TT?
Marbury bought Frye, Lee, and Robinson new suits on their rookie season.

Marbury is a CARING TEAMMATE, no question about this.

starbury4real

Benchwarmer
Marbury bought Tim Thomas out of all people an Ipod...who the fuck wants to talk to a guy with no work ethic and is a complete pussy like TT?

WITHOUT A DOUBT, MARBURY IS A CARING TEAM MATE. HE JUST GETS A BAD REPUTATION FROM THE MEDIA BECAUSE OF THE WAY HE IS. AND IGNORANT PEOPLE WHO DON'T OBSERVE AND COME UP WITH THEIR EVALUATION ABOUT HIM, INTEND TO FOLLOW WHAT THE MEDIA HAS TO SAY ABOUT A PLAYER. HE AINT THOSE TYPE OF PLAYERS WHO KISSES THE MEDIA'S ASS, JUST TO GET A GOOD REPUTATION. HE SPEAKS HIS MIND. WHEN HAS JASON KIDD OR STEVE NASH EVER BOUGHT A ROOKIE A CAR OR EVEN A SUIT? MY QUESTION IS HOW MANY ROOKIES HAVE WON ROOKIE OF THE YEAR WHEN THE PLAYED WITH BOTH STEVE NASH AND JASON KIDD? AS FAR AS TIM THOMAS, HE IS EVEN LUCKY HE HAD AN IPOD. IF I WAS STEPH, I WOULDN'T EVEN HELP HIM EMPTY HIS LOCKER. ASK MOST ATHLETES AND THEY WILL TELL U THE SAME THING; THE MEDIA CAN MAKE AND BREAK A PLAYER. ASK TERRELL OWENS, RANDY MOSS, EVEN ZACH RANDOLPH.

jzero29

Rotation player
marbury

I know some guys here really love Marbury, I can't say I do anymore. I used to be an all out Marbury advocate, especially with crawford being his replacement. From that point of view I still am for marbury, it makes sense to keep him, financially, his 20 mill comes off the cap after next season. He is just as good at what Crawford does if not better. Crawford will never be the player marbury is/was. I do have questions about his head. For you marbury can do no wrong guys, your insane. He obviously is a little out there. I'm not saying he's to blame in this situation and I can understand him being fustrated with the coach and GM this past year when Marbury was healthy. But all the lunacy that surrounded him over the summer. Getting voted out by teamates, I mean he had to do something if the entire team said he shouldn't play. The guy has his pros and cons, for now I am still with him, especially when crawford is the other option. If the coach had put the ball in Marbury's hands all season instead of Crawfords, things would have been different. I can't say they'd be much better, just a little. He is past his prime. To many injuries and not enough steady influence in his life.(between his coach/gm love hate relationship and the passing of his dad, the media beating up on him) He's got to be mentally shot. His ankles also have to be in bad shape. I wouldn't resign him unless he blow people out of the water next year. That won't happen with crawford around. So it comes down to it, either crawford or Marbury must go. I think MSG will stick with the BOyscout Crawford and ditch Marbury's salary which is a mistake. They should let it come off the books. If marbury wants to play here after next year he'll sign for donuts. He is not a long term solution at PG/SG. He is on the way out.

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
Bottom line is when his contract is up would you resign him or pay max money to someone else?Can you honestly say that Steph is your franchise player and you can build around him to win a Championship?Would you invest the next 5 years to him and feel comfortable about the teams future? Not me

Toons

is the Bo$$

not to hate or anything, but steph is a multi-millionaire, a suit to him is like a candy to us...and a car is like a bicycle....nice gesture tho

jimkcchief88

All Star
SIR DON'T BE IGNORANT, TO SAY LEBRON TOOK HIS TEAM TO THE FINALS IS SO DUMB. DIDN'T LEBRON NEED THE OTHER GUYS SUCH AS GIBSON, ILGAUSKAS, VAREJAO, MARSHALL, GOODEN AND THE REST OF HIS TEAM MATES CONTRIBUTION TO THE SUCCESS OF THE TEAM? U ACTING LIKE LEBRON CARRIED THE TEAM BY HIMSELF. NO DISRESPECT, I'M A LEBRON FAN BUT HE NEEDED HIS TEAM MATES TO HELP HIM REACH THE FINALS. AND BY THE WAY, DIDN'T THEY GET SWEPT IN THE FINALS AGAINST THE SPURS WHEN HIS TEAM MATES WEREN'T CONTRIBUTING? THIS TELLS U THAT, EVEN THOU U ARE THE STAR ON THE TEAM, U NEED UR TEAM MATES TO CONTRIBUTE IN THE SUCCESS OF THE TEAM. NO WONDER WHY METRO AND MSG33 QUESTION YOUR INTELLIGENT. YOU SOUND LIKE A JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL TRYING TO MAKE A POINT. LOOK AT KOBE WITH THE LAKERS AFTER SHAQ LEFT, HE GOT KNOCKED OUT IN THE FIRST ROUND, WHICH TELLS U THAT EVERY SPORT WITH THE EXCEPTION OF GOLF AND TENNIS, YOU NEED YOUR TEAM MATES CONTRIBUTION FOR THE SUCCESS OF YOUR TEAM. WHETHER YOU ARE THE STAR OR THE PLAYER GETTING HUGE SALARY, U NEED YOUR TEAM MATES TO BE SUCCESSFUL.

Well you must be in grade school then because by junior high you learn how to turn off the caps lock. Of course Lebron had help but all those players you named are role players. My only point is that Lebron has at least WON a playoff series where Steph hasn't. Here is a dollar, buy a clue.

jimkcchief88

All Star
im not writin no essays until someone comes with a good argument.....its not worth it with this particular group of haters.

Posters like Knickslover and Hometheaterguy can atleast make some decent arguments, The haters in here know there not on my level, and I know jzero has made some comments about Marbury in the past that I wasnt a fan of but you didnt say nothin bad this time, so this aint directed at you. In response to your post, I believe Marbury has alot left but theres no proof either way, the only thing we can do is wait until next year.

On the real Starbury4real is that dude, great job defendin Starbury. Jimmychief isnt even worth replyin to, from now on im postin youtube videos whenever he addresses me. I have proof that he cant read, in a couple of different threads. He is THE WORST poster on here, and im not just sayin this because he was the most recent to criticize Marbury.

ABCD - good job as always of layin down the facts, I dont look at the whole incident as Marbury quittin on the team. After everything hes been through, if hes still willing to play for a team ran by Isiah (who he has every right to hate), then he deserves alot of credit for his positive attitude.

That's cool because nobody is interested in your dumb videos but you. Last time I checked this was a DISCUSSION board.

pat

Starter
The questions Marbury has to ask himself is: "Why me?" "Why all the time?" You don't get the baggage he is carrying around by pure chance. Even if all the trouble he was involved in and all the losing were just an unbelievable amount of tough luck I think it would be okay to be superstitious and to stay away from the guy.
Also if it were true that the media use Marbury as a scapegoat I wouldn't like to have him on my team for business reasons. It doesn't even have to be his fault (what I doubt) to make him a liability for any franchise.

But all in all I have to agree with Starks that it is not worth to debate about him any more. So from now on I will just stay out of all this Marbury/Starbury stuff. We should all be looking forward to the draft and hope that Isiah will be gone by then.

Last edited:

jzero29

Rotation player
The questions Marbury has to ask himself is: "Why me?" "Why all the time?" You don't get the baggage he is carrying around by pure chance. Even if all the trouble he was involved in and all the losing were just an unbelievable amount of tough luck I think it would be okay to be superstitious and stay away from the guy.
Also if it were true that the media use Marbury as a scapegoat I wouldn't like to have him on my team for business reasons. It doesn't even have to be his fault (what I doubt) to make him a liability for any franchise.

But all in all I have to agree with Starks that its is not worth to debate about him any more. So from now on I will just stay out of all this Marbury/Starbury stuff. We should all be looking forward to the draft and hope that Isiah will be gone by then.
getting rid of him now would be a mistake. His 20 plus million comes off the cap, we could trade him and get a bunch of contracts that equal stephs and are longer in years. I doubt we could get something worth having for several more years, His trade value as a player is all time low for him. Keep him & ditch Crawford. Let marbury cut loose, he'll be just as effective as Crawford has been this season. We can get something more for crawford. We need to rebuild. Start over, after next year, if we ditch crawford and marbury, maybe find a sucker for curry or zach, we'd have cap room, and we'd have this years 1st rounder and next years 1st rounder. AS long as we don't finish 7th overall in NBA this year or 8th overall next year, we keep those picks. So we'd have two high draft picks, one in sophmore year, lee balkman nate, q rich in his final year, maybe zach maybe curry. we'd have cap room for first time since forever. We'd look alright. If marbury was still effective, we could probably sign him cheap, so he'd get to stay in NY. Maybe we'd sign artest in offseason, after this year.
marbury is not the best point guard but he is still a very good one, when he is focused; which is hard to be when you have Thomas as a coach
Exactly, rather have him with the ball then crawford

Bottom line is when his contract is up would you resign him or pay max money to someone else?Can you honestly say that Steph is your franchise player and you can build around him to win a Championship?Would you invest the next 5 years to him and feel comfortable about the teams future? Not me
So instead we continue to build around crawford? CUrry? No we keep marbury, for 1 yr, let his 20 mill come off the books. We don't build around him we rebuild with his 20 mill!!!!! If he's worth having, he'll show us next year and we could sign him cheap.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The questions Marbury has to ask himself is: "Why me?" "Why all the time?" You don't get the baggage he is carrying around by pure chance. Even if all the trouble he was involved in and all the losing were just an unbelievable amount of tough luck I think it would be okay to be superstitious and to stay away from the guy.

But all in all I have to agree with Starks that it is not worth to debate about him any more. So from now on I will just stay out of all this Marbury/Starbury stuff. We should all be looking forward to the draft and hope that Isiah will be gone by then.

Theres only 2 things that should matter at this point, forget all that off the court stuff. I only care about his expiring contract and how well he plays. We cant form too much of an opinion based off this year, but last year he played defense and showed leadership which is more then anyone else on this team can say. Rasheed Wallace brings baggage but he helped Detroit win a championship back in 04. Baggage players are not problems as long as they have the right players around them, which Marbury obviously doesnt and I think his "baggage" is exagerrated. Who cares about baggage at this point, anyways. Look at all the baggage that Isiah already brings to this team. Curry and Zach Randolph are both baggage players. Curry doesnt take care of his physical conditioning, mentally hes soft. Randolph is far from being a team player, despite being talented.

Theres alot of players who have negative attributes, why does everyone always focus on Marbury? Im not lookin to start these arguments but when one is started, you can bet im gettin involved everytime. I would rather argue about other players or teams, whatever but if you wanna get anywhere (starks) you should be callin out specific people, such as the poster who claimed it was there last post here, the poster who instigated the most recent Marbury battle.

starbury4real

Benchwarmer

Are u serious Pat? U talking about baggage, there are alot of guys in the pros with baggages but flourish when they change scenery. Ask guys like Dennis Rodman, Terrel Owens, Randy Moss, Paman Jones and the list goes on. Look at what Randy Moss accomplish when he got traded to the Patriots, and how he flourished with a guy like Tom Brady, nobody was talking about his baggage. Make no mistake, Marbury may have baggage but don't act like the guys is the only player in pro sports with baggages. There are other guys who have more baggages than Marbury. Did u forget that Terrell Owens never got along with his players and coach? To even say Marbury comes with baggage as an excuse is ignorant and hypicritical. I rest my case, most guys on this forum act ignorant, u don't have to be a rocket scientist to observe a player and come up with an evaluation about that player.

Last edited:

GetRealistic

Starter
Hasn't Marbury had numerous change of Scenaries? Didnt he want to come home and play in NJ? That worked out pretty well.

But then he got his wish again ad got traded to the Knicks. An thats been nothing but a disgrace.

You guys gotta stop acting like his contract is an asset. It's not an asset, no team in there right mind will take him even its a one year. The only way we get him is to take an even worse contract.

If he gets released somebody may possibly take a chance, but nobody is going to take on 21 million.

Not to mention Mr. Italy will probably just take his money and go to Italy and turn an Italian team into a bad team.

metrocard

Legend
Hasn't Marbury had numerous change of Scenaries? Didnt he want to come home and play in NJ? That worked out pretty well.

But then he got his wish again ad got traded to the Knicks. An thats been nothing but a disgrace.

You guys gotta stop acting like his contract is an asset. It's not an asset, no team in there right mind will take him even its a one year. The only way we get him is to take an even worse contract.

If he gets released somebody may possibly take a chance, but nobody is going to take on 21 million.

Not to mention Mr. Italy will probably just take his money and go to Italy and turn an Italian team into a bad team.

Post like this really ruin the quality of the forum.

Like seriously, who the fuck is nobody? Who's telling you this shit, is your inside source the little leprechaun on your shoulder? You're a nut man...post like this you should get the slap fuck out of back to Rider. You're a cool dude, but for real...can you try any harder to be ignorant?

GetRealistic

Starter
What at all is untrue about that post? I don't see one false line in there.

Whose going to give the Knicks some sort of quality players in return for Marbury? Let me know this, because i'd love to know.

And we all know what has ruioned this forum over the last month. And in all honest its not even you its just the constant discussion over a topic that has no answer. We need to flat out have a one month pack from all posters to not mention Marbury because every concieveable arguement has been made and theres never going to be a winner.