The MVP Debate

Starks

Starter
I'm running out of ideas for thought provoking threads, especially with the Knicks since the team seems to have everyone in the world sick to their stomachs.

I'm still a basketball fan though.

The MVP debate seems pretty good this year.

I'm not sure who it should go to but for me it's down to 4:

LeBron - Kobe - KG - CP

I'm leaning towards LeBron.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
LeBron, he has been robbed a couple of times without getting the MVP, and I am on the line with either James or CP3, because without any of those players they would be fighting for the 1st pick in the lottery. But I pick LeBron James. Good thread, you should put a poll.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I pick Chris Paul, for MVP.

These are others I think deserve consideration:
-Kobe Bryant
-Lebron James
-Pau Gasol
-Tracy McGrady
-Dwight Howard
-Kevin Garnett
-Eddy Curry

Starks

Starter
I pick Chris Paul, for MVP.

These are others I think deserve consideration:
-Kobe Bryant
-Lebron James
-Pau Gasol
-Tracy McGrady
-Dwight Howard
-Kevin Garnett
-Eddy Curry

It's true that you can easliy say that what CP means to New Orleans is just as much as what Bron means to the Cavs.

With Nash winning MVP 2x in a row, you never know how the voters will go. I won't be upset if CP won though

Pricey

Rotation player
Kobe Bryant for me but wouldnt be unhappy if Chris Paul won it.
As long as LeBron doesnt win im happy, he is a great player but i dont like selfish players but i guess he has no one to give the rock to. His team is shit in a shit conference. Bryant and Paul have their sides contending in a great conference.

H20

Rookie
Kobe Bryant for me but wouldnt be unhappy if Chris Paul won it.
As long as LeBron doesnt win im happy, he is a great player but i dont like selfish players but i guess he has no one to give the rock to. His team is shit in a shit conference. Bryant and Paul have their sides contending in a great conference.
you say you dont like selfish players, but you want Kobe Bryant to win.....that dosnt make sense :eek7:

jzero29

Rotation player
Forget the NBA MVP!!! WHat about the KNicks MVP

Uhm Knicks MVP? I wasn't serious. I can't say I am particularly happy with anyones effort this year. Sure Zach and Crawford are having individual good statistical years(execpt turn overs(both) and assists(zach) Shooting % (crawford))They sure do put up some shots though. Even david lee seems to have lost some fire. He's played well as of late, when CUrry and/or Zach were out. Nate has been pretty good, but not that consistent. Q has been terrible 80% of the season and has played well as of late. Marbury hasn't played. Eddy curry is our best bet as someone suggested. Shoot why not jerome james? Balkman hasn't played consistnetly well all year. Jeffereries has played OKay, I could see him being a good role player on a team, but on a team full of role player talent, he's just another guy. The rookies, morris, chandler? who are they? Last two years the rookies were well know. Played alot, why not now?
P.S. if you asked marbury i'm sure he'd say starbury was MVP this season. Which brings up another canidate A.B.Saunders.

Last edited:

jzero29

Rotation player
By the way, I'd go Lebron

I'd def go lebron over Kobe. Kobe has as impossible as it sounds turned another corner, He is learning to play with others. He finally seems to get what lebron has done since day one, how to make those around you better. Kobe also has a ton of help with development of Bynum and then trade for gasol. Lamar Odom is better then most guys on the cavs. The Lakers are deep. They even have some good shooters besides Kobe. The fact that Gasol is also in the conversation also hurts Kobe, Gasol has brought alot to the lakers.McGrady had the help of Yao most of the season. He has only played 8 games Yaoless, a great 8 games for Mcgrady. KG, boston is playing sick, but is it KG or is it Paul pierce or R.Allen? I'd say Rondo has done a good job keeping those guys happy. He may not be the best pg but he has done a good job from what I have seen. Chris paul is nice, he's carrying his team big time. Him or lebron. Howard is another guy really carrying a team but not the way lebron or Paul, they are just a step above. McGrady has a chance to get there if the Rockets continue to succeed. Some Great Basketball though.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
Definitly Chris Paul, he has the biggest impact on his team. Without him, a guy like David West wouldn't be able to put up Allstar-numbers

Toons

is the Bo$$
david west scores most of his points on iso plays and hustle points....i cud understand crediting him for chandlers offense, but david west is a star by himself....i think the person who changed the hornets is peja....in his first healthy season, look what happens....there is no way tmac or gasol shud b in this conversation....i say the L train takes it....and how is lebron selfish? he nearly averages 30 8 n 8....statistically he's a way better player than kobe, the only thing kobe does better is shoot free throws and his 3pt shot....lebron means more to cle than kobe means to la.....Flight 23 for MVP

metrocard

Legend
This belong in the NBA section.

MVP can go both ways.

Individually, Lebron is having the best season by far.

Some may give it to KG.

Chris Paul should win it though, what he's doing with not much support is really amazing, especially in the toughest conference we've seen in a long time. Paul had Hornets a 1 seed for mad long. 20 ppg 11 assist, great defense and leadership. Does it get any beter? I'll take Paul's 20 and 11 over Kobe's 27 + ppg

Last edited:

dre48ny

Rotation player
Anytime a guy takes a team to the finals with garbage players, it says a lot about that player. LeBron James keep his team competitive every night. It doesn't matter who he plays with, he does the best with the least. Chris paul is on the same boat, but the fact that LeBron has been robbed in the past, gives him the edge this year. Plus he played in the finals. Would Kobe have reached the finals last year with that team? I doubt it. The addition of Gasol of this year takes him out of the race, that is too much help!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Kobe Bryant has never won the MVP award, I would like to see him get it even after all the crying he did this summer. Even before Pau Gasol was acquired I was impressed with how well the Lakers were playing. At age 29, I have to consider Kobe to be the 2nd best shooting guard of all time behind someone who I hate.

Kevin Garnett is a worthy candidate, everyone knows I hate the Celtics but im leavin biases out of this post. I dont think KG is the MVP because the Celtics played good while he was injured, proving that you can make a good arguement that the celtics could make the playoffs even without Garnett. His impact has been huge in Boston, but not as huge as some say. I dont think Perkins gets enough credit but he helps that team out alot down low with his defense and rebounding. After the Knicks, the Celtics are the team I watch the most despite hating them, my pops is a celtic fan and so is my best friend. Its torture, but i do a decent job of hiding my hate.

How bad would the Hornets be without Chris Paul? I think they would clearly be the worst team in the West, which is a very strong arguement as to why CP3 should be the MVP. I think theres a stronger case for Paul then there is for KG and Kobe. He is a complete player with no weaknesses, and considered by many to be the best point guard defensively. I think hes a better passer then Steve Nash, if he was the point guard for the Suns I would consider them a championship caliber team without question.

The Cavs would not only be the worst team in the East, but they would be the worst team in the league and posssibly even the worst team ever without Lebron James. He brought the Cavs to the finals last year. I dont like Lebron but I enjoy watching his greatness. Whos the greatest player in the NBA? Great arguements can be made for all 4 candidates, but stats would say Lebron James. Hes a triple double threat everytime he plays, and also a great defender. Lebron James = 2008 MVP

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
KG for MVP. He's got help but he's responsible for turning around Boston. No one else can say that this year. Labron is Laron. His name will always be mentioned for the MVP. It will be close.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
What the hell does that supposed to mean LeBron is LeBron! He is such a great player without him that team would be garbage. He is the only key player on that team, there are factor players on that team too like Z, and Gibson, maybe Wallace, but the King is the best.

KG isn't averaging great numbers really... I think LeBron will finally get it this year.