One of the few post ima post this season

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
this will be one of the few post ima post about the knicks this season...ive watch all of there games actually probably missed like 4? idk but this was just a bad season...new york was hyped about Zach coming in and since we almost got to the playoffs last season if it was not for injuries we would have gotten in but we all got so hyped but what we forgot 2 think about is DEFENSE...something the knicks still needed to improve on last season and Zach was not gonna make the defense better...i mean like Isiah did a poor job fixing the knicks...instead he brang in more offense which we already had basically when he needed to bring in some Defense...and after Zach we just went downhill...i rather have stayed with last seasons team...this seasons team is just so sad and BORING to watch...i get sleepy during the games now...like wow and man all the stuff thats happened to the knicks 2...this just aint our year...and towards the end we start playing competitive basketball but yet we cant finish it off in the 4rth quarter...the east is so bad right now and its sad how we cant even be in the playoff race...the west has dominated the nba and made all of the east teams bad really i mean anywun can get in the playoffs in the east...its easy just go on a run and ull get in the 8th seed...last years team would have probably made the playoffs this year...well they still would have been in the dam playoff race...idk its sad to even be a knicks fan...like wow and what happened to our buzzer beaters? last year we had so many this year they cant even keep u excited nomore...its sad what Isiah has done with this organization...and its sad cause we really dont have much good players...probably only Zach thats in only some teams are starters in other teams...the only post ill probably be postin on this site is basically about the nba or just some other shyt...well see yall in the draft or when isiah gets fired...
P.S...theres this forum about all the nba teams...its called www.otrbasketball.com...check it out...dont post there much cuz barely no knicks fans...but u should deff check it out if you a nba fanatic...can post about any team...and really active...

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
I am not feeling bad at all right now

From the looks of it Isiah is on the way out a the end of this season. Thats definately got me looking forward with some cautious optimism. His firing will be the first step of many in turning this mess around.

Secondly even if we did make the playoffs, we would probably get swept and embarassed. Not to mention we would get a later pick on the draft. If you look at other teams such as the Heat, Picking up a Beasley would be more productive then making a Playoff Cameo.

Third we are finally seeing what are young guys can do. Hopefully they will pick up some "continuity" as Clyde says. It will also help us figure out who to keep for the future and who becomes a chip in a trade. Although I don't really see anything from Morris right now, any center that can step up for this team means less minutes for Curry and I am all for that.

Finally, I am going to say this about Z-Bo. When he was traded to the Knicks. Fans and Critics were excited about him coming here. I personally had no problem with the trade because we got rid of Steve Francis and Channing Frye has shown he is limited in his abilities even on a decent team like Portland. Basically we got crap for crap.

Now when everybody was excited, DID YOU NOT KNOW what you were gonna get? Was Z. Bo known to be a defensive stopper, a leader a good shot blocker and a good chemistry guy? NO. He was a scorer and a decent robounder in Portland and he did exactly the same in NY! I can understand disappointment with Jeffries when he doesn't play defense, or Q can't hit his jumper. But for all his weaknesses and they are plenty. Zach was overrated in Portland and WE all bought into the hype. But you don't see me bitching about him now. Blame isiah for that move. If anything I can live with Zach, cuz now we can just dismiss Curry for our scoring needs. Instead for the meantime we can run our offense through the backcourt of Robinson and Crawford. And let Zach Post up. Draft a defensive center and start wilson Chandler at SF.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
keep Zach in the post? chill 4 what...i rather have Curry...i mean like really think about it ALL Zach does is slow down the offense...watch when he gets the ball all the players just stand around and look at him score 2 pts...i mean yea the guy is one hell of a scorer but thats it...he cant play defense AT ALL...is not even that he does not even try...i mean this guy dosent even jump to contest a shot...he makes no i mean NO effort to go for the block...shyt i dont even remember him blocking some1 NOT EVEN ONCE since hes came 2 the knicks...this guy u can tell nowun likes him...he gets mad when they dont give him the ball 2...so basically if u play on his team all u need 2 worry about is giving Zach the ball...man when he dosent get a call to go for him he walks up slowly does not even make and effort 2 run to the other end of the court...all he cares about is his stats and u can tell nowun in the team likes him...and i aint saying eddys better...but eddy does do better when Zach is not playing...and plus wit out eddy all Zach does is shooot perimeter jumpshots...he can make them but i dont want that from my PF all the time....and with eddy atleast that fat guy goes up for blocks sometimes...and he does block sometimes or not goaltends lolz...but still the team likes him better u can tell i mean god no wonder Portland gave Zach for nuttin...probably the players wanted him 2 be out idk but Zach is just a waste...i say trade him...maybe the nets or somebody will want him...and i aint saying i want curry neither...just rather have curry then zach

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Zach Randolph is better than Curry. He can score in multiple ways. Also, he's a way better rebounder and free throw shooter than Curry. All Curry can do is get dunks and hook shots. And he can't even do that, unless you throw him a perfect pass. Randolph has more team chemistry than Curry. He actually has 7 more eff points than Curry. EFF is a stat that shows your team chemistry. According to NBA.com, Curry has less team chemistry than Randolph(11.5 to 19). I understand that he has no defense, but Curry has no defense, either. And actually, Curry slows down the offense even more than Randolph. Curry always turns the ball over, once he gets the ball, by getting 3 second violations and by throwing the ball to the opposing team. Randolph, despite being a selfish player, actually averages 4x more assists than Curry: 2 assists per game to Curry's .5. Isiah actually tried to give Curry a lot of minutes, but he kept playing poorly, which is why his minutes were cut. Also, in addition to individual stats, Randolph has more playoff appearances than Curry. Randolph has been to the playoffs 2x, while Curry has never made the playoffs, in his NBA career, so far. I know you like Curry, thekidd, but Curry is one dimensional. Randolph is multidimensional, so it's obvious he's better than Curry.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I hope zach gets the rite coach at some point of his career, that forces him to be a teamplayer (if possible). I cant say enough about his talent, but his selfishness will prevent him from winning. Unlike Curry, Zach at least loves playing basketball and he has more skill. He can barely get off the ground but last year in Portland he averaged over 23 points and 10 rebounds. Hes a good passer sometimes and has potential to be a top 10 power forward, not just statistically. Will he ever become that? Unfortunatly, probally not, but I like his style of play. I think at times he can be fun to watch, hopefully wherever he goes (im not expectin him to be back in NY next year) that he gets a coach whos tough on him, and gets him to be less selfish. If I was the Knicks gm, i would trade Curry before Zach. Sorry to disagree with you thekidd, but please bring back one of your old signatures.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
lolz i know i get all of your points...but its best for this team that Zach leaves...u can tell nowun likes him...i mean he almost fought Nate and u can tell he bullys david lee...he be screaming him alot...he gets mad when he does not get the ball...like i knwo the dude got talent and shyt and he can rebound(oo yea 4got about rebounding yea thats one problem i forgot about eddy and free throws) but like Zach have more chemistry...chill...all the knicks do when hes playing is give him the ball...and he be passing it 2 cutters sometimes and most of the times the cutter are energy guys or guys that barely play...idk i just feel like nowun likes him in this team...like he gets mad easily if you dont give him the ball hell walk not run to the other end... and yea you guys are right Zach is better...but i rather pick Zach 2 play a 1 on 1 for me then a team ball...and yea dont get me wrong i do want both out but just have a hatred for Zach...he just looks like a jerk 2 me...i mean his favorite movie is Dont be a menace 2 society...yea good movie but 2 be your favorite...idk he looks fake 2 me and i think all the knicks roster knows that

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
you gotta good point thekidd, no one on the knicks likes z-bo. I would still prefer to see curry go first but i wanna see both them gone. Im not sure how many of the players on this team like each other, which is shown by their record thats below the Crawford line, I think they are 19 and 48 or somethin like that.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I want Randolph off the team, too. I just don't want him off the team right now. He's a good scorer and rebounder, and he could help the Knicks rebuild. I think the Knicks should keep him till the end of next year.Maybe even longer, if he proves he can be a team player, next year. Randolph is still one of the best powerforwards in the NBA, so I think the Knicks should try and find players that can block shots to play with Randolph, for next year. If the Knicks are gonna rebuild, they need to get rid of people on the team that suck. Randolph doesn't suck, even though he has no defense and he's not a team player. I think the Knicks should get rid of Curry,Collins, Richardson, Jeffries, and Jerome James. Those are the current 5 worst knicks on the roster. Then, the Knicks need to draft a center and a point guard with defense, for this year's draft. And then the Knicks need to fire Isiah. If the Knicks do these 3 things, they'll be on their way to rebuilding.

Last edited:

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
yea Zach can score wit the best of them...but Zach looks like u have 2 rebuild around him...basically he aint gonna be no role player...u can tell he wants 2 be the star...and he got no leadership really...idk intill i see he can even lead the knicks 2 a win and gets along with them and then i would only start rebuilding around him...other then that whats the point...we should just let him go

Hes a good passer sometimes

That's the thing with Zach that's so annoying. When he actually passes the ball he is one of the better passing big men in the league. Unfortunately he just never wants to pass. Then again if you were as skilled as Zach would you want to pass the ball to Crawford, Curry, Q Rich etc etc? Last couple of games where Isiah has actually begun to play the young guys Zach has been real positive and supportive despite his minutes being cut. Quite frankly I think Zach, given his skills at his size, in addition to his heart is the best player on this team, even better then Steph. *ducks*

I'd love to see Zach on a team with a winning, positive environment. If I were the Rockets gm I'd defintely trade for him. Put him alongside Yao and T-Mac to go along with that teams defensive schemes and you will have one serious title contender next season because right now they can't score. The Pistons and Cavs are two Eastern conference teams off the top of my head where I think Z-Bo would fit right in because both of those teams suffer through long scoring droughts.

Zach Randolph comes to play every night and somehow even on an off night is almost always good for a double double. He could play on my team anytime. If I was him and playing for the knicks I'd be yelling for the ball every time down floor to.

Last edited:

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
That's the thing with Zach that's so annoying. When he actually passes the ball he is one of the better passing big men in the league. Unfortunately he just never wants to pass. Then again if you were as skilled as Zach would you want to pass the ball to Crawford, Curry, Q Rich etc etc? Last couple of games where Isiah has actually begun to play the young guys Zach has been real positive and supportive despite his minutes being cut. Quite frankly I think Zach, given his skills at his size, in addition to his heart is the best player on this team, even better then Steph. *ducks*

I'd love to see Zach on a team with a winning, positive environment. If I were the Rockets gm I'd defintely trade for him. Put him alongside Yao and T-Mac to go along with that teams defensive schemes and you will have one serious title contender next season because right now they can't score. The Pistons and Cavs are two Eastern conference teams off the top of my head where I think Z-Bo would fit right in because both of those teams suffer through long scoring droughts.

Zach Randolph comes to play every night and somehow even on an off night is almost always good for a double double. He could play on my team anytime. If I was him and playing for the knicks I'd be yelling for the ball every time down floor to.
well idk about that...i mean really like we havent seen Zach play with any good players yet so we dont reeally know how hell play with one...i mean he might become less selfish or still ballhog...and yea you got a point who would want 2 pass it to the eddy currys and jamal crawfords...but thats who we have so y keep him...like i would say trade them and give Zach good players but y risk it...he might be the same and just ballhog...we have been threw 2 much and we have expiremented way 2 much...and im tired of it i just want a good team that can make it to the playoffs and bring excitement back 2 ny

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Here's the deal as I see it. Isiah is out at the end of the season and depending on who is going to be the new GM and Coaching staff; that will dictate which direction the Knicks go when trying to make changes to this roster. It's a lot of fun to talk about who we would like to see get traded and how we would restructure the team going forward. The truth of the matter is neither Curry or Randolph is going to be traded easily; as well as 90% of the team. Almost the entire roster is untradeable due to health issues and salary. If you want a team to take on Randolph's contract you are going to either take back another garbage contract as well or you are going to have to include one of the young studs as an incentive. Isiah ruined the values of so many guys on this team! At first, Marbury was untouchable and we missed out on getting Vince Carter from Toronto becuase Isiah didn't want to include Steph. Then Frye was untouchable and Isiah turned down Artest because he didn't want to include Frye as well as (according to some rumors) Lamar Odem. When Isiah was looking into getting Jermaine O'Neil a few years back, Curry was untouchable and wouldn't include him in the deal and that nixed that deal. Remember the Knciks wouldn't include QR in a trade to Washington for Kwame Brown, Isiah was trying to get Washington to take Crawford and they didn't want him, they wanted QR so that deal was nixed. While Kwame is not a top 4 or 5 in the league, at least he would of brought some resemblance of D and QR has been injured most of the time! So, the reality is both Curry and Randolph will probably end up staying in NY until the end of their contract unless Isiah bundles one of the high priced underachievers with either Lee or a lottery pick. From what I understand the only players that draw interest from other GM's are; Lee, Nate and a few GM's have inquired about Jamal. That's it, that's all any one wants. Except for the Bucks wanting Randolph in return for Gadzurick, Simmons and Villanueva, there has been zero interest. Which by the way, the Bucks owners stopped their GM from making that trade! Face it my fellow hurting Knicks fans, we are screwed for the next few years and we owe it all to the genius of Isiah Thomas the word's most incompetent GM! Say thank you Isiah!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Quite frankly I think Zach, given his skills at his size, in addition to his heart is the best player on this team, even better then Steph. *ducks*

Sadly, I think Zach does come to play every night. He has his off nights where he does his really dumb things like that 3pt attempt against the raptors, just one of many examples. He does love to play basketball, i think part of the problem is that hes not motivated. He is very talented and has made some really nice passes, and when it comes to talent I believe hes on the level of Starbury. Both of them have talent, clearly the 2 most talented players on the team.

If I was the Rockets i would be hesitant to take Z-Bo, i believe he has the potential to be a good team player but he hasnt proven it. Of all the teams you listed I think Cleveland would be the best destination. Zach occasionally can even play within a team defense, I almost feel wrong giving him credit but he really does have alot of talent. He would be one of my favorite players if he was on a winning team, but again part of his sloppy play could be due to lack of motivation/not liking the coach.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Here's the deal as I see it. Isiah is out at the end of the season and depending on who is going to be the new GM and Coaching staff; that will dictate which direction the Knicks go when trying to make changes to this roster. It's a lot of fun to talk about who we would like to see get traded and how we would restructure the team going forward. The truth of the matter is neither Curry or Randolph is going to be traded easily; as well as 90% of the team. Almost the entire roster is untradeable due to health issues and salary. If you want a team to take on Randolph's contract you are going to either take back another garbage contract as well or you are going to have to include one of the young studs as an incentive. Isiah ruined the values of so many guys on this team! At first, Marbury was untouchable and we missed out on getting Vince Carter from Toronto becuase Isiah didn't want to include Steph. Then Frye was untouchable and Isiah turned down Artest because he didn't want to include Frye as well as (according to some rumors) Lamar Odem. When Isiah was looking into getting Jermaine O'Neil a few years back, Curry was untouchable and wouldn't include him in the deal and that nixed that deal. Remember the Knciks wouldn't include QR in a trade to Washington for Kwame Brown, Isiah was trying to get Washington to take Crawford and they didn't want him, they wanted QR so that deal was nixed. While Kwame is not a top 4 or 5 in the league, at least he would of brought some resemblance of D and QR has been injured most of the time! So, the reality is both Curry and Randolph will probably end up staying in NY until the end of their contract unless Isiah bundles one of the high priced underachievers with either Lee or a lottery pick. From what I understand the only players that draw interest from other GM's are; Lee, Nate and a few GM's have inquired about Jamal. That's it, that's all any one wants. Except for the Bucks wanting Randolph in return for Gadzurick, Simmons and Villanueva, there has been zero interest. Which by the way, the Bucks owners stopped their GM from making that trade! Face it my fellow hurting Knicks fans, we are screwed for the next few years and we owe it all to the genius of Isiah Thomas the word's most incompetent GM! Say thank you Isiah!

I hope your wrong, but you mite be right. We have to remember, although Isiah is the dumbest gm there are other dumb gms out there. The one thing that is a MUST is that Grunwald or a new gm makes these trades, not Isiah. Other gms are aware with Isiahs history that they can rape him in a trade. They will look to rape him until he swells up. Nasty, but the best way to put it. If I was a gm of another team, I aint takin any of the bad contracts from the Knicks excluding Marbury because he expires next year. There are some gms out there who will look at Currys 19.5 ppg from last year and say "When the Knicks somewhat resembled a team in the 06-07 season, Curry was very tough to stop down low." He did constantly draw double teams, but I still believe that season was overrated for him. His turnovers were high and he showed that he cant pass out of double teams. The only thing we can do is hope that a couple of these bums get traded and that we get expiring contracts or at least good character players out of the deal. Thats what the Knicks need even though Im still hopin for an Artest trade.

paris401

Starter
if the argument is .. do we keep the 'black-hole, or do we keep 'wide-load'
all i can say is....

"WE BE IN BIG TROUBLE"....

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Sadly, I think Zach does come to play every night. He has his off nights where he does his really dumb things like that 3pt attempt against the raptors, just one of many examples. He does love to play basketball, i think part of the problem is that hes not motivated. He is very talented and has made some really nice passes, and when it comes to talent I believe hes on the level of Starbury. Both of them have talent, clearly the 2 most talented players on the team.

If I was the Rockets i would be hesitant to take Z-Bo, i believe he has the potential to be a good team player but he hasnt proven it. Of all the teams you listed I think Cleveland would be the best destination. Zach occasionally can even play within a team defense, I almost feel wrong giving him credit but he really does have alot of talent. He would be one of my favorite players if he was on a winning team, but again part of his sloppy play could be due to lack of motivation/not liking the coach.

If you look at some of my old posts, I actually suggested a few years back that we go after Randolph. Don't feel wrong for liking Zach, he is a talented player and you are right when you say that on a good team he could be a plus. On the Knicks with the current roster, he doesn't fit because his game; that being his strengths and weaknesses, mimic all the other players on the team. So, what that creates is a HUGE hole when every player has the same weaknesses; no balance what so ever! I wouldn't be apposed to keeping Randolph if they change the personnel around him. I think you could successfully build around Zach if done properly. If we had a GM that understood the nuances of team chemistry and balance. Again, you could make the same argument for Curry, knowing his strengths and weaknesses, pairing him up with players that fill in the gaps. Think about it; say you parked Boozer next to him and let Boozer bang in the paint and clean up. Let Curry concentrate on what could make him successful. So if he was to be doubled or even tripled, you have an equalizer that could come into play. Every team that has won has had balance. They all play the inside outside game. You have the scorer next to the guy that can clean up. You kink it out to the long range threat. When the Knicks take the floor, you have 5 guys that want to score with jump shots and not play any D. Ewing had Oakley, Hakeem had Thorpe and Horry (in the playoffs)... Cartwright had Grant... Laimbeer had Rodman. See what I am saying? Balance with each player being strong in the area that their counter part was week in. That is how you have continuity and balance. That is the definition of TEAM play and not just a bunch of players out on the court trying to get theirs. That is what I hope the next GM can do for us.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I agree with you, hometheaterguy. I think Media takes away from Randolph, by always pointing out his negatives. These are the facts. I'm not making this up. On the 2005-2006 season, the Trailblazers won just 21 games. Then, on the 2006-2007 season, With Zach Randolph, Brandon Roy, and Lamarcus Aldridge all on the team, the Blazers improved to 32-50. That's an 11 game increase. Instead of pointing this out, all people do is say Randolph is a blackhole. Yes, Zach Randolph is selfish and he has no defense. However, the bottom line is he's a top 10 powerforward in the NBA. You don't just go trading away players with that kind of talent, unless you're gonna get something good in return. Considering he has such a huge contract, the Knicks aren't gonna get anything good for Zach. That's why I think the Knicks should try and use him for next year, and try and see how he plays with the young guys. Who knows, maybe the Knicks will improve next year, like how the Blazers did, last year with Randolph-something nobody gives Randolph any credit for. Another thing people don't point out is that Randolph leads all frontcourt players on the Knicks in assists and EFF(which shows how the team plays when you're on the court). He leads the team, with an EFF of 19. If he has hurting the team, his EFF would be lower.The fact that his EFF is high means that the team plays better when he's on the court,than when he's off the court. Crawford, for example, averages 20 ppg, but because he is getting too many minutes, at 41 mpg, that's why his EFF is only 15, even though most players with 20 ppg have a higher EFF than him.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I agree with you, hometheaterguy. I think Media takes away from Randolph, by always pointing out his negatives. These are the facts. I'm not making this up. On the 2005-2006 season, the Trailblazers won just 21 games. Then, on the 2006-2007 season, With Zach Randolph, Brandon Roy, and Lamarcus Aldridge all on the team, the Blazers improved to 32-50. That's an 11 game increase. Instead of pointing this out, all people do is say Randolph is a blackhole. Yes, Zach Randolph is selfish and he has no defense. However, the bottom line is he's a top 10 powerforward in the NBA. You don't just go trading away players with that kind of talent, unless you're gonna get something good in return. Considering he has such a huge contract, the Knicks aren't gonna get anything good for Zach. That's why I think the Knicks should try and use him for next year, and try and see how he plays with the young guys. Who knows, maybe the Knicks will improve next year, like how the Blazers did, last year with Randolph-something nobody gives Randolph any credit for. Another thing people don't point out is that Randolph leads all frontcourt players on the Knicks in assists and EFF(which shows how the team plays when you're on the court). He leads the team, with an EFF of 19. If he has hurting the team, his EFF would be lower.The fact that his EFF is high means that the team plays better when he's on the court,than when he's off the court. Crawford, for example, averages 20 ppg, but because he is getting too many minutes, at 41 mpg, that's why his EFF is only 15, even though most players with 20 ppg have a higher EFF than him.

The other thing to look at as well is how you define defense. Randolph traditionally is a double double, he usually leads his team in rebounds. An area within defense that he is week in is that he doesn't body up his opponent. Take Rodman, Oakley and even Anthony Mason for example; they were prolific rebounders but they were also a prolific stoppers. Not with shot blocking but with using their body to disrupt their opponents. They would keep the other players off their game by denying them the ability to set and post up as well as taking away the lane. This is what Randolph and Lee for that matter lack. Lee is another player that could put up a consistent double double in his career. He is still young and might be able to develop some of the other skills but right now he looks like a player that will get 10+ rebounds a game as well as 10+ points a game but will give up points as well. This is the area that needs to be addressed. Same with the perimeter. John Starks (to use an alumni) was a great perimeter defender. Yes, his offensive game was similar to Crawford's whereas he would hoist up a tremendous amount of long range shots but he did take it the paint and he defended his position tremendously. You know, I would rather have Bruce Bowen sitting out there than Crawford!! This is the direction we need to go. Also, I am not saying I want to get rid of Crawford, to me he should be a 6th man type. I think his game would be best used as a change of pace guy and long range specialist. He could play both the 2 and 1 spot. But there is just not enough room for all the scorers and this should be #1 priority in the off season!!!