Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Scott Skiles

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Terry Porter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paul Silas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There was a Daily News article today talking about this. My pick would be Tom Thibadeau because he is the one most responsible for the Celtics awesome defensive schemes but he is Jeff Van Gundy's right hand man so I dunno if Dolan would go there.

If he doesn't get the Indiana job I could really see it being Skiles which I am not too crazy about.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I want Mark Jackson to be assistant coach, Charles Oakley to be assistant coach, and Patrick Ewing to be head coach. Mark Jackson has a very high basketball IQ, so if Ewing and Oakley don't come to the Knicks, then I want Mark Jackson to be the head coach. He was a very good point guard in the NBA, and with his intelligence, he could make a great coach. I've seen him announce for the Nets, and he's good at figuring out a team's strengths and weaknesses. He's one of the more intelligent commentators in the league.Something else that's good about Mark Jackson is that he's not afraid to speak his mind. On numerous occasions, despite being an announcer for the Nets, when asked if he feels the Nets will turn things around and make the playoffs this season, he has said no. Not too many commentators would put their job on the line and say things against the team you announce for, but he did.

Last edited:

ANU

Starter
I want Mark Jackson to be assistant coach, Charles Oakley to be assistant coach, and Patrick Ewing to be head coach. Mark Jackson has a very high basketball IQ, so if Ewing and Oakley don't come to the Knicks, then I want Mark Jackson to be the head coach. He was a very good point guard in the NBA, and with his intelligence, he could make a great coach. I've seen him announce for the Nets, and he's good at figuring out a team's strengths and weaknesses. He's one of the more intelligent commentators in the league.Something else that's good about Mark Jackson is that he's not afraid to speak his mind. On numerous occasions, despite being an announcer for the Nets, when asked if he feels the Nets will turn things around and make the playoffs this season, he has said no. Not too many commentators would put their job on the line and say things against the team you announce for, but he did.
yep.get the ew and bernard king as assistants for mark.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting

I agree. Although I'm surprised that Herb Williams isn't mentioned. Herb is a good coach and has held us down during the very trying times of Larry Brown and Isiah Thomas. He deserves a shot but on the other hand, I'd really like to see Marc Jackson take over. Maybe Marc Jackson should be Herb's assistant. Let him earn his rank.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I agree. Although I'm surprised that Herb Williams isn't mentioned. Herb is a good coach and has held us down during the very trying times of Larry Brown and Isiah Thomas. He deserves a shot but on the other hand, I'd really like to see Marc Jackson take over. Maybe Marc Jackson should be Herb's assistant. Let him earn his rank.
Herb Williams would make a good coach. My only concern with him is that he doesn't seem like the type that would yell at the team, if they weren't executing on defense. You are lucky that I am neutral about Marbury, for the rest of this season, or that signature of yours would've started another Starburywar. lol

dre48ny

Rotation player
Jeff Van Gundy

To tell u da truth, Jeff Van Gundy has to come off tv and coach the Knicks again. Defense is his fortee and he would love to compete against his brother Stan over @ Orlando. I know with Dolan, that is next 2 impossible but That is who I want.

Maybe he can hang from Curry's leg so he can't get to the fridge. JA!!

GetRealistic

Starter
I love Patrick but he's not a head coach. How many former Centers have been head coaches? I like the Marc Jackson but if we really want to shock these players and bring back defense Tom Thibadeau is the guy. Not to mention we steal Bostons best assistant.

Also Van Gundy ain't gonna happen people. He quit because of Dolan, why would he come back to work for Dolan.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Yeah that's why I said close to impossible. We never thought Phil jackson would coach Kobe again. And look how good they look together now. And we all know kobe calls the shots in LA.

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
This is tough because this is so crucial to this team if they make the wrong choice it sets us back even more if we get the wrong coach and we have to get another in 2 years that means a new system new players and we start all over again,And I want to start rebuilding NOW and try to get rid of what we have now I dont want to have to do it again.First I love Ewing as a player but as a coach never I hate to say it but he never won a NBA championship,He was great but never figured out how to get ovet the hump and bring it home,He would never talk to the media as a player and in NY you have to as a coach or they will be all over you it would be to big of a distraction for him,Second I dont want some old retread coach who never won anything in the past and the game has changed so much now a lot of these coaches are stubborn and wont change there system and wont admit the game has passed them bye.If I had a choice it would be Rick Adelman the guy does nothing but win every year with teams that dont have a lot of talent or spend a lot of money.If I couldnt get him I would get a young assistant or young college coach and let them grow with the team we are trying to build.

You are lucky that I am neutral about Marbury, for the rest of this season, or that signature of yours would've started another Starburywar. lol
Man i really dont wanna do this again so ima chill with the marbury sh!t and give you guys a break. Starks is right, all it does is trash the forums-and it never goes anywhere cuz poeple still try to say these things that we have all proved wrong. Jesus, with all the previous marbury wars- how can people here still talk sh1t?

There was a Daily News article today talking about this. My pick would be Tom Thibadeau because he is the one most responsible for the Celtics awesome defensive schemes but he is Jeff Van Gundy's right hand man so I dunno if Dolan would go there.

If he doesn't get the Indiana job I could really see it being Skiles which I am not too crazy about.

Another dickhead. Where is Isiah on your poll? Im not voting.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

Another dickhead. Where is Isiah on your poll? Im not voting.

lol IsiahThomas called echs a d*ckhead.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
To tell u da truth, Jeff Van Gundy has to come off tv and coach the Knicks again. Defense is his fortee and he would love to compete against his brother Stan over @ Orlando. I know with Dolan, that is next 2 impossible but That is who I want.

Maybe he can hang from Curry's leg so he can't get to the fridge. JA!!

BINGO!!! You are exactly right JVG,is our answer whether Dolan wants to admit it or not.Then I would make Ewing an assistant and Mark Jackson or Oakley an assistant.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
None of the people listed above.. I want a proven winner, who has the sense to pick a coaching staff based on what they know not based whether they r ur friend. the problem with the Knicks, amongst other things of course, is that their asst. coaching staff sucked. THere was no defense wizard or offensive wizard who Isiah could count on for advice, and I blame Isiah for that fact. Whoever the next coach is, should, like i said b4, be a proven winner, able to handle NY press and not cower under the pressure and have the respect of the troops... None of the people listed have that... I haven't thought much on it, but I would go for someone like Rick Carlise, Jerry Sloan(buy his ass out from the jazz damnit) ...

stevie

Benchwarmer
My Choice. If I Could Choice Anyone, I Would Want A Great Teacher And Motivator Of Young Players. Also Someone Who Has Proven They Can Mesh Egos To Win. I Would Hire Coach K A Consistant And Proven Winner In College And A Teacher And Motivater Of Young Men. He Was Also Able To Deal With The Egos Of The Pros For Team Usa.

President Colango
Gm The Guy In Portland I Think His Name Is Pritchard
Coah Coach K

This Imediately Becomes One Of The Most Repsected Organizations In The Nba.

Kiyaman

Legend
Right now, with the state of this franchise and the chance of pulling a star player out of this draft to go alongside of the (20 win season) players that are on this Knick roster, as much as I am a Larry Brown Hater since the 1980's, I must admitt the Knicks best choice of a coach for the next 3 season has to be a veteran like Larry Brown or Rick Carlisle. And let them hire and bring their own coaching-staff...

New New York

Quiet Storm
Herb or Mr. Jackson

Toss up between Herb and Mark Jackson.

I would want Herb just because he has been through the Scott Layden, and Isiah regime and I think he has earned his stripes. Herb would also bring back Pat as an assitant, also I think Dave Hanners should be retained, the rest of Isiah's staff can leave with him. Herb has his players respect, as well as the respect of other coaches in the league.

Mark Jackson would be good with a ready made team a la Avery Johnson, I think building a team from ground up would be tough for any new coach, I mean don't get me wrong Doc Rivers, and Byron Scott both did it with Orlando, and NJ so it can be done. But I think we would be setting up Mark for a very job if he took over now. But he is an ex Knick and was a player coach with JVG, so he will bring a good philosophy to the game.