WALSH accepts Knicks Job

It took way to long man but all I can say is finally we're on the road to recovery. Its about time..... Its about got damn time.....

L xx NYK

Rookie
Yessss.

It's about freakin time we dumped Isiah. Stick him in the Mail room and away from my Knicks. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Our time for healing can start now and hopefully within 2 years we can achieve playoff status I say 2 yrs because we all know next year aint going to be no better. 30-52 at best but, at least our youngins will play and develop.

nyk24

Rookie
We're not out of the woods just yet... lets see who Walsh hires as a GM and head coach. Mark Jackson and Rick Carlisle (sp) anyone?

Kiyaman

Legend
What have Walsh done for the Pacers?

During the Reggie Miller Era the pacers were a 60% injury team for several seasons, untill the hiring of take no shit Coach Larry Brown. No player on the Pacer roster was going to fake an injury with Larry Brown as coach.
Larry Brown had Walsh sign a walking Dale Davis to make sure Antonio Davis get up and play hard each game, or Larry Brown would humiliate his player in the media. Which made the Indiana Pacers players quietly protest coach Larry Brown off the team after losing to the Knicks in the Eastern Conference Finals. Coach Larry Bird was hired to replace Brown and did a well job making it to the Eastern Conference Finals, untill he quit. That's when Coach Isiah Thomas was hired and the Indiana Pacers lost their Defensive tenacity in their rotation. Walsh traded for the defensive players Ron Artest & Miller to add some defense to the team by giving up Dale Davis, Jalen Rose, and Best. Making the Pacers Owner hire Larry Bird back but as the G.M., but Walsh & Isiah was so busy on spending the offseason on resigning Jermain O'Neal that they let Miller slip away to sign with the Kings. That's, when Larry Bird took over and Fired Isiah for benching Reggie Miller, then traded for offense/defense Point Foward Steven Jackson because Walsh & Isiah picked Fred Jones in the draft over Tayshawn Prince that would've teamed up well alongside of Reggie Miller in his last seasons in the league.
The Detroit Brawl messed-up Larry Bird's roster that was going to the NBA FINALS that season when G.M. Larry Bird went out and got the missing player for his roster that offseason in Steven Jackson to go with J.O'Neal, Artest, Miller, Tinsley, and backup PG-Johnson. Walsh had nothing to do that offseason but talk about retiring.
Those six players had the Eastern Conference whipped in the offseason when people seen the Pacers lineup in the Preseason games. The Detroit Brawl Win over Detroit proved it, plus the Pacers going 7 games with Detroit in the playoffs without Artest & Jackson whom was suspended for the season...

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
The only reason I am happy is because no more Isiah Thomas. The first thing the Walsh should do is trade Jamal Crawford, Zach, EC, and Q. If all possible. Isiah by far is one of the worst GMs in LEAGUE history. Example trading for high contracts, trading FIRST ROUND PICKS FOR a joke Center, signing of Jerome, and Jeffries, making JC a captain, Steve & Marbs conjuction,......... All leading up to a failure. Only cons are drafting okay players at the picks we got.

Walsh's 24-25 year history
17 playoff appearance
3 Central Conference Div. Champs
6 Conference Finals
1 NBA Finals Appearance 2000.

Kiyaman

Legend
Walsh is here to give Isiah a second chance.

Hey, anyone who has read my posts the last few months knows I want Isiah gone altogether.....

BUT as noted by others, it isn't likely that Isiah will be fired completely.

He still has years left on his contract.
He has a good friendship with Dolan.
He has a previous working relationship with Walsh.

These are just reasons that Isiah is likely to be kept around

Donnie Walsh is not a good thing for the Knicks, the Knicks need a President that will come in and replace G.M. Isiah and the entire coaching-staff before training camp. Then work on replacing all the undedicated players that think this offseason is a vacation to them and not show up at the gym every other day with teammates this offseason to work on their defensive effort as a team rather than an individual player trying to stop Lebron, Kobe, KG, Pierce, T.Mac, Duncan, Yao, Amare, Jamison, Redd, Iverson and other players that it take Team Defense to stop.

Walsh is here to give Isiah a second chance, Walsh is being hired as President of Basketball Operations...not GM. So he may have a lot of say in team moves...... will he replace Isiah at G.M. or Head Coach or both.....I doubt it...

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!

Walsh is here to give Isiah a second chance, Walsh is being hired as President of Basketball Operations...not GM. So he may have a lot of say in team moves...... will he replace Isiah at G.M. or Head Coach or both.....I doubt it...

.....President of Basketbal OPERATIONS.. Doesn't that mean the same thing as a gm?.. He has more control then Isiah Thomas at this point. Because Thomas is the current President of BASKETBALL OPERATIONS. Meaning being in control of the team, when the season is over Donnie will have the job of trading.

Last edited:

ANU

Starter
Walsh is here to give Isiah a second chance.

Hey, anyone who has read my posts the last few months knows I want Isiah gone altogether.....

BUT as noted by others, it isn't likely that Isiah will be fired completely.

He still has years left on his contract.
He has a good friendship with Dolan.
He has a previous working relationship with Walsh.

These are just reasons that Isiah is likely to be kept around

Donnie Walsh is not a good thing for the Knicks, the Knicks need a President that will come in and replace G.M. Isiah and the entire coaching-staff before training camp. Then work on replacing all the undedicated players that think this offseason is a vacation to them and not show up at the gym every other day with teammates this offseason to work on their defensive effort as a team rather than an individual player trying to stop Lebron, Kobe, KG, Pierce, T.Mac, Duncan, Yao, Amare, Jamison, Redd, Iverson and other players that it take Team Defense to stop.

dude,stop spreading the voodoo.