what possilble trades do you believe the knicks should make?

ANU

Starter
steph to where for who?
randolf and curry as well?for who and to where do you believe they should make trades to and with?

stevie

Benchwarmer
A while ago I posted a trade the Knicks should make with clevland. I think we saw this trading deadline. clevland was looking to upgrade and spend money to win now with Lebron. After the moves they made I have to change the trade but it still works for us. This is the only team in the NBA that has enough large short term contracts that we could do this with. This puts us in perfect position to be way under the cap for the big free agent year and get some draft pics. Here it is

The Knicks trade

Marbury 1 year 19 million
Z BO 3 year 13.3 million
JAMAl 3 year 7.9 million
J Jefferies 3 year 5.6 million\

Total 46.8 million

Cleveland trades

2 first round draft picks

Wally Z 1 year 12.2 million
Ben Wallace 2 years 15.5 million
Illgauskas 2 years 10.1 million
Eric Snow 1 year 6.7 million

Total 44.7 Million

Why this works

Clevleands new staring team
Marbury
Crawford
Lebron
ZBO
Varejo

Knicks new starting team
(Add the two players we draft this year)

Nate
Snow
Balkman
Lee
Wallace

Cleveland is now the fav. in the east to win and the knicks are in prime position to be well under the cap. when Lebron and co are freeagents and we get two extra draft pics. Yes this team is not that good next year. but we completely turn this team around into a winner in 3-4 years.
<!-- / message -->

GetRealistic

Starter
I just can't resist. I could see Cleveland taking on one of the 3 players. But the Knicks have a better chance of winning 5 straight games then Cleveland taking on all three.

Cleveland has television and reads newspapers they can obviously tell that Zbo, Crawford, and Marbury is a failed experiment.

Its sad to say but the combo of West/Gibson Varejo and Biz Z is far superior then Crawford, Marbury, and Zbo

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Trade for

expiring contracts
draft picks
players with good work ethic
players that can fill our weaknesses
players on the incline, not decline

stevie

Benchwarmer
Trade for

expiring contracts
draft picks

we are getting all expiring contracts. Unfortunately you cannot find contracts that expire this year so you may have to do it for contracts that expire for 2 years. Im still for it.

stevie

Benchwarmer
I just can't resist. I could see Cleveland taking on one of the 3 players. But the Knicks have a better chance of winning 5 straight games then Cleveland taking on all three.

Cleveland has television and reads newspapers they can obviously tell that Zbo, Crawford, and Marbury is a failed experiment.

Its sad to say but the combo of West/Gibson Varejo and Biz Z is far superior then Crawford, Marbury, and Zbo
I think the combo of mar, craw, james, zbo, varajo make cleveland a powerhouse. it puts them as an elite team not only in the east but in the whole league. instead of being third behind boston and detriot. also all of these players contracts expire one year after james. so they are only stuck with them one year after james leaves and they can rebuild quickly.

ANU

Starter
in all honesty.i'd keep steph so his contract comes off the books,and who knows,lebron said he loves the garden.james and mayo.sounds like a samich.i think bron's been making plans.
2819e1f.jpg

uo303.jpg

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Trades

The Knicks are likely to be in a rebuilding mode for the next couple of years. The Knicks owe Utah a first round pick. This, believe it or not, is the result of the acquisition of Marbury from Phoenix. The is fully protected for this year and more than reasonably protected for next year, but it becomes unprotected in 2010. It would be nice to get that pick back.

Kirilenko and Zach Randolph have almost identical contracts. Each runs through 2010/11. Kirilenko's is just slightly higher in each of the next three years. I would prefer Kirilenko to Zach Randolph. I can not imagine what interest Utah might have in Zach, but Kirilenko has had some troubles with Sloan. Perhaps with Zach and someone else we could get Kirilenko and that draft pick back.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Trade for

expiring contracts
draft picks

Ben Gordon
Drew Godden

For Z Bo

Swap our number 3 or so pick for Chicago's 14th

Yes we are helping Chicago improve again with giving up the pick, but this time we help ourselves too!

stevie

Benchwarmer
in all honesty.i'd keep steph so his contract comes off the books,and who knows,lebron said he loves the garden.james and mayo.sounds like a samich.i think bron's been making plans.
2819e1f.jpg

uo303.jpg

Stephs contract coming off the books is a good point. but the truth is if we can package him with someone else for a draft pic and other contracts that come off the books before lebron is a free agent than it suits us better.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Trade Eddy Curry and Mardy Collins for Al Harrington or Mike Miller

buyout Quentin Richardson
buyout Jared Jeffries
Waive Jerome James.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Oops I meant Chicago's 10th or 11th pick, the kid from Uconn or Hibbert should still be available. I would then call up Sac offer them the same package that Isiah said was too much for Ron, which was, Curry, Balkman (hate to see you go!) and Nate (you too) for Ron and maybe get Garcia off of them.

So my two trades combined amount to

C-De Andre Jordan, or Thabeet
PF- D Lee.
SF- Ron
SG- Q
PG- Arroyo-first free agent signing

Bench

Crawford- not as bad at the sixth man spot
Wilson Chandler
Garcia- can play SG and SF in spirts
Mardy- Yahoo sports just named him hottest PG in Fantasy basketball! Still means nothing, but is a nice backup to Arroyo
Diop- 2nd free agent.

Yep I know what you are thinking, this team sucks on offense! and you are right, however they are everything the Knicks are not now, a cheap defensive minded bunch. Will this team win a title together, probably not. But they are good start to winning for us!

stevie

Benchwarmer
Oops I meant Chicago's 10th or 11th pick, the kid from Uconn or Hibbert should still be available. I would then call up Sac offer them the same package that Isiah said was too much for Ron, which was, Curry, Balkman (hate to see you go!) and Nate (you too) for Ron and maybe get Garcia off of them.

So my two trades combined amount to

C-De Andre Jordan, or Thabeet
PF- D Lee.
SF- Ron
SG- Q
PG- Arroyo-first free agent signing

Bench

Crawford- not as bad at the sixth man spot
Wilson Chandler
Garcia- can play SG and SF in spirts
Mardy- Yahoo sports just named him hottest PG in Fantasy basketball! Still means nothing, but is a nice backup to Arroyo
Diop- 2nd free agent.

Yep I know what you are thinking, this team sucks on offense! and you are right, however they are everything the Knicks are not now, a cheap defensive minded bunch. Will this team win a title together, probably not. But they are good start to winning for us!

Ill tell ya what. that works for me. I hear there is a team in new york looking for gm you should apply

ANU

Starter
The Knicks are likely to be in a rebuilding mode for the next couple of years. The Knicks owe Utah a first round pick. This, believe it or not, is the result of the acquisition of Marbury from Phoenix. The is fully protected for this year and more than reasonably protected for next year, but it becomes unprotected in 2010. It would be nice to get that pick back.

Kirilenko and Zach Randolph have almost identical contracts. Each runs through 2010/11. Kirilenko's is just slightly higher in each of the next three years. I would prefer Kirilenko to Zach Randolph. I can not imagine what interest Utah might have in Zach, but Kirilenko has had some troubles with Sloan. Perhaps with Zach and someone else we could get Kirilenko and that draft pick back.
i've always thought about kirilenko as a knick cause of his defense

Ron Artest
and ron who's a free agent,and would probably be a knick at a discount.
Trade Eddy Curry and Mardy Collins for Al Harrington or Mike Miller

buyout Quentin Richardson
buyout Jared Jeffries
Waive Jerome James.
dolan is adept a throwing money away,this would by him some cheers for sure.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Lee Randolph and our #1 to the clippers for Elton Brand and the clippers #1.

Robinson, jefferies, Rose sign and trade to the kings for Artest.

The trade with the Clippers is contingent on the Knicks not getting the 1st or Second pick in the lottery. If so then we'll throw in Rose and pick up a bad contract from the clippers. And the Knicks can pick Derrick Rose with the lottery Pick

Starting 5
Derrick Rose
Steph
Artest
Brand
Curry

Crawford coming off the bench with Balkman and Chandler and whoever else

Last edited:

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
People, haven't we learned from our mistakes? Trading a high salary, over paid player for another high salary, over paid player is just not going to work! We will continue to dig our selves into a whole that, one day, will be too deep to get out of! What has to be done at this point, in my opinion, is wait for some of these contracts to come off the books. If we want a chance to even sniff Labron James, Carmelo Anthony or any other young super star we have to be patient and clear up the cap. The only trade I would make is if we some how can throw in some of our garbage for a change. We will have a good pick this year and I would be more than happy to trade it to a team that is willing to take back one or more of our over priced players along with it. Don't think many teams would, but that is the only move I would make at this time. It is time to stop the madness!!
Last point: If we traded Zach for AK47 or Curry and another player for Jermain O'Neil and then inject them into the line up with remaining over priced slackers..... How does that improve us? I guess if we could trade a 3 year contract for a 3 year contract of equal value; I guess at that point it is a wash and no harm was done. So, I guess taking a step back, if we get back equal contracts and salary then at least it could be chalked up to an experiment that didn't work out. But I do NOT want to see players go out at a certain value and we bring back a higher dollar amount with longer term contracts!!!!!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
What about Agent Zero (Gilbert Arenas)? He is going to test the market this offseason. It would have to be a sign and trade deal (Marbury and someone else). I'm not a huge fan of Arenas, but he is an available super star. A Crawford/Arenas backcourt would be terrible so we would have to trade some other players for more defensive minded role players to play alongside him. It might work. What do you all think?

metrocard

Legend
Arenas isn't a guy I would want here. His defense is terrible and he dominates the ball too much. He's been INJURED all year. I don't understand why people don't take injuries seriously The injure will bring him down a level, and turn him down the decline. All Arenas is a "quick" fix, we've had enough of those with Isiah.

Wizards are still a playoff team without Arenas. Arenas is one of the most overrated players in the league...he'll fall off the Earth like Steve Francis.

ANU

Starter
Arenas isn't a guy I would want here. His defense is terrible and he dominates the ball too much. He's been INJURED all year. I don't understand why people don't take injuries seriously The injure will bring him down a level, and turn him down the decline. All Arenas is a "quick" fix, we've had enough of those with Isiah.

Wizards are still a playoff team without Arenas. Arenas is one of the most overrated players in the league...he'll fall off the Earth like Steve Francis.
i know.i look at the salaries and a get nauseous.