Dolan wants Isiah to stay...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Monday, Mar 31, 2008 7:27 am EDT

West shocked Dolan never called about Knicks job
Getty Images
News of Donnie Walsh's handshake deal with Garden chairman James Dolan to become New York Knicks president came as a shock to Jerry West. West relayed to members of his inner circle that he thought he should have at least received a call from Dolan to discuss the post. As much as it's believed that West would not have come to Gotham to run the Knicks, he still had his friends sending out word after Walsh's agreement that he was game.

"Even though he worked in Memphis, Jerry is a big-market guy," said one long-time Western Conference executive with close ties to West. "He likes working where there's a lot of money, where he can spend what he wants, and who cares about the salary cap and luxury tax."

Apparantly Dolan has not contacted West or Colangelo for the GM position. Just hires Walsh without interviewing anybody else. The Knicks will never be good until Dolan is gone.

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer
I Got my wish!!! How do you all feel about that. It looks like Isiah Thomas is here to stay. This year is fucked up but last year Isiah did his job. NNext year will be the same scenaryo. A couple of trades and like that walsh and isiah will have this team back on track like they had the pacers before walsh hired bird.

Can somente please assasinate Lj4ptplay and Starks.?

you are Isiah Thomas arent you get out of new your piece of shit!

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
I am in the minority and thats cool I don't care. I want Isiah to stay as well. The acquisition of Zach Randolph was what put this season in the shitter. Isiah's first season as coach would have lead the team to the playoffs if not for injuries. He F'd up by trading for Zach, now that he's not going to be making any trades, and hopefully Walsh will find a good trade for Randolph, I believe the knicks can try to pick up from 06-07.

Thomas needs to get rid of all of his assistance and start a new. A defensive minded assistance, an assistant who has a real offensive mindset to call plays that actually seem that they will work, a coach who Zeke can actually count on to give sane advice. The crop that he has now, can not do any of this, sorry Herb, you fall in that line as well.

I also believe that he should have a short string, if by X-Mas, the Knicks are not a solid top 7 team in the East, then his job should be taken away from him and bring on the next man for the job. But either way, I want Isiah back

clumsy

Rotation player
lilman, i can accept that if you state that you are extremely biased to Isiah just like MSG is biased to Stephon.

If we look at a body of work however....

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't let isiah sell popcorn at MSG! And I'm very optimistic about the new media olicy being worked on. Maybe we can have asskisskers like like Gus Johnson be sent somehwere else like the hot dog stand. The guy has to be one of the worst broadcaster's alive. Is it me or does he get all giddy and retarded towards the end of close games??? He makes New Yorkers look stupid.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
I agree, there is no rational is me wanting Isiah to stay on as Coach. None whatsoever. Just a gut instinct that he would do a better job. There is no analysis that can be made, or great point or anything along those lines. Like I said just a gut feeling and just a personal choice

dre48ny

Rotation player
Let's wait until the offseason too see what kind of hope we will have. We don't know our draft pick yet, Marbury will be back for his last season, and let's see Walsh's first move. Can he find someone to take Zbo or Curry?
After this, if Isaiah sucks 30 games into the season, he has to legitimately go! At this point it will be unanimous that he has to go elsewhere or simply be a scout.

Kiyaman

Legend
Isiah plans for this Knick team dont work!

The "Charlie Ward & Allan Houston" backcourt tandem still outshine and outplayed any and all of the backcourt tandems that Isiah Thomas put together in his 5 seasons with the Knicks.

It is the same with the "Ward, Houston, and KVH" starting trio.
And no matter how many different Big frontcourt lineups that Isiah put together none can even come close to compare to what "Mutombo, Kurt Thomas, and Mcdyess" put out on the court.

Out of all the different players that Isiah Thomas brought to the Knicks within the last 5 seasons to end up with the best out of all of them with "Marbury, Crawford, Q.Rich, Zach, and Curry.
Well, the Layden lineup mentioned above would've swept them in a seven game series with Mutombo waving his finger bigtime for the most blocks ever made in a series.

Kiyaman

Legend
The only thing that I can not put on Isiah Thomas was the hiring of HOF coach Larry Brown, that was "Mills & Dolan's" personal doing ($50 million for 5 years).
Isiah gave the Head Coaching job to Herb Williams who did a great job with minimizing Marbury & Crawford minutes of playingtime after the departure of HOF coach Lenny Wilkins.
Isiah screwed himself and the team thourougly in and out with the Kurt Thomas for Q.Richardson trade (I luv Nate Robinson, but not for the cost of what Kurt Thomas brings to the team he could've trained Jerome James and Rookies Frye & Lee into becoming a force during practice and in a game. Big Sweetney looked good playing alongside of Kurt Thomas whom told him his position downlow on bothsides of the court to get offense & defense rebounds.).

Keeping Herb Williams as Head Coach with Ewing asking to be his assistant coach would've been great. Then the trade for Curry would've made alot more sense with three Bigmen coaches Herb, Ewing, and Aquire.

Keeping Kurt Thomas to play both positions PF and Center to give the three young frontcourt players Ariza, Lee, and Frye the formular to playing both sides of the court well would've been a big boost for the Knicks frontcourt future.

The Marbury & Crawford theory would not have been a factor if Paul Pierce was the SF. Because Pierce would have gotten rid of one of them if not both, the same way he got rid of his longtime friend Ricky Davis.
If the PG & SG do not want to work together to form a deadly two-head-offense or a two-head-defense, then one should stick to defense while the other stick to offense. Marbury & Crawford did none of the above within 4 seasons together. So both are "Uncoachable-Guards"...

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The only thing that I can not put on Isiah Thomas was the hiring of HOF coach Larry Brown, that was "Mills & Dolan's" personal doing ($50 million for 5 years).
Isiah gave the Head Coaching job to Herb Williams who did a great job with minimizing Marbury & Crawford minutes of playingtime after the departure of HOF coach Lenny Wilkins.
Isiah screwed himself and the team thourougly in and out with the Kurt Thomas for Q.Richardson trade (I luv Nate Robinson, but not for the cost of what Kurt Thomas brings to the team he could've trained Jerome James and Rookies Frye & Lee into becoming a force during practice and in a game. Big Sweetney looked good playing alongside of Kurt Thomas whom told him his position downlow on bothsides of the court to get offense & defense rebounds.).

Keeping Herb Williams as Head Coach with Ewing asking to be his assistant coach would've been great. Then the trade for Curry would've made alot more sense with three Bigmen coaches Herb, Ewing, and Aquire.

Keeping Kurt Thomas to play both positions PF and Center to give the three young frontcourt players Ariza, Lee, and Frye the formular to playing both sides of the court well would've been a big boost for the Knicks frontcourt future.

The Marbury & Crawford theory would not have been a factor if Paul Pierce was the SF. Because Pierce would have gotten rid of one of them if not both, the same way he got rid of his longtime friend Ricky Davis.
If the PG & SG do not want to work together to form a deadly two-head-offense or a two-head-defense, then one should stick to defense while the other stick to offense. Marbury & Crawford did none of the above within 4 seasons together. So both are "Uncoachable-Guards"...

I think the blame for the failure of the Marbury & Crawford backcourt tandem has to go to Crawford. History tells us that Craword has never been a winner. Marbury actually has played on a .500 team before and even played 18 playoff games. Crawford has never made it to the playoffs. The ultimate blame goes to Isiah for assembling this whole mess.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Revisionist history is a motherfucka. I will always say that Isiah Fucked up by trying to listening to WFAN and thinking that NY wouldn't take on a rebuilding project. He started down that road, and it was a steep slope and he couldn't slow up. So it is of course no surprise to me that it ended the way it did.

With that said, when people bring up Crawford non winning anywhere, C'mon now, he came in the league playing for the fucking Bulls... He wasn't even a starter, he was a reserve. THe year he did start, they relieved their head coach, traded two of their best player(Jalen Rose and Donyell Marshell) and that was also the year they lost Jay WIlliams with the accident. So How exactly was he suppose to be a winner?? And then he came to the Knicks.
You can criticize Crawford on his shots and turnovers and what not, but to bring up the "not a winner" is fucking stupid.