Finally- News Conference on Wednesday

Starks

Starter
Announcing Donnie.

Knowing the Knicks, Dolan will not take any questions and Thomas will still smile and not think his job is being taken away

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Thomas will be coaching the Knicks next season. Something Knick fans are going to have to cope with. i think he'll be on a short leech. I think candidates will be told to wait by their phones once the season starts, but I bellieve Zeke will get one more chance to pass or fail as a Knick

Kiyaman

Legend
Incomming Walsh and Jermain O'Neal contract.
Outgoing youngplayers and future draft picks.
Isiah remain a coach or G.M..

Starks

Starter
This organization is such a f%#in circus.

Does anyone know if there is a way I can watch the conference from work? It will be at 1pm this afternoon

Incomming Walsh and Jermain O'Neal contract.
Outgoing youngplayers and future draft picks.
Isiah remain a coach or G.M..

:barf:

God I hope your wrong about the part on what we'd be giving up! I wouldn't mind a Z-Bo for O'neal swap though maby throw in a little Balkman or Collins to make it sweeter?

:crossfingers:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Apparently Dolan didn't interview anybody else for the job. Not Jerry Colangelo, not Jerry West, just Donnie Walsh. Donnie is a well respected GM in the NBA and had great success with the Pacers in the 90's but hasn't done anything of any significance in over 10 years. Donnie Walsh will be an improvement over Isiah, but anything is an improvement, and I just don't have faith in the Knicks as long as Dolan is running the show. Dolan still wants Isiah to be the coach.

Blumatic

Rotation player

Does anyone know if there is a way I can watch the conference from work? It will be at 1pm this afternoon

You can listen to it at work: 1050espnradio.com

Click on "listen live" link.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Would have loved Collangelo, but it is what it is. Let's give walsh a shot at this point. This is better than doing nothing. Isaiah will coach one more year and if he does not improve he will be fired by the upcoming mid-season.
I really do not want Jermaine O' Neal. He is too banged up at this point. Although if the Pacers take back Eddy Curry, Q-Rich, Jared Jefferies I would not mind. Let O'Neal play some center.

wfan I'm sure will be carrying it as well

www.wfan.com

mike and the mad dog will be interviewing walsh in the 5 o'clock hour

What's the point of having this press conference if you're not allowed to ask about the future of Isiah Thomas? That's the one question everyone wants to ask. This organization is a joke.

Starks

Starter
wfan I'm sure will be carrying it as well

www.wfan.com

mike and the mad dog will be interviewing walsh in the 5 o'clock hour

What's the point of having this press conference if you're not allowed to ask about the future of Isiah Thomas? That's the one question everyone wants to ask. This organization is a joke.

Mike and Mad dog never talk about the Knicks. And they choose not to because they understand the Knicks don't deserve coverage. As a Mets fan I don't like them, but i do respect their "keep the knicks in the dark" strategy.

I gotta say the one thing I am most excited to hear is that Walsh will be implenenting an enitre new media policy! That's a great start. He is a media freindly guy and will have ALOTTTTTTTTT of questions to answer from the media who have been kept in a prison during these past years.

I like where this is going. Maybe Dolan finally decided to sit back and let someone who knows what there doing control this team

Mike and Mad dog never talk about the Knicks. And they choose not to because they understand the Knicks don't deserve coverage. As a Mets fan I don't like them, but i do respect their "keep the knicks in the dark" strategy.

I gotta say the one thing I am most excited to hear is that Walsh will be implenenting an enitre new media policy! That's a great start. He is a media freindly guy and will have ALOTTTTTTTTT of questions to answer from the media who have been kept in a prison during these past years.

I like where this is going. Maybe Dolan finally decided to sit back and let someone who knows what there doing control this team

Say what you what about Mike and Chris but one thing's for sure they will ask Donnie Walsh the tough questions and grill him on everything. That interview will be a must listen.

1 reason

Would have loved Collangelo, but it is what it is. Let's give walsh a shot at this point. This is better than doing nothing. Isaiah will coach one more year and if he does not improve he will be fired by the upcoming mid-season.
I really do not want Jermaine O' Neal. He is too banged up at this point. Although if the Pacers take back Eddy Curry, Q-Rich, Jared Jefferies I would not mind. Let O'Neal play some center.

There's only one reason I would like to see Jermaine O'neal on the knicks next year... large short conrtact! Let's get rid of whatever junk we can!

:peace: !!! :agreed:???

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Looks like the conference is a little bit late....... I guess Isiah is staying as coach. I disagree with Walsh, Isiah had no skill.

Last edited:

Starks

Starter
I like what I saw.

A. A new media policy to open communication lines
B. Isolated talks with every player. (Not like what Thomas did and come in and just go NBA 2K on the team)
C. Calls. Calls. Calls. Calls! Calls to GMs around the league to see what players have value left in them. And calls to people he wants in the front office.

However, if Thomas returns on the bench or as GM, I will lose all respect for Donnie. Send him to Europe and scout players out there...basically just sweep Thomas under a rug and keep him away from fans and the media.

I still think LeBron is going to Brooklyn, but that summer's FA class has TONS of names including Deron Williams, Dirk Nowitzki, Chris Bosh, ect.

dre48ny

Rotation player
I know he's boys wit Jay-Z, but maybe he would love the challenge of bringing a storied franchise, who plays in the mecca of basketball to the top!

He would definitely look great as a Knick and he luvs the garden!!

Gotta have hope!! The Knicks have to free up the cap space first for them to even have a chance.

Other teams will also have the money to sign him, so we just have to sit back and wait to see what happens.:afro:

I thought Walsh did a real good job with his press conference even *gasp* talking about getting under the cap. Now he has to back it up by removing Isiah as coach at the end of the year.