Artest is never going to happen

pat

Starter
Thats wrong to downplay the seriousness of artests daughters kidney cancer by sayin only one kidney. Every player has there haters so no matter what theres goin to be different opinions. Do you remember the kobe bryant talk from before the season? There was some of us who didnt want him. Including myself i have seen a couple people on here criticize dwayne wade.

No man, it makes things actually worse! If she had to kidneys they could take one out!

As far as the haters are concerned: Duncan and Steve Nash have remarkably littel, or Lebron.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
No man, it makes things actually worse! If she had to kidneys they could take one out!

As far as the haters are concerned: Duncan and Steve Nash have remarkably littel, or Lebron.

my bad, i misinterpreted you. I dont like Lebron but as player its hard to criticize him. Same goes for Duncan, KG, and chris paul.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
I am sick and tired of people bringing up Thugs and all that other shit when talking about knick players and in this instance artest. He's not a Thug. He may have had some headcase issues when he was younger, but not a thug, c'mon now. And who on the Knicks roster now you know is fuckin bangin in da streets?? c'mon now, stop with the personal attacks on these men, when you obviously don't know what you are talking about. You sound like these idiot reporters on tv when they talk about stuff they don't know.

Artest came into Indiana and the pacers became one of the best teams in the NBA period. with all the headcase issues, he was still able to make that team better than it was previously. And you can call him a detractor or a virus or whatever you want, the fact of the matter is, when nearly his ENTIRE team has your back in a fight, even though the situation is fucked up, but it shows unity. It shows that for a biblical term, They are their brothers keeper. Remember it was Stephen Jackson Jermain O'neil (two of the bigger stars of that team) who went out on a limb for Artest. Now I bring that point up not to distinguish him for fighting or to glorify his role in the fight, but as a point that this Knick team would need somebody like that. THis team has no FIRE, no BackBone, they are pussies, they don't even have respect for themselves. If you don't see how a player like Artest can change that fact you are blind.

Artest came into Sacremento, when that team had fallen from grace. The team that should have been to at least 2 NBA Finals were just a shell of their former selves, they were slipping in the West and going to shit. Then Artest arrived mid season and turned the entire team around and took them to the playoffs. Make no mistake that it was artest who was responsible for that surge.

The Knicks need a player like Artest, period! There is no logical reason a team that has no semblence of perimeter defense, heart, motivation, or love for the game, would not want a player who has all these traits. NONE.

As far as buying out Marbury, WHY? One he can still play, 2. that expiring Contract can be used to get someone worthwhile, like the Lakers did to get Pau Gasol. Just letting him go, just because is crazy. This season, I am going to say was a fucked up for Marbury, from pre-season he wasn't the same marbs as we saw in the 06-07 season. (That's why you don't let Jesus in your life until AFTER you retire lol) anyway things continued and the season was a waste. I still believe he has a signigicant role to play in the Knicks upcoming season. whether it be with his play on the court, or b4 the trade deadline . The knicks would be foolish to buy him out.,

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I am sick and tired of people bringing up Thugs and all that other shit when talking about knick players and in this instance artest. He's not a Thug. He may have had some headcase issues when he was younger, but not a thug, c'mon now. And who on the Knicks roster now you know is fuckin bangin in da streets?? c'mon now, stop with the personal attacks on these men, when you obviously don't know what you are talking about. You sound like these idiot reporters on tv when they talk about stuff they don't know.

Artest came into Indiana and the pacers became one of the best teams in the NBA period. with all the headcase issues, he was still able to make that team better than it was previously. And you can call him a detractor or a virus or whatever you want, the fact of the matter is, when nearly his ENTIRE team has your back in a fight, even though the situation is fucked up, but it shows unity. It shows that for a biblical term, They are their brothers keeper. Remember it was Stephen Jackson Jermain O'neil (two of the bigger stars of that team) who went out on a limb for Artest. Now I bring that point up not to distinguish him for fighting or to glorify his role in the fight, but as a point that this Knick team would need somebody like that. THis team has no FIRE, no BackBone, they are pussies, they don't even have respect for themselves. If you don't see how a player like Artest can change that fact you are blind.

Artest came into Sacremento, when that team had fallen from grace. The team that should have been to at least 2 NBA Finals were just a shell of their former selves, they were slipping in the West and going to shit. Then Artest arrived mid season and turned the entire team around and took them to the playoffs. Make no mistake that it was artest who was responsible for that surge.

The Knicks need a player like Artest, period! There is no logical reason a team that has no semblence of perimeter defense, heart, motivation, or love for the game, would not want a player who has all these traits. NONE.

As far as buying out Marbury, WHY? One he can still play, 2. that expiring Contract can be used to get someone worthwhile, like the Lakers did to get Pau Gasol. Just letting him go, just because is crazy. This season, I am going to say was a fucked up for Marbury, from pre-season he wasn't the same marbs as we saw in the 06-07 season. (That's why you don't let Jesus in your life until AFTER you retire lol) anyway things continued and the season was a waste. I still believe he has a signigicant role to play in the Knicks upcoming season. whether it be with his play on the court, or b4 the trade deadline . The knicks would be foolish to buy him out.,

The season was f*cked up for Marbury but i dont think it has anything to do with him lettin jesus into his life. It was the lives of 3 people he was close to including his father, and his asshole coach isiah thomas.

Great post lilman bklyn, one of the best jobs Ive seen of defendin Artest. You made a good point about how his teammates backed him up in the Pistons Pacers brawl. F*ck anyone whoever called him a thug for what he did, he was just defendin himself. If i had people throwin stuff at me no matter what the situation is theres only so much i can take of that. Maybe Artest was a thug growin up in Queens but in the NBA hes far from being a thug. People dont even know the real definition of a thug. F*ck every analyst and pussy fan who uses the word. There is no way were gettin Artest now that Donnie Walsh is the gm but to all the haters you already know what you can do. And again, great job lilman bklyn.

stevie

Benchwarmer
I can't believe what I am reading. Artest was defending himself. What Artest did was the biggest b#%ch move eva. The truth is three second before he went it to the stands he was Yolked by Ben Wallace who chucked him so far he almost fell over a scorers table. Instead of going after Wallace because he knew he would have caught a beating. He went after an easy target some idiot in the stands who hit him with a beer.

Kiyaman

Legend
Where was Ron Artest declared a headache case?
not in St. Johns college.
not on the Chicago Bulls or the Sacremento Kings.
It was Walsh & Isiah Indiana Pacers.
Those whom want to refute this, need to recall the kicking of the monitor in MSG, thanks to Isiah Thomas poor coaching of the Pacers that game inwhich let PG-Ward, SG-Houston, SF-Sprewell, and C-Kurt Thomas completely take control of the 2nd half of that Knick vs Pacer game at MSG for a Knick Win.
After that Pacers loss Ron Artest demanded or forced a change in Isiah Thomas poor coaching style by going back to his Point-Foward style in St. Johns transition game alongside of C-Brad Miller on defense which forced Jermain O'Neal to join into their defensive transition game. Artest took over the PG duties (like Lebron) everytime he or Brad Miller grabbed a defensive rebound, blocked a shot, or stole the ball, Artest would get the ball and start a fastbreak with Brad Miller.
Ron Artest became the Pacers playmaker, Leader, and creative offense/defense player. That is how Ron Artest became an "All-Star" player and the winner of the "Defensive Player of the Year".
Artest little shove or slap to Ben Wallace after sealing the win for the Pacers in the Detroit Brawl, was nothing more than a fake punch saying I'm going to Win the Defensive Player of the year this season too (from the player whom won it two seasons in a row). Ben Wallace response trickered the angry Detroit Fan over the loss to throw his beer on the Player of the game.

The NJ Nets Coach Byron Scott proved in two straight seasons just how poor the Pacers Coach Isiah Thomas coaching was in both playoff series by only letting Isiah win two games in two seasons. So the Firing of Walsh Pacers coach Isiah Thomas for a post season coach Rick Carlilise was a very wise move by Larry Bird.
Walsh not resigning Brad Miller was a very dum move.
Walsh telling the Press that Artest asked for some time off during the regular season to produce his Rap record was another dum move.

So Knick-Fans, please be aware of "Donnie Walsh" he has yet to show any luv for N.Y. (He and Isiah are all Indiana).
Donnie Walsh best teams while running the Indiana Pacers had New York product players as Starters "Mark Jackson" and "Ron Artest".
The Jordan Bulls had to stick Pippin on Mark Jackson throughout an entire post season series so the Bulls would be able to Win.
Walsh let coach Larry Brown criticize and embarrased Mark Jackson to the media the entire season. That is why Mark Jackson refuse to resign with the Pacers and came back to the Knicks to retire.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I can't believe what I am reading. Artest was defending himself. What Artest did was the biggest b#%ch move eva. The truth is three second before he went it to the stands he was Yolked by Ben Wallace who chucked him so far he almost fell over a scorers table. Instead of going after Wallace because he knew he would have caught a beating. He went after an easy target some idiot in the stands who hit him with a beer.

Your the biggest bitch ass P*ssy on knicksonline. Your explanation of what happened is way off and it clearly shows you have a personal hatred towards ron artest. Ben Wallace pushed Artest's face and he still didnt fall down. Most players would have, that shove was harder then the punch mardy took from Carmello.

That foul wasnt even that bad, Ben Wallace started the whole fight and Artest gets suspended the whole season? F*ck David Stern and anyone who agrees with the length of Artests suspension. Artest tried to get at Ben Wallace but he was held back. He was tryin to avoid makin things worse by laying on the scorers table, his way of tryin to calm himself down until he was hit by the beer.

I still dont blame Artest for reactin the way he did, he was already pissed. Unless your a pussy you know its very tough to control yourself when your already pissed and someone does sumthin else to you. Ben Wallace woulda gotten snuffed, dont f*ck with artest. Props to Jermaine oneal, stephen jackson, and all the other pacer teammates who stuck up for each other. Thats what a real teams about, playing together and defendin each other. Who knows how far the pacers woulda gone had this never happened. I liked that team alot, obviously not as much as the Knicks but they were probally my 2nd favorite team and i was upset to see them split up.

This is for anyone else whos like Stevie and forgot how the pistons pacers brawl went down:

metrocard

Legend
Artest's 2nd sport is boxing.

Artest is has more weight, and is the same height as Wallace.

Artest would basically kill Ben Wallace one on one on a fight. Only homo thugs think Wallace is Kimbo status.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Artest's 2nd sport is boxing.

Artest is has more weight, and is the same height as Wallace.

Artest would basically kill Ben Wallace one on one on a fight. Only homo thugs think Wallace is Kimbo status.

Not too many can F*ck with Artest. Stevie Urkel is a pusssy and a homo thug.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
The very fact that people are defending a man that ran into the stands to beat up some asshole that threw a beer and further defending the teamates that thought it was a good idea to back him up on that says everything that needs to be said about the perspective on this message board.

Seriously, in an ideal world that fan deserved a good beat down.

However in the real world of professional sports the behavior demontrated by Artest and his teamates was the lowest form of behavior possible by a professional athlete. The court is NOT the STREETS where people are judged by being tougher, not taking shit, and gaining respect that way etc...

It's the exact opposite.

You gain respect by walking away and not getting a technical foul that costs you a close game.

You gain respect by not fighting, not getting suspended, and not blowing your whole season when you might have the best team.

You allow the NBA, referees, police etc... to handle matters like these depending on the circumstances.

People use the word thug. If that's not appropriate, so be it. What they are trying to say is that there is a way real professional athletes behave and there is way tough guys behave. You want tough guys on your team when you are out on the streets. You don't want them on an NBA team. That doesn't mean you allow people to push you around and turn into a pussy etc.... It means you play tough but according to the rules.