Would you say that tanking games is the best move of the IT era?

New New York

Quiet Storm
Think about it, this may be Isiah's best move ever. I mean even if we don't land a top 3 pick, what difference does it make the season was lost, and if do get it then we can say it went for something. Regardless of the outcome this move and him saving Walt Clyde Frazier's job are the only two non-arguable moves Isiah has ever made!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks don't need to tank the rest of the season. They are tied for the 4th worst record in the NBA. Even if the Knicks were to win all the games left in the season, they'll still be guaranteed a top 8 pick. The Knicks are pretty much locked in for a high lottery pick. There's no way they won't have an oportunity to draft either Michael Beasley, Derrick Rose, Brook Lopez,
OJ Mayo, Hasheem Thabeet, Anthony Randolph, or D.J. Augustin. The only question is if Donnie Walsh will take the Isiah approach to things and trade the pick.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I wish isiah played the young players (mainly chandler) earlier in the season. We were clearly going nohwere by the beginning of December.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
The Knicks don't need to tank the rest of the season. They are tied for the 4th worst record in the NBA. Even if the Knicks were to win all the games left in the season, they'll still be guaranteed a top 8 pick. The Knicks are pretty much locked in for a high lottery pick. There's no way they won't have an oportunity to draft either Michael Beasley, Derrick Rose, Brook Lopez,
OJ Mayo, Hasheem Thabeet, Anthony Randolph, or D.J. Augustin. The only question is if Donnie Walsh will take the Isiah approach to things and trade the pick.

lol lets hope walsh isnt dat stupid

Pricey

Rotation player
I just love the fact as soon as he realised we werent going to be in the playoffs he starts benching players or not playing them and then we suddenly become more competitive or we are in a strong position to win and then he will drag those players to bench and then we get blown out.
Perhaps giving more game time to players like Chandler earlier in the year could have been a positive move, now Isiah is nothing more then unemployed very soon.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
So much for that huh? We beat the Magic, and the Pistons to elite teams. If the knicks know a draft pick will help them, and Walsh is in a dilema of either keeping Isiah or not, and the players make such an effort and win. The Knicks were up by like 20 in the 4th quarter..

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
man i doubt there doing it for isiah...i mean why would they want worst record in knicks history...there just doing it not 2 look so bad...for isiah...maybe crawford? lolz

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Why would any team want the worst record? Nobody wants the embarrassment but at this point, you are hurting your future by winning. Every other team that is in a similar situation as the Knicks are tanking games. Isiah could sit out Zach Randolph and Crawford for the whole game.

Starks

Starter
Here's the real reason why they are winning games all of a sudden:

-Nobody at MSG wants this team to have a worse record then Larry Brown

-Walsh is watching how these players finish the season. He is quoted before as someone who wants players who play with heart, and these final games can tell alot about where a player's head is at.

Players are all auditioning out there. It's like one big basketball tryout and the are playing hard so teams will take a chance on them.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
If Walsh truly has autonomy in running this team then it shouldn't matter what everyone at MSG thinks. He should only be focused on improving the team. If Walsh is basing his judgment in the last few games where most of the teams the Knicks will face will be either tanking games or relaxing their key players for the playoffs, then Walsh is not as great of a basketball mind as I hear. Walsh should already have a general idea of this organization already.

The same goes for the other teams. They can't be that stupid to consider evaluating these players on the last few games of the season. At least Jeromes James did well in the playoffs where it counted before he was offered that crazy contract.

clumsy

Rotation player
i don't think this team is tanking. I think all of our starters suck. Our coach might be a great basketball player, but sure doesn't know how to coach it.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
and the teams that do not win the lottery are going to be pushed down. The knicks have the 6-7th worse record. If they don't end up with one of the top 3 spots, they could fall all the way down to the 10th spot. It's always better to have a worse record. It increases your chances of getting a top 3 pick and secures that you don't fall too low. I'd take the 5th pick over the 10th pick any day.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I'd take the 5th pick over the 10th pick any day.

...hmm. depending on how you make your selection with the player. I mean really look at Nash, he is in the middle of the lottery when he got drafted. Or 1st pick Bogut over CP3, or Deron!!! in 05. By the way Bynum was the 10th pick in that draft class. Kobe, Nash. in the middle of the lottery! 1-30 that is.

Gilbert Arenas, Boozer. 2nd round picks. You never know in the lottery when you will find a gem.

but I agree we need to have a worse record to get the 1st pick. If a team is the worst in the NBA. The worst pick they can get is 4th, best of course is 1st.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Of course, you can get a great player at a higher pick but you want a lower pick to increase your odds of getting that great player.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Of course, you can get a great player at a higher pick but you want a lower pick to increase your odds of getting that great player.

Right on! We could go on and on and recall instances when the worst team didn't get at least a top3 pick or talk about current Allstars and how they were drafted lower than top3 or even top10 picks or how some top3 picks were busts. Of course there will always be those instances in this draft system's rich history. However percentages are percentages. And they DO matter a lot. It gives us more security in drafting a top prospect. If the Knicks end up drafting a 7th pick and 2 to 3 years from now becomes an allstar and outplays his other draft class, then yahoo, but until then why not up your chances for a top pick while you have the chance? Heck this season's the worst anyway. Would you want Knicks fans to have another abysmal season next year? Of course not, so let's do everything we can to boost our chances for at least a top2 pick. I'd go for Derrick Rose.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Here's a thought. Would you guys package David Lee, Nate Robinson, and Wilson Chandler with some bad contracts to free up cap space? I think I would.

If you're talking bout getting rid of all three of them then not a chance. You'd be salvaging some good young talents you already have available all for the sake of cap space? If it were just one em with a couple other guys then maybe but all 3 of them hell naw.