Walsh Coach Plan.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Walsh is looking to add Patrick Ewing to the coaching staff at the end of the season. Mark Jacksons chance of becoming the head coach have risen, and Isiahs days with the New York Knicks are likely to set away.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nba/knicks/rumors.html

Now the only thing the Knicks need is to hang to those expiring contracts next year and they will be fine. Malik Rose, and Stephon Marbury. APPROX. 29 million in cap relief... Walsh is also pressuring on the 2010 free agency. Will he keep or trade the Knicks first round pick?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
This is the 1st indication that Isiah mite not be back next year. In the other interviews at least to me it sounded like Isiah was gonna be gone, unless they keep him as a scout or sumthin. I dont only want him fired, i want him dead.

Big C

Benchwarmer
Actually that article is from the Daily News today. It really is just the writer's opinion that Ewing would be a good fit. I think the ideal situation would be Mark Jackson being head coach.

I think Isiah Thomas would be the ideal coach for the Knicks. He's smart, talented, and heaven sent. I couldn't think of a better head coach. Another Walsh-Thomas combination would lead the Knicks to a legacy. Look at what they accomplished in Indiana. That could be us, only better!

Kiyaman

Legend
Ewing is a must for Knicks Frontcourt

There is not a Knick-Fan a thousand miles from MSG that would'nt except Mark Jackson & Ewing as the two top heads running the Knicks coaching-staff next season.

Should Walsh give Herb Williams a shot at being the Head-Coach next season?
I would'nt do it untill he been an assistant coach on a team that made it to the second round of the playoffs for two straight seasons. He hav'nt showed any coach to player relationship in any of his tours as assistant coach with the Knicks last 4 coaches Isiah, Brown, Wilkins, and Chaney.

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
yo that will be my dream look patrick will show lee and curry how to play and mark will teach nate and the other young players how to play with their heads man and if we still have zach i hope patrick and mark shows him how to be a team player

I think Isiah Thomas would be the ideal coach for the Knicks. He's smart, talented, and heaven sent. I couldn't think of a better head coach. Another Walsh-Thomas combination would lead the Knicks to a legacy. Look at what they accomplished in Indiana. That could be us, only better!
Isiah has FUCKED UP everywhere!! He destoyed the CBA, the Knicks, the Pacers, and your mind!!!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Head Coach: Rick Carlisle
Assistant: Mark Jackson
Assistant: Patrick Ewing
Draft: Derrrick Rose
Trade: Zach Randolph

My dream list of things to happen this offseason.

GetRealistic

Starter
Head Coach: Rick Carlisle
Assistant: Mark Jackson
Assistant: Patrick Ewing
Draft: Derrrick Rose
Trade: Zach Randolph

My dream list of things to happen this offseason.

I could sign off on that wishlist right now. Add in a buyout of Marbury and were really talking a great offseason.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I could sign off on that wishlist right now. Add in a buyout of Marbury and were really talking a great offseason.

At this point, I could care less about what happens with Marbury. If we buy him out, then great. If we trade him, we better get something really good in return. If he stays I just hope he doesn't cause any problems in the locker room or with the new coach (he has a habit of doing that) or negatively influence our draft pick (if we get Derrick Rose).

New New York

Quiet Storm
Walsh is looking to add Patrick Ewing to the coaching staff at the end of the season. Mark Jacksons chance of becoming the head coach have risen, and Isiahs days with the New York Knicks are likely to set away.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nba/knicks/rumors.html

Now the only thing the Knicks need is to hang to those expiring contracts next year and they will be fine. Malik Rose, and Stephon Marbury. APPROX. 29 million in cap relief... Walsh is also pressuring on the 2010 free agency. Will he keep or trade the Knicks first round pick?

Trade the pick only if we can dump Randolph's contract in that trade, I would prefer a swap trade pick in that scenerio as well, but I could live without one. But right now dumping a long term contract like Randolph and not taking back a equal or worst contract is the equal to a top 3 pick.

I like Mark Jackson a lot, but Herb deserves a lot more respect than he is getting. Herb has seen Cheaney, Wilkens, Larry Brown, and Isiah come and go, and Isiah claimed that he was about to hire him as coach before Larry Brown was hired. So how can we give a first time head coach a shot at The Knicks before Herb? Given that we are going to be in a rebuilding phase for the next three years atleast, there are no expectations on this team to win, so Herb will have no pressure. Plus he can bring Patrick back to NY quicker than anyone.

I personally would like to see Larry Brown back. I know as long as Dolan is here there is no chance that will happen.

Kiyaman

Legend
Trade the pick only if we can dump Randolph's contract in that trade, I would prefer a swap trade pick in that scenerio as well, but I could live without one. But right now dumping a long term contract like Randolph and not taking back a equal or worst contract is the equal to a top 3 pick.

I like Mark Jackson a lot, but Herb deserves a lot more respect than he is getting. Herb has seen Cheaney, Wilkens, Larry Brown, and Isiah come and go, and Isiah claimed that he was about to hire him as coach before Larry Brown was hired. So how can we give a first time head coach a shot at The Knicks before Herb? Given that we are going to be in a rebuilding phase for the next three years atleast, there are no expectations on this team to win, so Herb will have no pressure. Plus he can bring Patrick back to NY quicker than anyone.

I personally would like to see Larry Brown back. I know as long as Dolan is here there is no chance that will happen.

I too agree if the Knicks get the 4th, 5th, or 6th draft pick I would trade it along with Zach Randolph contract for Jermain O'neal and Indiana Pick.

I once wanted Herb Williams as the Knicks Head Coach but he been doing such a poor job as the Knicks top assistant coach the last 3 years that I would demote Herb and Hire Ewing to be the top assistant coach.
And Hire Mark Jackson as the Head Coach of the Knicks in favor of guiding Nate & Collins improvement of leading this team over offensive role players Marbury & Crawford whom has failed consistently at being this teams playmakers.

The Knicks defense has been so bad in the last 4 seasons that I would also hire commentator Walt Clyde Frazier as the teams defensive-coach for two years to bring back the defensive stability this team lost after the hiring of Isiah Thomas soft no defensive players Norris, Marbury, Penny, Tim Thomas, Baker, Mo Taylor, Curry, Jalen, Francis, and Zach. That's ten players that were traded to Isiah because of their lack of defense on their previous teams.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Yeah, Mark Jackson would be a good fit. Yeah he was a PG like Isaih, but he played for our team; and it would make a difference. He is a very smart commentator and understands the game. He knows what Knicks basketball is all about since he was part of our good days.

Ewing would be a great addition, he helped Yao big time!

This might be the year that we shock the world again and land the # 1 pick in the draft!

Derrick Rose, if we get the first pick.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I don't think there is a coach in the world that would be worse that Isiah at this point. Marc Jackson wasn't a scoring shoot first point guard, he was a pass first playmaker. He has the make up of a leader and if all fails, all he has to do is look at Isiah. Isiah Thomas is a living blueprint on what NOT to do. Regardless if it's Jackson, Herb Williams or Rick Carlisle we'll be in a no lose situation as far as the coaching position.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I don't think there is a coach in the world that would be worse that Isiah at this point. Marc Jackson wasn't a scoring shoot first point guard, he was a pass first playmaker. He has the make up of a leader and if all fails, all he has to do is look at Isiah. Isiah Thomas is a living blueprint on what NOT to do. Regardless if it's Jackson, Herb Williams or Rick Carlisle we'll be in a no lose situation as far as the coaching position.

Now that you have changed your sig i will pay more attention to your posts now. Mark Jackson always took great care of himself as a player, i think he would make a good head coach and same goes for the others you listed. As long as its not Isiah or any X-celtics im happy. I like the idea of having Ewing, Jackson, and Herb williams on the coaching staff. Lets go with x-knicks, how about we give the Oak man a call too?

Blas

Benchwarmer
I'm all for getting rid of zach if we need to use our draft pick to entice teams. We have a PF to take his place.

I do not think our number one problem is defense. Our number one problem is team work / chemistry. I would want a coach that can solve that with the roster we have. I have no idea if Marc Jackson is the man to do this. Can we afford to take a risk? Then again, I am not sure if there is a coach available to get our current roster to play together. Maybe it is worth giving Marc a chance.

ex-knicks

you're right we should call the oakman and hire him to teach our guys toughness and that it's ok to throw their man to the ground and deliver a few elbows now and again!

clumsy

Rotation player
jecko that might be true, but i think with this roster, even if we had good chemistry/team work would not be good defensively. Tho i do think we could become a very high scoring team and get to the playoffs in a very bad east.