The Official 2008 NBA Playoffs Thread (Make Your Predictions)

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
I gotta admit i like watchin lebron no homo but i dont like him and im a Gay G/Celtics/Boston hater.

You know what, I also like watching him play. But most of the time I watch him rooting against him and hoping he has an off night. LOL. But his highlights are amazing I'll admit that. The reason I'm not a fan is because I think he's overrated. Oops that's Deshawn Stevenson's line. LOL. No, I don't think he's overrated.. well maybe a little. Not taking away anything from his basketball skills, I honestly think his success (mostly individual success) is mainly due to him being the only star in Cleveland with whoever comes next a very very distant second, hence getting a heck of field goal attempts, minutes, and time holding the ball. This is usually why some people call him the MVP since clearly his loss is a bigger impact to Cleveland maybe even twice that of Paul and Kobe's loss to their respective teams. And last year's playoffs? C'mon... against Washington without Butler and Arenas? Then New Jersey?! Then beating Detroit (the only impressive thing Cleveland did) but could have lost if not for Chauncey's stupidity. I actually predicted them getting swept by San Antonio. Oh and this past All Star game, I think Lebron stole the MVP award right from the tip-off. You could really tell from the opening minutes. The guy never really gave others a chance, hence being the overwhelming favorite. Too bad the West didn't win.

Didn't really want to go on detail about my dislike on Lebron (though I've still got more to say LOL) cos I know some of you guys might rip me off (hopefully not). Just wanted to share. He's got the skills though I'll give him that.

Anyway back to the thread's topic. I can't wait to see if my predictions hold true. My "Washington in 7" 1st round prediction is a little in jeopardy though.

Pricey

Rotation player
i wish i saw this thread form the start. i think its out of Spurs and Lakers in the West and whoever wins will win the whole thing. Im leaning on the Spurs, they know how to get it done. Watching them in the 1st 2 games against the Suns has made me realise that they are simply the best in the NBA and Tim Duncan is the most important player in the league.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Lebron is the best basketball player in the world.

Lebron is the best individualistic player in the world today. He'll retire winning several individual awards cos most of the time those are what he aims for IMO. He'll never win a championship let alone make his teammates better. Oh and his respectable APG stat doesn't translate to being a team player (in case someone will or has brought it up). Those assist opportunities are just the benefits of being a great scorer who gets double teamed all the time, and having to hold the ball at least 90% of the time on offense.

Back to the thread: Bummer for the Suns for losing yet again. They always seem to lose steam during the 2nd half.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I had to edit my predictions because i made an honest mistake. I had Houston going to the 2nd round by accident, im no fool i knew from the beginning that the jazz were taking them. I just noticed now i put the rockets in by accident. The end result is the same because the Lakers will own the jazz and go on to play the spurs who will own the hornets. So far all my predictions have held up, spurs took the sons in 5. I might lose the wizards and cavs series, i had the wizards goin to round 2 but right now the series is at 3 games to 2 in favor of Lebra Lames and the cavs.

The Magic sonned the Craptors, Dwight sonned bosh.

Lanceroy i hate lebron to but i think he deserves more credit. If hes not the best player in the world, hes no lower then top 3. I got Kobe as the best and Chris Paul right there with Lebronze. I think these 3 are considered the best by most, its just the order that differs from one person to the next.

Labrick is a great player to watch no homo, he is the cleveland cavs. Without him they would have been the worst team in the league. The Spurs did own the cavs last year in the playoffs and the result will be the same if those 2 teams meet again, which wont happen.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
CP3 just destroyed Kidd....parker will bite the dust against CP3

Kidd got retired by cp3. It wasnt even close between the 2 of them, we all know who the best point guard is. Parker played great against the sons but what do you expect with steve ash guarding him. He got burnt up and turned to ash. The spurs will put bowen on cp3, should be entertaining but i think the spurs will beat the hornets and eventually when its all said and done win the championship.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I got one wrong in the 1st round, as the cavs beat the wizards. The Hornets have taken the first 2 against the spurs and embarrassed them, to my suprise. I have to give them alot of credit.

I have exclusive pics of the pheonix suns, and other players who have been eliminated from the playoffs.

image008.jpg

fish5ac9.jpg

fishin07_mavericks_600.jpg

fishin07_heat_600.jpg

GoneFishing.jpg

sunsfishingxs5.gif

nashkiddmk7.jpg

2453962942_fedcdeccdf_o.jpg

2458581912_b415912620_o.jpg

sunsfishingagain6yj8.jpg

sunsfishingagain5lx2.jpg

2462863223_b2082af3c6_o.jpg

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Yo those pictures are funny. Where did you find them all at?

i got them off sohh.com, theres not alot of serious analysis on there. I would describe it as alot of trash talkin, ignorance, and the largest group of haters on the internet. There are some posters who drop knowledge but they post all kinds of funny pics and videos.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Boston over Atl
Detroit over Phi
Tor over Orl
Wash over Clev

Den over Lakers
Dall over NO

Spurs over Pho
Jazz over Rockets

Rd 2

Bos over Tor
Det over Wash

Jazz over Nuggets
Spurs over Dall

Conf Finals

Bos over Det

Spurs over Jazz

Nba finals

Bos vs Spurs

Boston defeats the Spurs in 7

So far you took 4 losses to lead the way but your finals is still alive. I also picked the Spurs and Celtics but i got the spurs winnin. Most people had the spurs gettin eliminated by phoenix, why?

Duncan had the flu the first 2 games against new orleans with a temp of 103 degrees in game 1, 102 degrees in game 2. The Spurs played great, like a championship team last night. I still think they will repeat.

I took one loss, I thought the Wizards were finally gonna beat the cavs but they didnt.

metrocard

Legend
So far you took 4 losses to lead the way but your finals is still alive. I also picked the Spurs and Celtics but i got the spurs winnin. Most people had the spurs gettin eliminated by phoenix, why?

Duncan had the flu the first 2 games against new orleans with a temp of 103 degrees in game 1, 102 degrees in game 2. The Spurs played great, like a championship team last night. I still think they will repeat.

I took one loss, I thought the Wizards were finally gonna beat the cavs but they didnt.

Damn, Pancakes is like wrong on everything. I kinda feel bad for him, thats the worst 1st round prediction I ever seen. That dude needs to give up on the NBA, he just doesn't have a feel for it, lol.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I only got 2 wrong. I picked washington over the cavs in the 1st round which through off my 2nd round but i had the 4 teams that are left. I think someone else did too, i think it was knicks126.

David sterns is praying for celtics and lakers, he dont wanna see another pistons vs spurs. The only thing that wouldve been worse then that is cavs vs spurs, a rematch of last year. :barf:

Pricey

Rotation player
im still alive MSG with my Spurs and Pistons predicition, i think they can still beat Boston over 7

I decided to have fun with my predictions and take a couple of crazy ones just for fun. Lots of people had the Mavs, Raptors and Wiz. The Nuggets pick was crazy but I'm a big fan of A.I. and Melo.

Damn, Pancakes is like wrong on everything. I kinda feel bad for him, thats the worst 1st round prediction I ever seen. That dude needs to give up on the NBA, he just doesn't have a feel for it, lol.

How are the Suns and Hornets doing? You were right though the Spurs are just too old :rolleyes: