NY Times Reports David Lee can get a Max Contract

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
I always felt that the Knicks play better with David Lee as their primary PF but he does have his glaring weaknesses. If he could develop his offensive game to be a 16/12 performance player then he should definitely start and get the most minutes as PF. What would you do with Zach Randolph and Eddy Curry? I wouldn't mind seeing them on the bench the whole game. Zach Randolph seems too small to play the center position and Eddy Curry can't play defense. The Knicks would probably be better off playing Randolph Morris and some NBDL players instead of Randolph and Curry. Granted they probably can't put up the same stats as both of them but there will be better ball movement and defense, and such intangibles as chemistry and heart. It's not always about the numbers.

Kiyaman

Legend
I always felt that the Knicks play better with David Lee as their primary PF but he does have his glaring weaknesses. If he could develop his offensive game to be a 16/12 performance player then he should definitely start and get the most minutes as PF. What would you do with Zach Randolph and Eddy Curry? I wouldn't mind seeing them on the bench the whole game. Zach Randolph seems too small to play the center position and Eddy Curry can't play defense. The Knicks would probably be better off playing Randolph Morris and some NBDL players instead of Randolph and Curry. Granted they probably can't put up the same stats as both of them but there will be better ball movement and defense, and such intangibles as chemistry and heart. It's not always about the numbers.

David Lee is no differ from any other PF in the league.
He need a primary Center and a primary SF that he plays alongside of the majority of his playingtime in the frontcourt (constantly).
At the start of the season we all thought we would see alot of Curry, Lee, and the Tazman.

The Knicks should have never surrounded this Knick Team around the offense performance of Zach Randolph for 33 mpg. NEVER!

The Knicks should've built on last season lineup of C-Curry, PF-Lee, SF-Balkman, SG-Crawford, PG-Nate. This was the Knicks 2nd unit in the 2006-7 season that came out with Fire and Energy.

The Knick-Fans had a right early in the season to rant and rage in the Garden about "FIRE Isiah" and the bum performance of the players.

You had to many Knick players that did not deserve playingtime starting with Zach, Q.Rich, Jones, and Jefferies.

The Knicks would've got a better performance in the lineup of C-Curry, PF-Morris, SF-Lee, SG-Crawford, and PG-Nate.

JUNIOR MINT

Benchwarmer
David Lee is an excellent rebounder, and he's improved his offensive talent. However, he's still not worth 13 million a year, or even 10 million a year. The most I'd give Lee is 6 million per year. More than that is going too far, in my opinion. The same goes with Nate Robinson. I would not give him more than 6 million per year.

couldn't of said it any better myself, that's exactly how much i would give him, but maybe 6.8 would seem right...and nate will get like 4.6-5.5 if i was running it though of course...and I dont even think Dwight makes 13 a year? so how r u gonna give a hustle player 13 a year

metrocard

Legend
David Lee is no differ from any other PF in the league.
He need a primary Center and a primary SF that he plays alongside of the majority of his playingtime in the frontcourt (constantly).
At the start of the season we all thought we would see alot of Curry, Lee, and the Tazman.

The Knicks should have never surrounded this Knick Team around the offense performance of Zach Randolph for 33 mpg. NEVER!

The Knicks should've built on last season lineup of C-Curry, PF-Lee, SF-Balkman, SG-Crawford, PG-Nate. This was the Knicks 2nd unit in the 2006-7 season that came out with Fire and Energy.

The Knick-Fans had a right early in the season to rant and rage in the Garden about "FIRE Isiah" and the bum performance of the players.

You had to many Knick players that did not deserve playingtime starting with Zach, Q.Rich, Jones, and Jefferies.

The Knicks would've got a better performance in the lineup of C-Curry, PF-Morris, SF-Lee, SG-Crawford, and PG-Nate.

Agreed completely, BUT

Randolph Morris is too sluggish and robotic to play in the NBA though.

Crawford has to go, we need a more efficient leading scorer.

Curry cannot be our center.

Nate doesn't have the consistancy or isn't much of a threat to be a starter in the NBA, I would love to keep him off the bench though, like Balkman. Both bring a lot of energy.

I would glady start Lee if we had a guy like Dalembert at C and a guy like Gay or Lewis at SF(post up wing player that has range and athleticism) But we have the opposites(Curry and Richardson/Jefferies). That leaves David Lee's weaknesses very vulnerable. Lee is still a GREAT player, we see what he can do when he gets touches. He needs to keep conditioning himself and continue to improve. He's a potential 15 and 10 player.

Kiyaman

Legend
Randolph Morris is too sluggish and robotic to play in the NBA though.

Crawford has to go, we need a more efficient leading scorer.

Curry cannot be our center.

Tyson Chandlor also had a sluggish and robotic performance playing under coach Skiles in Chicago. But look what Coach Byron Scott and PG-Chris Paul got Tyson Chandler doing this season. He looks 500 times better than Curry in his low post offensive moves. Curry & Crawford has never looked as good as Chris & Tyson.
So dont cut Randolph Morris out.
Last year bigman draft of Al Horford, Sean Williams, and Morris were the Bigmen pick of the litter.

We Knick-Fans had to put up with President/Coach Isiah Thomas benching Nate, Balkman, Collins, Chandler, and Morris all season while Isiah tried to make water mix with oil: Curry, Zach, Lee, Q.Rich, Jefferies, Crawford, Jones, and some Marbury. No matter how many different lineups Isiah use these players in they were clueless on getting chemistry with each other.

Randolph Morris equal defense & Rebounds.
Curry & Morris should've been paired up,
or Zach & Morris should've been paired up. Why? because both Curry & Zach refuse to play one lick of defense.
Plus Curry & Zach non passing game gave us the 2nd reason why the two players should have never been paired up to play together in a lineup.

Also this past season
Jefferies playingtime should've been given to Morris.
Q,Rich playingtime should've went to Balkman & Chandler.
Jones playingtime should've went to Collins & Chandler.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Tyson Chandler was always an athelictic freak, coming out of Dominguez. Randolph's agility, footspeed, and athleticism has always been questioned
His NBADRAFT comparisons was Jamal Magloire; one of the slowest players in the NBA.
Isiah's eye for talent is mad overrated. Lee and Ariza were his only good picks. We passed on Bynum and couple of young starting PG's for Frye and Robinson.

paris401

Starter
if someone is willing to give lee a max contract, i say take your hustle and 4ft jumper and don't let the door hit you in the a$$....

Kiyaman

Legend
There are very few PF like KG, Dunkin, and Rasheed in the league that deserve the Max or anywhere near above $8 million per in the league.

The Media made this story based on the Knicks Fluke Zach Randolph $14 million per. When David Lee proved in his second season in the league that he was the best PF on the roster to Start with Curry, Q.Rich, and Marbury.
Isiah being a clueless coach let Portland $14 million per contract to Zach Randolph decide who his starting PF should be.

Isiah was too many FOOLS taking on Phoenix expectations salaries of Marbury, Penny, and Q.Richardson. Houstons Mo Taylor and Francis. Spurs Malik Rose. And Portlands foolish contract to Zach Randolph.