PHO May 1 TBA
SA May 3 TBA

Phoenix%20Suns.jpg

PG - Steve Nash
SG - Raja Bell
SF - Grant Hill
PF - Amare Stoudamire
C - Shaquille O Neal

The Bench: Boris Diaw, Leandro Barbosa, Gordon Giricek, Sean Marks, Brian Skinner, D.J. Strawberry, Alando Tucker

san_antonio_spurs300.jpg

PG - Tony Parker
SG - Manu Ginobli
SF - Bruce Bowen
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Fabricio Oberto

The Bench: Michael Finley, Kurt Thomas, Ime Udoka, Robert Horry, Damon Stoudamire, Brent Barry, Matt Bonner, Jacque Vaughn

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Suns are looking good, so far. They have a good chance of winning game 1. They're up by 16 in the first half.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Suns are looking good, so far. They have a good chance of winning game 1. They're up by 16 in the first half.

Yea things are lookin good for them. Barbosa and Diaw are giving the Spurs problems. Stoudamire leads with 12 points but hes only shooting 5 for 14.

Duncan has been holdin it the f*ck down for the Spurs, hes the only one. Timmy D has 15 points, 3 blocks, and 4 rebounds. Kurt Thomas has also played well off the bench.

pat

Starter
OMFG!!!!!!! Why do they let Ginobili penetrate that easily? They should have clogged up the middle and force them to take a jumper!

Wow the Spurs just beat down the Suns in the second half. Stoudemire as he tends to do came up small with the money on the line. No wonder Suns fans can't stand him, the guy never does anything when it's money time. Diaw killed them down the stretch and Barbosa along with Hill have done nothing in this series. Shaq has done his job but with Hill hurt (what else is knew?) you can't help but to think that Marion could've helped the Suns on the defensive end. Can't blame Kerr though it was a move he had to make.

Suns better show some guts and win games 3, 4.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Bummer for how the Suns threw this game again on the 2nd half. They should have gone back early with Amare in the 3rd quarter. By the time he had his touches he seemed to have gotten cold and was forcing it a few times. I still think the Suns can pull out of the series. They just have to maintain their energy for 48 minutes. And they need to have better help defense when Parker slashes. Parker owned Nash today. I think at one point he had three consecutive drives to the basket without anyone helping out in the paint.

I still say Suns in 7.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Suns did give away game 2 with that bad 3rd quarter. We'll see what happens tonight. Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson will be callin the game. I would watch the 2 worse teams in the league play each other if Van Gundy called the game, he is the funniest broadcaster ever. I hope he doesnt go back to coaching just because of how funny he is when he calls games.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
They call them the suns because they're the sons of the spurs.

Theres a good arguement as to why pheonix coulda beaten the spurs last year if it wasnt for those suspensions. Its obvious that the suns miss shawn marion and kurt thomas. I knew as soon as they traded kurt thomas it was bad news for them. Amare aint got sh1t on duncan, Kurt thomas did a better job then most other players do of guarding duncan. They miss Shawn Marions versatilty on defense and his ability to score.

"If it works, I'm a genius. If it doesn't, I'm a moron, I guess."

These are the words of the Suns gm Steve Kerr. Thumbs down to the entire pheonix suns organization, they take a huge L on this one.

Last edited:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
That dunk right there by Tim is great, he dunked on Stoudemire, and on the other end (defensive end for the Spurs) he swapped that ball away from Stoudemire, who said the Spurs will loose the series, because there old age will fatigue them lol. They are playing great basketball. I don't like the Spurs at all, but they deserve the Championship again.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
That dunk right there by Tim is great, he dunked on Stoudemire, and on the other end (defensive end for the Spurs) he swapped that ball away from Stoudemire, who said the Spurs will loose the series, because there old age will fatigue them lol. They are playing great basketball. I don't like the Spurs at all, but they deserve the Championship again.

lmao @ all the espn analysts pick the suns. I knew they would win, i could tell by the way the celtics handled the suns in their most recent matchup. Marion is a versatile defender who can rebound and score. They definitly miss him but they made a big mistake before the season by trading kurt thomas. The Spurs were equal or slightly better then the suns but kurt thomas was the only player they had that could guard duncan.

Duncan sh1ts all over amare. Hes still the best big man in the league closely followed by that f@g from boston. Amare is not on the level of either of them. His injury clearly had an impact on him. Hes still a very good player but hes not KG and hes not duncan.

I have gotten to like the Spurs and I think if they can make it by the lakers they will win the championship. Lakers and celtics or spurs and celtics will both be a great finals matchup so its a win win.

Stoudemire is one of the most overrated players in the league. He plays no d and disappears down the stretch of games or is a turnover waiting to happen. No wonder the Suns fans don't like him. Talk about a guy that puts up great numbers but is nowhere near as good as his numbers would suggest.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
This hack-a-shaq (even hack-a-skinner) thing is starting to get on my nerves. Popovich is starting lose some coaching points from me. Heck I remember Indiana back in 2000 doing this, and Don Nelson doing this for a couple of years with Dallas. Rick Adelman never even resorted to this when he was with Sacramento during their Conference Finals with LA. And when Bird and Nelson did the hack-a-shaq (sometimes Duncan and Bowen for Nelson) they only did it during the 4th quarter. Rarely did they do it during the 3rd quarter. This year though particularly in this Game 5, Popovich is engaging in it right from the first quarter. Some people would say this is good coaching exploiting the other team's weaknesses, but I think that is ugly basketball. Doing hack-a-shaq is smart but overkill is not great for basketball. Spurs are showing once again why they are so boring to watch.

Only way Suns are gonna win is to lead by 10. Popovich doesn't resort to hack-a-shaq unless the game is tight or the Spurs are ahead. Suns aren't gonna win any close game with the Spurs. They have to lead BIG and maintain the lead.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Very tight game with less than 3 minutes remaining.

If Suns win this game, Suns are gonna win the series.

Update: It's all over. Suns wasted a lot of opportunities and turned it over during crucial moments. Once again they lose a series that they should have won. Like I said earlier, Suns aren't gonna win any close games with the Spurs.

Had Duncan not made that 3-point shot in Game 1, it'd probably be either Spurs leading 3-2 right now (Suns winning games 1 and 4), or Suns leading 3-2 (Spurs winning games 3 and 5). Instead it's a 4-1 exit. Bummer for the Suns. I feel bad for them. Too bad Shaq won't be feeling the love in Phoenix, which is a total reversal from his days in LA and Miami. Suns are gonna look back at that Duncan shot like how Spurs looked back at that unbelievable Derek Fisher buzzer-beating heave back in 2004 which came after the acrobatic Duncan jumpshot with 0.8 or 0.6 secs remaining or how the Kings looked back at the Robert Horry Game 5 buzzerbeating three in which Divac stupidly but unintentionally tapped the ball to Horry back in 2002. Big difference is that the Spurs have won 2 more championships since, and don't really care about that LA series anymore, while the Suns have now run into an unbreakable brick wall.

Last edited:

Pricey

Rotation player
i dont feel sorry for the Suns, over-achieveing knobs. Made the WORST trade possible and it bit them in the ass. I just love the fact Kurt Thomas got the chance to stick it up them.
What is Shaq going to say about his promise of delivering a championship to Phoenix? bahahahahahha.
"Oh i forgot to also tell u that im fat and slow and cant play anymore, peace"