Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Anthony Randolph

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Each year, 16 NBA teams clinch a playoff spot. The other 14 teams make the lottery.

Here is the list of all the NBA lottery teams and their odds of getting the #1 pick:

TeamRecord////Chances (out of 1,000) Chance(in percent)
1.Miami(15-67) //// 250 //////////////////////////25.0%
2.Seattle(20-62)/// 199 /////////////////////////19.9%
3.Minnesota(22-60)///138 ///////////////////////13.8%
4.Memphis(22-60)/// 137////////////////////////// 13.7%
5.New York (23-59) 76 ///////////////////7.6%
6.L.A. Clippers(23-59) 75 ////////////////////////////7.5%
7.Milwaukee(26-56) 43 //////////////////////////////4.3%
8.Charlotte(32-50) 28/////////////////////////////// 2.8%
9.Chicago(33-49) 17 ////////////////////////////////1.7%
10.New Jersey(34-48) 11 /////////////////////////////1.1%
11.Indiana(36-46) 8 ///////////////////////////////////0.8%
12.Sacramento(38-44) 7 //////////////////////////////0.7%
13.Portland(41-41) 6 //////////////////////////////////0.6%
14.Golden State(48-34) 5 /////////////////////////////0.5%

:update:
According to NBA.com, the Knicks won a random tiebreaker over the
LA Clippers, which is why the Knicks have the 5th best chance of drafting #1 overall.

According to NBA.com, the Knicks do not have a 2008 second round pick, as a result of the trade with Portland, in the 2007 offseason. Portland will get the Knicks' 36th pick in the 2nd round.

The NBA Draft Lottery, which will announce what pick each non-playoff team will get, will be aired on ESPN, May 20.

The NBA Draft, which will determine which players go to which team will be aired on ESPN, June 26.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I know. I hate the Bulls. They completely took advantage of the Knicks. They got Tim Thomas, Michael Sweetney, Jermaine Jackson, two first round picks, and two second round picks. All the Knicks got was Eddy Curry and Antonio Davis' 13 million dollar a year contract. Now tell me how many teams would be willing to give all of that for Eddy Curry besides Isiah Thomas? lol

New New York

Quiet Storm
Paxon is Genius to me

You gotta give it up to Paxon though, he hates Isiah but knew he could pimp him. I mean he paved the way for Orlando and Portland, he showed them that all you have to do to get under the cap is call Isiah. I imagine that around the league there had to be a joke about how to get under the cap simply by picking up the phone and calling Isiah! And John got two lottery picks out of it

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
You gotta give it up to Paxon though, he hates Isiah but knew he could pimp him. I mean he paved the way for Orlando and Portland, he showed them that all you have to do to get under the cap is call Isiah. I imagine that around the league there had to be a joke about how to get under the cap simply by picking up the phone and calling Isiah! And John got two lottery picks out of it

I gotta co-sign that to the fullest, great way to put it.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Isiah traded away the Knicks' 2008 and 2009 second round pick, and he traded away the Knicks' 2010 first round pick. What a piece of work he is. Thank god Walsh fired him as coach.