Postseason opinions

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
My bad i forgot he went to the Lakers. I thought he retired but then came back to them so it wasnt like he left the Jazz for the Lakers? correct me if im wrong please cause yeah im unsure on that.

I HATE THE CELTICS. The fact they went 7 games with the Hawks brought a smile to my dial. New Orleans r gonna win it all. They r on fire.

Well we are allowed to hate some teams (just not the Knicks of course) and players sometimes for no reason. LOL.

Hmm from what I recall, Malone didn't really retire until after that Lakers season.

Ya. New Orleans are proving me wrong. And I'm happy about it. Like I said in the "End of Season Awards Predictions" thread, Chris Paul deserves the MVP a little more than Kobe, but this year is Kobe's year. I'd rather the Hornets win and get a chance at the Finals than those boring Spurs. Plus I hate Bruce Bowen. He's the dirtiest player ever. He sucks! Let's just hope it doesn't end up like the 2004 Lakers-Spurs series. The heavily favored Lakers "dream team" were down 0-2 with Parker owning Payton, and then suddenly Lakers won 4 straight. Hornets have to deliver the hammer right away in game 3. Don't give any more chances to San Antonio.

We all know the Spurs are old but the Hornets are making them look REALLY old. Chris Paul> Tony Parker, Peja > Ginobili, West > Duncan

Kiyaman

Legend
The Hornets are 2-0 vs the Spurs, are they the better team?

NO is a perfect team, Great PG, SG who plays good D and can score, SF who shots lights out, PF who has all the tools and is full of fire, C who controls the paint, and a rookie with boatloads of pontental and good work ethic. My jealousy wants me to hate em.
Byron Scott!

The Hornets are definitely stacked.
What amazes me most is how careful Paul is with the ball. In the 7 games thus far this postseason, he has 85 assists to just 9 turnovers.
They definitely have all the tools needed to make a serious run, even in the strong West. In addition to all their talent on the floor, they have a coach who has been to the Finals as a player and a coach. So he knows what to expect.

When I seen how Bryron Scott coach his practices back in 2002-3 of the Nets, I was told that all the coaching format credit should go to assistant coach Eddie Jordan & Mike O'Koren. And that was the format that all three coaches could not get Marbury to follow alongside of KVH.

Byron Scott build the fastest backcourt in the NBA with Kidd & Kittles.
Now he build an atrocious swift backcourt with Chris & Peterson.
Did Byron hold a grudge against Kidd? 4-1

The Byron Scott Hornets vs Spurs 7 game series with the Homecourt in favor.

Kiyaman

Legend
Pure DEFENSE!
in the Cavs vs Celtics Playoff Series.

Boston won the first game which was tight down the stretch to the final seconds of the game.
King James shot 2-18 fg, and gave out 10 turnovers.
While Pierce shot a 2-14 fg, 6 turnovers, and his buddy Ray Allen shot 0-4 fg, and donated 4 turnovers.

The Cavs actually have the three players that could beat the Celtics Big-3 in 6 games in their lineup of "6.8 James, 6.7 Pavlovic, and 6.7 Szczerbiak". These 3 players are G/F that knows how to space the court on offense & defense. When you add a 6.2 PG-Gibson and a 6.10 Center Varegao the Celtics become overmatched (with 4-peremeter shooters).
Cavs coach Brown seem scared to put in all three of his scoring G/F at the sametime keeping one on the bench resting.
I hope he seen in this first game the Boston clamp on Lebron in the paint is a defensive plan structured early in the regular season that worked, and still is working in the postseason.

Kiyaman

Legend
Here's some Knick Playoff talk

How is it that coach Byron Scott's young Hornets team are able to beat the Championship Spurs 3 games in the playoffs, and coach D'Antoni's Phoenix Suns had a hard time winning 1 game this playoffs vs the same Spurs that knocked them out of last year playoffs.

The question most asked since the trading deadline was how much did coach D'Antoni have to do with the Shaq trade.
When the most important question should've been the Kurt Thomas trade, and why did'nt the Suns pick-up a walking Kurt Thomas before the Spurs did? Did'nt Kurt Thomas play a very important role in the Suns postseason last year?

When the Hornets WON the first two games of the Spurs series coach D'Antoni knew he was FIRED...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Here's some Knick Playoff talk

How is it that coach Byron Scott's young Hornets team are able to beat the Championship Spurs 3 games in the playoffs, and coach D'Antoni's Phoenix Suns had a hard time winning 1 game this playoffs vs the same Spurs that knocked them out of last year playoffs.

The question most asked since the trading deadline was how much did coach D'Antoni have to do with the Shaq trade.
When the most important question should've been the Kurt Thomas trade, and why did'nt the Suns pick-up a walking Kurt Thomas before the Spurs did? Did'nt Kurt Thomas play a very important role in the Suns postseason last year?

When the Hornets WON the first two games of the Spurs series coach D'Antoni knew he was FIRED...

Now we got more people posting in here. You brought this thread back. If its knicks news make another thread. If you wanna post about the NBA go into the right section. Whats the deal kiyaman? Can you read? Heres a picture for you to jack off to.

12knicks.1.190.jpg

We have several playoff threads in the nba section.

/thread

One of the mods needs to delete this thread.

/thread

Nichols cant read.

We Have a NBA Section for Threads like this

/ the f*ckin thread

Please Rady anyone delete this thread

All NBA related posts belong here:

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Kiyaman

Legend
The Hornets may have LOSS Game-7 to the Championship Spurs, but Chris Paul, West, and Chandler won the war. A Super Great Season from future All-Star Players.

The Four teams we all expected to make the conference Finals has made it.
Call it???

Kiyaman

Legend
MSGKnickz, you still dont get it do you?
How many regular posters on this board has you seen posting on the NBA Postseason thread?

This is a Knick Board that team has not seen the Postseason in any of Isiah Thomas full seasons with this Knick team (4 seasons).
We are losing touch with the big difference between regular season games and the Postseason games series by not commenting on it on this board.
We would rather comment on fantasy trades, fantasy draft picks, rather than talk about the lowest winning team in the playoffs (Atlanta Hawks), making the highest winning team in the playoff (Boston Celtics) play all seven games in a series. Why? How? What was different from regular to postseason?

This post was to compare all 16 playoffs teams to our Knick team from the head coach, coaching-staff, the systems, and all the players positions.

Example:

Kiyaman

Legend
Game 5 of the Boston vs Detroit series showed how the perfomance of a Role-Player (Kendrick Perkins) could step-up his skillz & talent to the next-level to help his team win a playoff game.

Kendrick Perkins get the MVP of Game-5 with a 38 minute performance shooting 8-11 FG for 18 points, grabbing 16 rebounds, 2 steals, and 2 blockshots.
Now that's a decent "Role-Player" to have in a teams rotation.
You dont expect these big numbers from a role-player, but when they do show up you know this player been adding this to the team just in smaller numbers.

PG-Rajon Rondo 7 pts, 13 ast, 6 rbd, and 4 steals, in helping win this playoff game is another "Role-Player" that deserve his Props for his overall performance.

We Knick-Fans should know that we have such "Role-Players" on our controversal Knick roster in the players "David Lee, Renaldo Balkman, Wilson Chandler, and Nate Robinson". All earning $2 million and under per season.
Our Knick Role-Players could use a tight group of 3 to 4 leadership teammates like (KG, Pierce, and Ray, or Billups, RIP, Prince, and Wallace), which perfomance is all on the "Same-Page" so they could follow their lead.

Kiyaman

Legend
Manu had problems with Odom and Walton stalking him for 24/7 in this series.
Pierce will have the same problems in the FINALS. Lakers in 6.

The Lakers making the FINALS should be no big suprise to anyone that was watching the NBA Postseason Games last year this time, when Kobe Bryant went off. Especially Kobe's big rumor of wanting to be traded after last year draft night.
How the hell the Lakers pulled off that trade for Gasol with the counterfit money they gave to Memphis is the Miracle President & G.M. that the Knicks organization need now to clean house.