NEW YORKERS WANT MARK JACKSON, kenny smith is lame

CoolClyde

As a New Yorker born and bred, the more I think about it, the more I feel Mark Jackson is the right fit to coach the Knicks.

He's a winner from New York City: St. John's NCAA championship. NBA Finals. He bleeds NYC where Isiah bled Detroit...

Jackson's head has been in the game since his playing career ended, broadcasting with other coaches like Van Gundy, Mike Fratello, and other intelligent basketball minds, seeing the best in the game and how they win. MANY coaches have gone from broadcasting to coaching and back again. Jackson also had the opportunity to broadcast with Marv Albert, one of the greatest ever as far as communication goes. It's this intelligent communication that translates to coaching, in order to pass on knowledge. And he's a point guard mentality, like many great coaches before him.

Mark Jackson is young and hungry and a NEW YORKER! He is what we need to lead a TEAM! Fresh blood for a fresh NY Knick team. Mark Jackson will inspire Starbury to be the best he can be, and I believe Walsh will give them both a chance to make it happen before they trade him.

Personally, I can't stand Kenny Smith, he's on a par with Charles Barkley as far as smarts, witticisms and limited vocabulary. He is LAME! and he bleeds Houston...

Let's keep it in New York, don't let Mark Jackson get away again!

Clyde for defensive coach
Ewing for big man coach

NEW YORK NEW YORK
GO GIANTS!
GO KNICKS!

jzero29

Rotation player
I like jackson

I like jackson, but he's is unexperienced, which means I have no means to judge him by. He reminds me of Isiah, in the sense he's likable right now. People like Mark Jackson, people liked Isiah.

Avery johnson, I'm not a fan of, but his firey attitude could really be what this team needs and he has experience and has been successful.

Kenny smith, also no experience, and I say if your gonna go no experience go Jackson.

As far as the team, I don't care who goes, but it is clear people must go, changes must be made. I'll have faith as long as I see change.

Rebuilding is a long road, one Isiah originally said he the knicks didn't need to do. Later said the knicks were rebuilding, but they weren't. Years later we still haven't started rebuilding. Time to start now. Knicks fire sale, whoever will take anyplayer as long as we are taking on small contracts and expiring contracts and getting ride of the large ones. No big signings. I'd even say some releases, like Jerome James, Malik rose, If no one will take them.

Honestly all these people hyping Mark Jackson up Im like wtf? People is like how great a player he was and shit and Im like when? Mark Jackson was never anything special and he has no expierience which is why I don't see why people want him so bad. Again if Lenny Wilkens, Larry Brown, and Isiah Thomas couldn't get these group of players to turn it around what the hell has people believeing Mark Jackson can do it?

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks Coach & G.M.

Before counting any coach out do your homework on him first.
Every coach was inexperience when they first started coaching.
All of the best coaches for this Knick Team has been taken two and three seasons ago.
The Knicks had the chance to grab Byron Scott, Rick Adelman, or give Herb Williams a year or two.
The Knicks should have went after Phil Jackson rather than Larry Brown confusion, especially after his coaching of the USA team.
Stan Van Gundy is 100 times a better coach than his brother JVG.
Alot of these so-call experience NBA coaches you guys keep mentioning for this Knick job got a free pass and should be coaching in college and than the D-League before the NBA again.

Pat Riley did a great job for us Knicks because he started his coaching career with Center Kareem Jabbar, so his experience led him on to teach Ewing more fundamentals of the game. The same way with Mourning and Shaq. Pat Riley turned out to be one the best bigmen coaches in the NBA. He will not refuse a trade for Eddy Curry.

At this point, whomever the Knicks hire as their G.M. and Coach should have a huge amount of knowledge about whats been going on in this Knick Franchise than what Walsh has been showing.
Mark Jackson gets a plus + there.

The Knicks new head coach must know more than just details about this season performance from each of the 15 players on the Knick roster, before being hired.
Every coach start off their seasons with new expectations from their players.
To not have any knowledge of these Knick players on the court and off the court activities in New York, untill the two weeks of training camp will be to late to start singling out certain players.
Mark Jackson gets a plus + there too.

The Knicks new G.M. must have a great knowledge of this "Knick Team" coaching-staff and players performance.
Plus he must learn how to get as much knowledge as he can before taking on future players and coaching-staff.
Kenny Smith fits this bill of health.

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
man look every new yorker want patrick ewing to be our coach and have mar jackason,clyde as assitents so what i have to everyone wants patrick no jackson

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Before counting any coach out do your homework on him first.
Every coach was inexperience when they first started coaching.
All of the best coaches for this Knick Team has been taken two and three seasons ago.
The Knicks had the chance to grab Byron Scott, Rick Adelman, or give Herb Williams a year or two.
The Knicks should have went after Phil Jackson rather than Larry Brown confusion, especially after his coaching of the USA team.
Stan Van Gundy is 100 times a better coach than his brother JVG.
Alot of these so-call experience NBA coaches you guys keep mentioning for this Knick job got a free pass and should be coaching in college and than the D-League before the NBA again.

Pat Riley did a great job for us Knicks because he started his coaching career with Center Kareem Jabbar, so his experience led him on to teach Ewing more fundamentals of the game. The same way with Mourning and Shaq. Pat Riley turned out to be one the best bigmen coaches in the NBA. He will not refuse a trade for Eddy Curry.

At this point, whomever the Knicks hire as their G.M. and Coach should have a huge amount of knowledge about whats been going on in this Knick Franchise than what Walsh has been showing.
Mark Jackson gets a plus + there.

The Knicks new head coach must know more than just details about this season performance from each of the 15 players on the Knick roster, before being hired.
Every coach start off their seasons with new expectations from their players.
To not have any knowledge of these Knick players on the court and off the court activities in New York, untill the two weeks of training camp will be to late to start singling out certain players.
Mark Jackson gets a plus + there too.

The Knicks new G.M. must have a great knowledge of this "Knick Team" coaching-staff and players performance.
Plus he must learn how to get as much knowledge as he can before taking on future players and coaching-staff.
Kenny Smith fits this bill of health.

Your research is slightly flawed. Remember the Isiah interviewed Phil way before he interviewed Larry. Phil even wrote about the experience in his book. He wrote that Isiah was very gracious but he thought about the media dogs and their relentless pursuit and pressure for immediate improvement and ultimately turned us down. I can't do the quote justice but Phil completely dogged out the media and the papers were pissed about it.

For any one that believes Mark Jackson can fix the Knicks with zero coaching experience solely because he was a good point guard, I have two words for you, Isiah Thomas.

We've debated about this in another forum and frankly I think it's sad how the media clearly influences opinions of fans. Mark Jackson shouldn't even be mentioned as a coaching candidate to fix one of the worse teams the NBA has seen in years. This aint amateur hour. Avery I can understand. He was coach of the year two seasons ago and although he was a young coach, he worked his way up as an 'assistant' first. Jackson hasn't done that. You guys want to throw him right into the fire. Jackson is a mystery. We don't know what kind of coach he will be because he's never coached before. Now Paul Silas is interested and he should get a serious look. Hopefully Walsh wont hire any one until after the playoffs. At that time, presuming the Celtics go deep into the playoffs, he'll get a change to interview Tom Thibodeau. For those of you that have done your home work I challenge you to find a better coach available then Tom! Let's make a logical argument and not Jackson was a great pg bullshit. Let's talk experience, leadership, defense and record.

Mark Jackson,Van Gundy,Fratello...the most important is a man better than Isiah and for me everyone is better than Isiah,he has kill NY since he is in the big apple,I loved the player but I hate the coach.

Blas

Benchwarmer
Two Questions?

How many more Marc Jackson threads are we going to have?

And didn't people sing the same tune about Isiah? "Anyone is better then Scott Layden... Isiah will fix his mess ups.. etc etc"

jzero29

Rotation player
Honestly all these people hyping Mark Jackson up Im like wtf? People is like how great a player he was and shit and Im like when? Mark Jackson was never anything special and he has no expierience which is why I don't see why people want him so bad. Again if Lenny Wilkens, Larry Brown, and Isiah Thomas couldn't get these group of players to turn it around what the hell has people believeing Mark Jackson can do it?
Inexperience is not a knock, it's just hard to know what your getting whenyou haven't seen them coach. Coaching is more then just x's and o's, it's more then just knowledge of the game, it's dealingf with egos, motivating the unmotivated(curry) It''s being a leader, I know jackson was a leader on the court, but it's different when you can't lead by example. I like jackson, but I am not sure what you'd get. No one can be.