MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Hornets lead 2-1

Gm. 1: NOH 101, SAS 82
Gm. 2: NOH 102, SAS 84
Gm. 3: SAS 110, NOH 99
Gm. 4: SAS 100, NOH 80
Gm. 5: NOH 101, SAS 79
Gm. 6: Thu., May 15: at San Antonio, 9 p.m. ET (ESPN)
Gm. 7*: Mon., May 19: at New Orleans, TBD (TNT)

* if necessary

The Spurs

Tony Parker
Michael Finley
Bruce Bowen
Tim Duncan
Kurt Thomas

The Hornets

Chris Paul
Morris Peterson
Peja Stojakovic
David West
Tyson Chandler

chris-paul-1.jpg

timduncan.jpg

All playoff series thoughts, comments, and analysis belongs in this thread

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Chris Paul takes floppin to a new level

cpflop.gif

This shit is hilarious, a 360 roll on the ground flop. Ginobili's gonna have to step it up if he wants to keep his reputation as being one of the best floppers in the league.

pat

Starter
cpflop.gif

This shit is hilarious, a 360 roll on the ground flop. Ginobili's gonna have to step it up if he wants to keep his reputation as being one of the best floppers in the league.

It even looks as if he almost hurt his ankles. That would have been the most stupid injury ever.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I agree pricey, the spurs got this. Next year it will be a great battle in the west with teams like the hornets, lakers, spurs, etc. I dont think the lakers are tough enough down low to go to the finals this year. The Spurs are still the best in the west but they'll have to look to get younger next year if they hope to maintain that status.

I like Chris Paul but he takes a L for this:

The Lakers can lean on Kobe Bryant, who?s been through a few of these battles. The Hornets have Bryant?s MVP runner-up, Chris Paul, and that counts for something, too, considering the Spurs haven?t stopped him yet. But Paul also has shown his youth on a few occasions in this series, no more so than in Game 3.

Then, exasperated with Bruce Bowen hounding him, Paul turned to the Spurs? designated pest and offered this protest: ?I?m going to tell Stu Jackson on you.?

The look on Bowen?s face seemed to say it all. You?re going to ? tell on me?

Tattling, as Paul probably quickly learned, doesn?t count for much in the playoffs. David West also has had his moments. He kicked the scorer?s table in anger in Game 3. Down 20 in Sunday?s third quarter, he flung out his left arm to deck Bowen for a foul.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...ornetsspursgamefour051208&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Pricey

Rotation player
I agree pricey, the spurs got this. Next year it will be a great battle in the west with teams like the hornets, lakers, spurs, etc. I dont think the lakers are tough enough down low to go to the finals this year. The Spurs are still the best in the west but they'll have to look to get younger next year if they hope to maintain that status.

I like Chris Paul but he takes a L for this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...ornetsspursgamefour051208&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
Yeah that wasnt cool by Paul.
Im really interested in the West MSGKnickz33, the matchups are all great. I really think Utah could upset the Lakers, Williams has been sensational in the playoffs.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
You might be right Pricey, and kobes playin with a bad back. Williams is lookin like hes the 2nd best point guard in the NBA.

I gotta give some props to the hornets. I didnt expect them to win last night, not only did they win but they embarrassed the spurs. Its not lookin good for the spurs (and my playoff predictions). I dont really like either team more then the other but after what happened in new orleans a couple years ago it would be great to see them win a title.

Basketball fans have alot to look forward to in the upcoming years. The Hornets, Lakers, and Jazz are all on the rise. The Lakers will be a much better team next year with a healthy andrew bynum who will bring them alot more toughness down low. Gasol hasnt looked as good (no homo) in utah. Boozer is a tough physical power forward whos givin him problems. I cant forget about the Blazers who can potentially be a great team soon, dependin on how fast greg oden develops.

Back to this series, i cant say who i think is gonna win. I think the Spurs will take game 6 but game 7 in new orleans........should be a great game. The Spurs havent won a game yet in new orleans but they have the most experience. Can the young Hornets beat the experienced spurs? Should be great, i wish the games were earlier.