The Detroit Pistons

Chauncey Billups
Richard Hamilton
Tayshaun Prince
Jason Maxiell
Rasheed Wallace

250px-Orlando_Magic_logo.png

DHC906L.jpg

All comments, analysis, and thoughts belong in this thread.

Last edited:

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Clock Controversy!

Wasn't really paying attention to this series. Can't believe a new controversy's going on. What do you guys think? I'm sure most of you have heard of it.

Here's how it goes: Nearing the end of the 3rd quarter, with 5.1 seconds remaining on the inbound pass for Detroit, with Magic leading by 1 (after making a comeback), clock suddenly stops at 4.8, and then Chauncey shoots a 3 putting them up 2 going to the 4th quarter. Basket counts. But later reviews show that the play took 5.7 seconds (above the legit time of 5.1). After the shot the clock moved quickly down to 4.1. Just watch videos for more details. That was some wacked up clock. I think the NBA are looking it up, but I doubt there's gonna be a re-do, or if there'll ever be any actions taken. Too bad it didn't happen in the last 2 minutes of the game, or that the final score wasn't decided by 3 points or less. But Magic deserve some justice. The 4th quarter was tight all the way. And with 17 seconds remaining in the game, they were only down 2, so that shot really matters A LOT. A re-do though seems impossible. Besides it'll be hard to determine from which time down in the 4th quarter you have to re-do, and you obviously can't re-do from 5.1 seconds in the 3rd quarter. That'll be big big news in NBA history. Aside from that there's just too many factors. But this is the playoffs. It ain't just a regular season game. Too bad for the Magic.

I guess the best the NBA can do is change the rulebook and make a replay review a necessity on every field goal done during a clock discrepancy, and not just when the clock goes zero.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Pistons have eliminated the Magic in 5 games. The last 2 wins were very impressive for Detroit, especially game 4 where they won in Orlando without Chauncey Billups. They also won game 5 without him. The Pistons will go to the Conference Finals once again. In my opinion they are lookin like the best team in the east.