ESPN: Knicks to prepare a "staggering" financial offer to D'antoni

knicksin60

Starter
Before I found out that this thread was created 3 years ago, I started getting that sick feeling in my stomach and nearly went to the bathroom to regurgitate.There is nothing more appalling than the thought of Mike D'antoni being offered a contract extension with the Knicks.Finding out that this thread was from 2008 was equivalent to waking up from a bad dream.

Before I found out that this thread was created 3 years ago, I started getting that sick feeling in my stomach and nearly went to the bathroom to regurgitate.There is nothing more appalling than the thought of Mike D'antoni being offered a contract extension with the Knicks.Finding out that this thread was from 2008 was equivalent to waking up from a bad dream.

The same flu bug hit me for about thirty seconds. When I clicked on the link I was prepared to read about a MOA extension. Talk about sweating bullets. Thank goodness this is 3 years old...

Imagine if MDA did go to Chicago and we got Thibs.....:whatever:

They'd still be in the Conference Finals, because of D-Rose and Noah and probably Joe Johnson who would've joined them this summer instead of Boozer, but stuck there forever - just like Phoenix was under D'Antoni. Many 60+ win seasons and Conference Finals with great rosters, but no hope to ever make the Finals, let alone win a championship.

I don't know where we would be. One thing is for sure, the roster would look completely different. No STAT, Walker or Rautins under Thibs....more like Boozer, Watson and Sefolosha.

moneyg

Starter
Me too!

I was actually scared for about 20 seconds man!

Thank the lord ths thread is from 2008 :smokin:

And yeah, lanceroy was right!

i thougt it was a joke....not an old thread...dolan would have to be a fool...

at least my stance has always been clear about this idiot of a coach...and my desire to have thibbs as coach

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Thibs

I recall this thread and remembered that several posters favored Thibodeau.

For this and several other reasons, I am not prepared to sanctify Donnie Walsh. He got the Knicks under the cap, but it did not take a genius to figure that it was a necessity to do so. He also had us pick Jordan Hill when we could have had Jennings or Holiday. We have two great stars but we have important missing pieces with few draft picks going forward and very little cap room flexibility. i do not expect next year to be particularly pleasant and I see us missing out on CP3 or D. Howard in 2012. We are going to have to get very lucky to compete in the near future with Chicago, Oklahoma City and Miami.