The GREAT Stephon "STARBURY" Marbury Appreciation Thread

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Another victim caught without his metrocard.

metrocard.jpg

He got his ass dragged out of the subway station and brought to the hospital.

What a stupid post by jimmy, most of the marbury haters on this site are the worst posters. Theres maybe one or two where you can see where there coming from with some of their criticism, but theres others who look to find every little thing they can and those are the posters that make idiots out of themselves.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Well, being in the midwest; I could see how you missed the games and not see Marbury change his game for Brown/Thomas.

They wanted Marbury to be more of an assist guard; feeding the ball to Curry, assisting off pick and rolls. Marbury done this, he hasn't dominant the ball as he usually does.

The result?

Crawford and Curry averaged career highs under ; (that statement kills your theory that Marbury can't "elevate" other's performances.) Its more about the support casting than Marbury's faults. You don't go into the slums of Columbia with a butter knife and a water pistol. Curry and Crawford aren't recognized as "big guns" in the NBA. Marbury was a 20-23 ppg scorer consistent; totally out of Crawford/Curry's range + his 8 assist a game. Offensively Marbury is just a superior player. Defensively, who isn't better than Curry/Crawford?

Isiah and Isiahsexuals like you were happy with this.

The reality was; as Crawford, Curry, Isiah and his Isiahsexuals were in happy land; Knicks were losing games and sank to the level as the worst team in the NBA.

When Marbury is the main focus, we made the playoffs. He was surrounded by assist key role players and we made a big turn around in Marbury's first session as a Knick.

Adding Crawford/Curry just adding a losing formula

Not to shit on you hard; but what the fuck you know about "properly" feeding someone in the post?

Curry doesn't in position quick enough; he plays like theres 50 seconds left on the shot clock. Having Curry as the primary option is one of the best ideas to having a terrible predictable turnover prone soft ass offense. Marbury did feed Curry; just because Knicks didn't have sucess with the whole Curry is Shaq idea doesn't mean its Marbury's fault. Curry isn't THAT good and will never be that good. Isiah really tried to inflate his numbers for force feeding him minutes. Its like giving Eddie House 40 minutes a game. He'll probably average 20 ppg. Does it make it a good idea? NO. House is terrible defensively and cannot play PG due to his limitations.

Can't believe Isiahsexuals are still lurking.

Can't believe a Marburysexuals are still lurking. First of all learn the difference between when to use a period, semi-colon, or a comma so your thoughts can be understood. We do know things like that here in the Midwest. Secondly, I checked the stats. Jamal's career high was this year at 20.6 ppg while only playing 24 games with Steph. Eddy's career average was last year at 19.5 ppg even though Steph took the last couple of months off. So your argument of Steph sacrificing his game and leading Jamal and Eddy to career highs is just wrong. You are right we don't see many Knicks games here in the Midwest so if are telling me Steph gave up his game to help Eddy and Jamal get-off even though the stats don't back that up, I'll take your word for it. Isn't that what a so-called point guard, team-leader, and best player are supposed to do?
And by the way, back when the Knicks were on nationwide at least twice a week, I spent every Tuesday night with my Knicks and Hubie Brown commentating. Hubie broke down the proper 45 degree angle for the entry pass on the bounce with correct pace. Greg Anthony and Charlie Ward used to execute to perfection and Ewing took advantage. That's how the fuck I know how to run the post game besides any of my gym rat experience. You know us good ole' boys from midwestern states like Missouri, Kansas, and Indiana pride ourselves about knowing a little something about hoops.
So you Marburysexuals are still hanging your hat on one playoff appearance with Steph leading us to getting swept in the first round??? Talk about lowered expectations. See the problem with you Marburysexuals is that whenever Steph's shortcomings are pointed out, you always bring up that the players around Steph suck. Its never Steph's fault. Its everyone else's fault. When is Steph going to take responsibilty for being the player the Knicks thought they were getting when they made Steph the 6th highest paid player in the league??? Since you like lists so much I made you a partial list of notable players that make less than Steph:

Tim Duncan
Lebron James
Baron Davis
Dirk
Paul Pierce
Ray Allen
Antwain Jamison
Joe Johnson

No matter what you think of Lebron James, he has shown the ability to put a poor team on his back and carry them deep into the playoffs. Steph has never shown the ability to do this for any team he has played for throughout his career. It is no coincidence teams get better when Steph leaves. Stop making excuses for him.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Another victim caught without his metrocard.

metrocard.jpg

He got his ass dragged out of the subway station and brought to the hospital.

What a stupid post by jimmy, most of the marbury haters on this site are the worst posters. Theres maybe one or two where you can see where there coming from with some of their criticism, but theres others who look to find every little thing they can and those are the posters that make idiots out of themselves.

Wow, you made your buddy his own logo??? You forgot to say (no homo)

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
only reason i see why there's actually marbury supporters is because they feel bad wit all the criticism he gets....cuz really the only year where he played great to me was the 06-07 season, played great defense throughout the whole year and was part of the reason to having curry almost an all star, also when jamal went down vintage marbury came back and started to drop buckets but he really has ego problems and if u dont see dat then obviously u blind or just plain a dickrider

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
only reason i see why there's actually marbury supporters is because they feel bad wit all the criticism he gets....cuz really the only year where he played great to me was the 06-07 season, played great defense throughout the whole year and was part of the reason to having curry almost an all star, also when jamal went down vintage marbury came back and started to drop buckets but he really has ego problems and if u dont see dat then obviously u blind or just plain a dickrider

Before that season Ill agree that he had ego/attitude problems but since 06-07 hes been a different person. Haters dont give him a pass for losing 3 people who were close to him and having surgery for his heel spurs. smh fukk outta here haters.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Before that season Ill agree that he had ego/attitude problems but since 06-07 hes been a different person. Haters dont give him a pass for losing 3 people who were close to him and having surgery for his heel spurs. smh fukk outta here haters.
Jpz17 wanted the Bobcats in the Fantasy Game Thread.

metrocard

Legend
Jim, you've demonstrated in the last year that you have the vocabulary of a incest victim 12 year old from the Midwest. English isn't even my first language and I still style on you. You should show some gratitude that I'm even replying to you.

Your arguement is still WRONG, because Crawford reached his 18-20 PPG range under Marbury. Curry reached his 18 ppg range because of Marbury and Isiah forcefeeding him minutes. You don't think Marbury's penatration ability makes the game easier for one dimensional guys like Crawford and Curry? I guess you're too busy watching the Bulls. I would love to send Curry and Crawford back to the pile of shit you call the Mid-west. Thats the problem with the Knicks; they have too many MIDWEST players. Midwest = PUSSY. We need rugged NYC dudes like Garcia, Artest, Brand etc.

Bottom line, you have to watch the games to understand. Marbury does the job; he gets the ball to Curry. It isn't Marbury's problem Curry is too soft and lacks the aggressiveness to finish plays or make the right decisions with the ball. Crawford is the worst decision maker in the NBA, not even Paul could save Crawford's confused ass.

Marbury is a NBA professional, he's mastered all the basic basketball skills; to question his ability is really ignorant. Every guard in the NBA knows how to complete an entry pass. LMAO, you make it seem like its an impossible skill. Marbury does 3-5 entry passes a game. Like I said, Curry can't be the man.

Making the playoffs is an accomplishment. Why are you hating on the team you "follow"? Nets were the best team in the East that year, everyone expected the Knicks to get swept; the Knicks were banged up and newly assembled team. We still made PROGRESS that season under Marbury and you can't deny that. Isiah ruined the PROGRESS by making bad decisions and not building the team efficiently.

Honestly, it isn't cool and makes you look fucking stupid for dropping "Marburysexual", just because I've tagged you an Isiahsexual. Could you atleast use your country small brain and be a little more creative next time?

Who the fuck said Marbury was better than Lebron? I guess that was your opportunity to suck more Midwest dick.

Marbury is the last man standing, Isiah lost. NYC - 929283 Midwest - 0

pat

Starter
This whole Marbury-wars thing is really getting old. We should just leave it at that and see what happens next season. If Marbury comes out, plays well, and takes the team to the playoffs nobody will say a word against him. If not, Marbury supporters will have to agree that they were wrong. As simple as that.

@Metro: There is just one thing you need to explain to me: why is it that you always say people who dislike MArbury are Isiahsexuals? Didn't Isiah bring Marbury in. To be perfectly honest with you: that was the time when my team mates started to make fun of me for being a Knicks fan.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Jim, you've demonstrated in the last year that you have the vocabulary of a incest victim 12 year old from the Midwest. English isn't even my first language and I still style on you. You should show some gratitude that I'm even replying to you.

Your arguement is still WRONG, because Crawford reached his 18-20 PPG range under Marbury. Curry reached his 18 ppg range because of Marbury and Isiah forcefeeding him minutes. You don't think Marbury's penatration ability makes the game easier for one dimensional guys like Crawford and Curry? I guess you're too busy watching the Bulls. I would love to send Curry and Crawford back to the pile of shit you call the Mid-west. Thats the problem with the Knicks; they have too many MIDWEST players. Midwest = PUSSY. We need rugged NYC dudes like Garcia, Artest, Brand etc.

Bottom line, you have to watch the games to understand. Marbury does the job; he gets the ball to Curry. It isn't Marbury's problem Curry is too soft and lacks the aggressiveness to finish plays or make the right decisions with the ball. Crawford is the worst decision maker in the NBA, not even Paul could save Crawford's confused ass.

Marbury is a NBA professional, he's mastered all the basic basketball skills; to question his ability is really ignorant. Every guard in the NBA knows how to complete an entry pass. LMAO, you make it seem like its an impossible skill. Marbury does 3-5 entry passes a game. Like I said, Curry can't be the man.

Making the playoffs is an accomplishment. Why are you hating on the team you "follow"? Nets were the best team in the East that year, everyone expected the Knicks to get swept; the Knicks were banged up and newly assembled team. We still made PROGRESS that season under Marbury and you can't deny that. Isiah ruined the PROGRESS by making bad decisions and not building the team efficiently.

Honestly, it isn't cool and makes you look fucking stupid for dropping "Marburysexual", just because I've tagged you an Isiahsexual. Could you atleast use your country small brain and be a little more creative next time?

Who the fuck said Marbury was better than Lebron? I guess that was your opportunity to suck more Midwest dick.

Marbury is the last man standing, Isiah lost. NYC - 929283 Midwest - 0

Its obvious the way you talk that English is your second is your second language. I won't sink to your level of insults because that shows your defeat. You can't think of any intelligent response so here come the insults. I won't adress the "Midwest" vs "New York" thing either because there is a high school hoops game every year for that. Learn about it. If you got the stones to call me an "Isiahsexual" even though I have never liked Isiah, then take your "Marburysexual" tag and like it as you are swinging off Steph's nuts. Keep on making excuses for Steph. Nobody said Marbury was better than Lebron, I was only making the point that there are players in the league that can carry a team, and Steph isn't one of them even though he is paid like one. Steph shares the blame with Isiah for ruining our franchise because they are the same guy: selfish with hyper-egos. At least Isiah managed to lead his team to back to back championships as a player. Steph cannot even manage a 1st round win as a player. Oh I forgot, its everyone else's fault, not Steph's.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
This war is worse than Iraq. Shit will never end... Until Marbury is finally traded and the Knicks immediately make it to the second round of the playoffs. :teeth: This team is such a disaster that it's tough to know where to begin. If both sides look past their hate and dickriderry you will see that the blame should be shared by Thomas, Curry, and Marbury. One down, two to go!

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
None of this even matters, regardless of how Marbury plays next year, he won't be on the team the following year. I've always liked his game, but at this point he and his contract are nothing but pawns. If he plays well, he'll be traded at the trading deadline, hopefully for some young talent and draft picks. If he doesn't play well, his contract expires at the end of the year, and we'll probably get another lottery pick. I think those are the only two possible outcomes...so all this bickering and speculation is pointless.

GetRealistic

Starter
None of this even matters, regardless of how Marbury plays next year, he won't be on the team the following year. I've always liked his game, but at this point he and his contract are nothing but pawns. If he plays well, he'll be traded at the trading deadline, hopefully for some young talent and draft picks. If he doesn't play well, his contract expires at the end of the year, and we'll probably get another lottery pick. I think those are the only two possible outcomes...so all this bickering and speculation is pointless.

Dead on my man. Hey MSG why did you start this thread again? To instigate stupid fights?

Also you claim to be his biggest fan due to a stetch of 15 games where he played well. The fact that he obviously has all the ability but chooses to turn it on and off instead of playing hard and consistant all the time is the reason why many people dislike him. Not to mention he's the highest paid, supposed team leader, and superstar of this team who never delivers in the clutch.

Nobody can deny his talent, even though lets be honest its nowhere near the level of what it used to (due to age so i can't hate on that) people hate on his character and leadership.

But i'm done with this arguement, atleast until training camp. Somebody should just close this thread.

Last edited:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
The fact that he obviously has all the ability but chooses to turn it on and off instead of playing hard and consistant all the time is the reason why many people dislike him. Not to mention he's the highest paid, supposed team leader, and superstar of this team who never delivers in the clutch.

Nobody can deny his talent, even though lets be honest its nowhere near the level of what it used to (due to age so i can't hate on that) people hate on his character and leadership.

pretty F*ckin much

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
question metro, hey even u MSG33, has marbury ever done wrong in ur eyes?

I shouldnt even answer a stupid question like this thats already been answered by me several times. His attitude and ego before the 06-07 season was for the most part not good. To say he didnt get along with any of his teammates is bullshit, but thats what you haters always say and dont try to deny that.

Dead on my man. Hey MSG why did you start this thread again? To instigate stupid fights?

Also you claim to be his biggest fan due to a stetch of 15 games where he played well. The fact that he obviously has all the ability but chooses to turn it on and off instead of playing hard and consistant all the time is the reason why many people dislike him. Not to mention he's the highest paid, supposed team leader, and superstar of this team who never delivers in the clutch.

But i'm done with this arguement, atleast until training camp. Somebody should just close this thread.

I started this thread because of alot of unfair hate directed at Marbury. Your post proves that your opinion carries no weight, claiming that marburys my favorite player because of a 15 game stretch. Its what he did the whole season, but mainly from Jan to April of 2007. Its also because of the great things he has done off the court. Even last year he never had a chance to get into shape but one of his last games against chicago he helped us win by makin a nice pass to david lee and hitting a 3 pointer after recovering a crawford turnover. Hes proven himself to be clutch several times.

People need to stop bringin up how much hes paid. And stop sayin this is marburys team, isiah made it clear that this is/was currys team. Some of you are very biased against marbury. Thats why i started this thread, if you dont like it stay the fukk out. Fukk outta here.

metrocard

Legend

Marbury is still capable of delivering an 18 - 7 season, possibly a 16 and 9 season under D'Antoni's system and if Curry is traded for a couple of shooters.

How can you lead an army if you don't have any soldiers? If there was a draft, Curry and Crawford wouldn't even make the lowest rank in the army; two biggest pussies in the NBA.