Reports Say Mike D may bring Pat back

New New York

Quiet Storm
Does this make any difference to any of you? It seems to me that maybe D'antoni has some faith in Eddy Curry, to me Pat would become the best big man coach in the league if he can get Curry to shed his weight, and get him to become even a respectable defensive player. Pat also becomes the teams defensive coach. Nothing to get too excited over, but hey it's been long overdue for Pat to return home.

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
Another screw up for Isiah,He trades away our draft picks gives Curry a long term deal knows that Chicago is getting rid of a 22 year old big man in the east that has known heart and weight problems and just forgets to put a clause in his contract about his weight,Even worse him and Jerome James could get up to 500 pounds and as long as they show up we have to pay them.I hope Patrick comes back and shows these 2 bums how a center in the east is supposed to play.And to be honest maybe if Dolan came out in public and gave Patrick his support and treated him like one of the best Knicks to ever play maybe I could get some hope back in him.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I have no hope for Eddy Curry. Curry sucks. Mike D'Antoni will have to figure this out the hard way. Curry can't play an uptempo style of basketball, because he's about 25 pounds overweight. Another reason why he can't play an uptempo style of basketball is because he has no jump shot, and he has very limited post up moves. Even when he's on the low post, you have to pray that Curry is in the restricted area, so that the refs will call a blocking foul on the defender. Otherwise, he'll either pass the ball to the opposing team, get stripped, pick up a 3 sec. violation, or charge into the person guarding him. His defense is terrible, and in order to succeed in an uptempo style, you have to be able to get back in transition. He's only 25 years old, but so what. He's been in this league for 7 years. Dwight Howard, Jermaine O' Neal, Kevin Garnett, and Amare Stoudamire all took less than 7 years to develop their all around game, and they came into the league straight out of high school.

dre48ny

Rotation player
It would be great if Ewing finally came home. Hey who knows this might set the stage for perhaps him being the Head coach later on. Curry might improve, but he still sucks. He is not the answer at center. If D'Antoni brings Ewing in, that is already his first good move in my opinion.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
...I want a new center for this team please. I want to see our current center or whatever he is traded for another center that can actually run the floor and play some DEFENSE. Not only that we need an elite PG that can run the floor, I am thinking the draft will be were the Knicks are going to look at for a PG talent.

Last edited:
IF Ewing comes back home, we MUST draft DeAndre Jordan! That way Ewing would beable to mold him into what a true center should be like. Also, If he does come back home and we still have Curry on the roster it would only help his game out aswell, only if the kid could actually drop some weight and show some dedication it would be a win win situation....Curry just needs someone worthy like Ewing to teach him properly, he has too much potential still in my eyes to just give up on him already.

Just take a look at whats going on over in LA with Bynum, dude is clearly getting better each year having Kareem and company show him the ropes. Jordan could be our Bynum IF Ewing comes along like i hope he will.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
From what I have read, D'Antoni has no intention in bringing Pat in as an assistant and Ewing felt snubbed for not even being interviewed for the head coaching position. So, I think we can forget about Ewing coming back any time soon.

Paul1355

All Star
he still can play

i hated curry during last season because the guy has great potential and just didnt want to use it. Isiah made those guys not want to play to thier full ability they didnt giv a shit about the team or Thomas but now wit D'Antoni it's different guys are excited to play this year especially Q-Rich who by the way, averaged i think 17 ppg last time playing with D'Antoni i wish he got near that last year...8 ppg (actually). D'Antoni might not be a savior but he will bring confidence to the knicks which is all they really need for a jump start in becoming a contender...and please someone please tell me why Renaldo Blkman is still playing basketball...by far the worst close shoot/dunker i have ever seen.

Ewing2008

Rookie
From what I have read, D'Antoni has no intention in bringing Pat in as an assistant and Ewing felt snubbed for not even being interviewed for the head coaching position. So, I think we can forget about Ewing coming back any time soon.

That's only half the story. There was report in Newsday from an unnamed person who said Ewing was upset. But D'Antoni said Ewing was a "great name" to be considered for the job. Nowhere did he say there is no intention of bringing in Ewing. Alan Hahn of Newsday said it was "unlikely" which is his opinion. These are the same people who kept hyping Mark Jackson as the #1 choice for head coach which turned out to be false. The Daily News article from Friday had D'Antoni stating, "I know what he did in New York and I know that he's done a good job since he left," D'Antoni said. "He will definitely be considered."

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Firstly, i dont want Ewing back playing second fiddle to this fuck D'Antoni, but if he did come back(and even if he didn't) CUrry will have a Great Season this coming season... Take it to the bank.. remember where ya heard it first.

Patrick should be the damn coach of this friggin team

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
If i was gm i wouldve picked mark jackson as head coach and patrick as assistant. If not mark jackson then avery johnson. Im not too high on dantoni, i think we can win some games with him as coach but I heard an analyst say earlier today that the uptempo offensive teams are all gone. Its teams that play hard on defense that are left.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
I guess sum1 forgot to give Walsh that memo about uptempo teams. I didn't like Zeke's job as Coach, the team rallied around him in 06-07 and then shitted on him and his non-vision for the team this year. I blame him for not having a vision and sticking to it. With that said, this same, with no changes made, same roster, could win 35-40 games with a good coach. So the Fuck D'Antoni should get the wins(maybe if he actually is a good coach) but even if he does get them to win 35 or so games or even 50 in a few years, I still don't see him as the man who will take the Knicks to a championship, he's the new Rick Adelman lol

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
co-sign bklyn

d'antoni said he can coach defense but thats what led to him leaving phoenix. Steve Kerr wanted him to coach more defense. D'antoni said he coached the style that fit his players best but raja bell is a very good defender. Shawn Marion was a good defender, amare has the tools to be a good defender. I dont believe d'antoni or should i say d'anphony. I hope he proves me wrong, as our coach im not rooting against him.

Another thing i dont like about mike macaroni is he co-signed the shaq trade. Shaq gets blamed too much for phoenix losing but with the matrix i believe they wouldve at least been more competitive against the spurs.

I think he can lead us to more wins but i also think he can lead us to a yearly exit in the 2nd round of the playoffs. The knicks havent won a championship since 73, and as a fan thats what i want more then anything. I wish the knicks organization felt the same way. Apparently Walsh has lost his touch. I like the pacers teams of the 90's, they were very tough defensivly. I thought he would build the same type of team in NY. I guess i was wrong.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
co-sign bklyn

d'antoni said he can coach defense but thats what led to him leaving phoenix. Steve Kerr wanted him to coach more defense. D'antoni said he coached the style that fit his players best but raja bell is a very good defender. Shawn Marion was a good defender, amare has the tools to be a good defender. I dont believe d'antoni or should i say d'anphony. I hope he proves me wrong, as our coach im not rooting against him.

Another thing i dont like about mike macaroni is he co-signed the shaq trade. Shaq gets blamed too much for phoenix losing but with the matrix i believe they wouldve at least been more competitive against the spurs.

I think he can lead us to more wins but i also think he can lead us to a yearly exit in the 2nd round of the playoffs. The knicks havent won a championship since 73, and as a fan thats what i want more then anything. I wish the knicks organization felt the same way. Apparently Walsh has lost his touch. I like the pacers teams of the 90's, they were very tough defensivly. I thought he would build the same type of team in NY. I guess i was wrong.

Agreed. Nice post man. I didn't want D'Antoni here because I don't believe his style will ever win a championship. When everybody else figures that out we'll have to rebuild again to a more defensive team. But, D'Antoni is our coach and I'm willing to support him for now and let him get the players that fit his system. I hope he proves us wrong.