Sheed is a piston

Swifftey

Benchwarmer
aw fuck it, i was really hoping to get him... well at least we still have a chance to get him on summer...

allan20

Benchwarmer
Nick:It's getting late. Rasheed to Detroit: on or off? I think Atlanta and Boston are sensing the urgency in the Pistons and trying to milk all they can from them, and that's the stall. Might Artest's injury be a factor for Dumars ultimately deciding to take the conservative route?

Chad Ford: (1:01 PM ET ) They're still talking. I just talked to sources in two of those cities and they're still trying to hammer a deal out. I'm not sure what the odds are, but it's encouraging that they're still talking. Here's a possibility that works based on a few tidbits that I've picked up. Again, just to be clear, nothing is done yet.

Pistons get: Rasheed Wallace

Celtics get: Chucky Atkins, Lindsey Hunter and a No. 1

Hawks get: Chris Mills, Zeljko Rebraca, Bob Sura, Mike James and a Pistons No. 1

That's the best I can do right now. If I hear anything concrete or definitive, I'll let you know. These deals are very tricky and there isn't much incentive for Atlanta or Boston to do it, but it sounds like the Pistons are trying hard to make it happen.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=4819

looks like a done deal to me.
oh well, i'm pretty much satisfied with the way our team looks right now, the last piece i'd like to see would be doley back

allan20

Benchwarmer
here's the official source too:
ESPN.com said:
DETROIT -- Rasheed Wallace moved to the Detroit Pistons in a three-team trade Thursday after playing just one game for the Atlanta Hawks.

Atlanta acquired Wallace from Portland last week.

In a deal put together shortly before Thursday's NBA trading deadline, the Pistons sent center Zeljko Rebraca, guard Bob Sura and a first-round draft pick to the Hawks. Detroit also sent guards Lindsey Hunter and Chucky Atkins and cash to the Boston Celtics.

The Pistons received guard Mike James from the Celtics.

Portland sent Wallace and reserve Wesley Person to Atlanta for Shareef Abdur-Rahim and two other players Feb. 9.

The Pistons figure Wallace, who's averaging 17.1 points and 6.6 rebounds, can provide frontcourt help for the playoffs. They had the best record in the East last season but were swept by the New Jersey Nets in the conference finals.

Under first-year coach Larry Brown, Detroit is 34-22 and in second place in the Central Division.

In his eighth NBA season, Wallace's contract and turbulent history made him a prime trade candidate this season. He's in the final year of a contract that pays him $17 million this season.

Wallace was called for a league-record 41 technical fouls in the 2000-01 season. Last season, he and teammate Damon Stoudamire were cited in Washington state on marijuana charges while returning from a game in Seattle.

Then the NBA suspended Wallace for seven games for threatening an official on an arena loading dock after a home game. That was the longest NBA suspension for something that didn't involve physical contact or substance abuse.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1739128

e_D

Benchwarmer
dammit. Stupid Pistons. I guess we wait till summer and hope dumars wont offer Sheed a maximum contract extension. i guess the remaining knicks are safe now.

jayp

Benchwarmer
lets hope we finish at least fourth in the playoff race so rasheed would get attracted to the knicks.. if the pistons get to the finals though i think he'd stay with them.. :afro: