baron davis to new york???

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spknix235699209may23,0,5837452.story

if new york manages to get barron or monte ellis i would b excited...i would trade our pick for monte ellis.....b.diddy for starburry....pull the trigger n continue the rise of big name, big city teams

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
(Lil Jon Yell)

The only issue is the cap. In order to bring in Baron we've got to get him in a long term contract, I'm thinking 5 to 6 years. He turns 30 next season and will make 17 million. If we get Davis ether Marbury or Crawford and Randolph will have to go, but we will definitely be more competitive.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
smh @ this thread

Baron Davis=overrated

Once he loses his step hes done, at age 29 it wont be long.

Monta Ellis = plays ZERO defense

Do you know what happens to teams that play no defense? They get eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs every year.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
So you would trade the 6 pick in da draft str8 up for monte ellis... REALLY? C'mon now Really? I know you didnt mean that

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Baron Davis is good, but the Knicks already have two point guards: Marbury and Robinson. The Knicks should just draft a center, and trade Curry, or draft a point guard and trade Curry with Nate Robinson, or draft a powerforward and trade Curry with Lee.

nyk24

Rookie
Remember a few years ago when everyone got excited about a 29 year old Marbury was traded to the Knicks? Sounds eerily familiar, no?

The only way Baron Davis should come here is if we trade Randolph/Curry, Jared Jeffries, and the 6th pick for him along with the 14th pick... I'd take Monta Ellis if they'd give him up. We'd have a good player with the pick, a future starting shooting guard in Ellis and some cap room after Davis' contract ends.

donchris

Like many teams that have traded Marbury the Knicks will get better. They can easily trade Marbury out right for Davis and a bench player then resign Davis to a four year contract. (Do you think Labron wouldn't want to play with Davis?)

Make no mistake Baron Davis is in the top five among point guards in the league.

Chris Paul
Baron Davis
Steve Nash
Tony Parker
Deron Williams

Toons

is the Bo$$
So you would trade the 6 pick in da draft str8 up for monte ellis... REALLY? C'mon now Really? I know you didnt mean that

maybe im a bit excited that baron and monte might be interested in playin in new york.....i want us to draft klove or the italian kid, i dont want steph in new york....he dosent want to be here...trade steph for baron

msg, i wont even entertain that stupid comment about his age....in 4 years, he wil lbe 33...so what...what r u tryna say? jordan won championships at 33....kobe is is his 30's so is allen iverson....just because younger guys are comming in the league, dont think that 29 is old for basketball

DriuBlue

Rookie
Ok guys...I speak from Italy and I want to ask you a thing...if we could keep BARON DAVIS(I like him very much)... couldn't we trade him to Miami + CURRY ???

everybody of us know that Wade wants to return to the east conference SEMIFINALS immediately and that Riley likes more expert players than rookies...
So Miami would have a very competitive starting five:

-BARON DAVIS
-WADE
-MARION
-HASLEM
-CURRY

In this way we could take Rose or Beasley immediately...Is it possible in your opinion?

Toons

is the Bo$$
also he is 6th in the nba in assists...
2nd in the nba in steals
8th in points
call those stats overrated

DriuBlue

Rookie
In this way... trading only marbury for davis we could have the 2? pick and keep our 6? pick... Not so bad i think...but, is it possible?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
msg, i wont even entertain that stupid comment about his age....in 4 years, he wil lbe 33...so what...what r u tryna say? jordan won championships at 33....kobe is is his 30's so is allen iverson....just because younger guys are comming in the league, dont think that 29 is old for basketball

Did marbury knife your pops or sumthin? Hes been sayin since january that he wants to stay in NY

Some players dont lose their hops til later, this rarely happens. Vince Carter is 31 and hes slowin down. Baron Davis is injury prone, as he will lose some explosiveness he wont be as effective. All his numbers will decrease.

also he is 6th in the nba in assists...
2nd in the nba in steals
8th in points
call those stats overrated

He should average more assists with the way the warriors play. That dont even matter, why would you trade marburys expiring? it dont make sense and i dont want monta ellis on this team, especially for a #6 pick. We can do better then that. As good as monta is on offense hes a terrible defender. Hes turnover prone, and a bad 3 point shooter.

If we traded Z-bo and someone else for him it would make some sense because he does have an expiring but GS is not that stupid and we'd be stuck with 2 point guards.

This report aint even true anyways

http://nationalpost.pa-sportsticker....2481211578474A

Agent: Davis wants to stay with Warriors
PA SportsTicker
Published: Friday, May 23, 2008

Golden State Warriors point guard Baron Davis apparently does not want to test the open market.

A spokeswoman for Davis' agent, Todd Ramasar, told PA SportsTicker that the two-time All-Star wants to remain with the Warriors, refuting a report published earlier Friday.

Davis, 29, is scheduled to make $17.8 million next season - the final year of a six-year, $84 million contract he signed with the New Orleans Hornets in July 2002.

Citing an anonymous source with knowledge of the situation, Newsday reported that Davis has inquired into the interest of other teams - including the New York Knicks, who covet a point guard to run new coach Mike D'Antoni's fast-paced offense.

But Kristi Roehm, an employee of Life Sports Management (Ramasar's agency), denied the newspaper report.

"It's purely speculation," said Roehm, LSM's director of public relations.

mynameis

Benchwarmer
forget about monta ellis..nate robinson will eat monta ellis any given day...monta ellis is don nelson type of player that's why monta is racking up points..You put nate on neslon system he will burn you 30 pts a game....

King Ewing

Banned
smh @ this thread

Baron Davis=overrated

Monta Ellis = plays ZERO defense

Do you know what happens to teams that play no defense? They get eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs every year.

BINGO.....

pat

Starter
smh @ this thread

Baron Davis=overrated

I don't think so. He has enough upper body strength to post up against smaller guards and I like his court vision. I wouldn't give up to much for him though.

However, if the Knicks consider signing a free agent in 2010 they not only need cap space, but also a convincing supporting cast.

donchris

Did marbury knife your pops or sumthin? Hes been sayin since january that he wants to stay in NY

Some players dont lose their hops til later, this rarely happens. Vince Carter is 31 and hes slowin down. Baron Davis is injury prone, as he will lose some explosiveness he wont be as effective. All his numbers will decrease.

He should average more assists with the way the warriors play. That dont even matter, why would you trade marburys expiring? it dont make sense and i dont want monta ellis on this team, especially for a #6 pick. We can do better then that. As good as monta is on offense hes a terrible defender. Hes turnover prone, and a bad 3 point shooter.

If we traded Z-bo and someone else for him it would make some sense because he does have an expiring but GS is not that stupid and we'd be stuck with 2 point guards.

This report aint even true anyways

http://nationalpost.pa-sportsticker....2481211578474A

Got to disagree with you on this one. Drop your allegiance to Marbury. I understand he's got an expiring contract and all but trading him for Davis is a chance for us to make a major improvement. If Davis is falling off then what is Marbury doing? D'Antoni can really change the team to a Sun's like squad with Davis. Davis is a better Steve Nash.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Got to disagree with you on this one. Drop your allegiance to Marbury. I understand he's got an expiring contract and all but trading him for Davis is a chance for us to make a major improvement. If Davis is falling off then what is Marbury doing? D'Antoni can really change the team to a Sun's like squad with Davis. Davis is a better Steve Nash.

Drop you hatred towards Marbury. I dont like the idea of making moves to win now. I would hope donnie would be smart enough to re-sign baron when his contract expires but i already closed this thread anyways, the reports not even true.

Marbury hasnt been able to condition himself properly coming into the past couple of seasons because of heel spurs. Hes gonna come ready to play in November, i think alot of people will be suprised by how well he plays. His contract expires after this year. We should be building for the future, now for right now. Fukk a baron davis.