Curry Trade

jpz17

Starter
Heres a look at the Eddy Curry trade 3 years later

Chicago gets​
  • A 2006 #2 first round pick (Lamarcus Aldridge) (Brandon Roy and Rudy Gay were still in the draft then too)
  • A 2007 #9 pick (Joakim Noah) (T YOung Thorton Julian Wright Sean Will were still there)
  • Mike Sweeney (8pts a game with Chicago the season after the trade)
  • Tim Thomas (11 ppg 11 ppg 12 ppg 12 ppg in season after Knicks)
  • Jermaine Jackson (Sucks.. wan't a loss)
New York Gets​
  • A #23 first round pick (Wilson Chandler)
  • Antonio Davis (1 year in NYK, 5 ppg) (Later traded for Jalen Rose)
  • Eddy Curry
Just thought I'd recap what that trade was

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks also lost their 2007 and 2009 second round picks, as part of the Eddy Curry trade. Kyrylo Fesenko(a center from the Ukraine) was drafted with the Knicks' 2007 second round pick, by the Philadelphia 76ers(the pick was given to the 76ers from the Bulls, and the Bulls got the pick from the Knicks).

Last edited:

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
I hope we see a lot of Curry,Jerome James,Q Rich,Zach Randolph.And I hope there all healthy and get plenty of minutes so just maybe we can increase there value and possible get something for them or even just get some expiring contracts.I have no problem taking one step back to take three steps forward and start rebuilding the right way.We now have a guy running the team that other GMs will deal with.

What?

I hope we see a lot of Curry,Jerome James,Q Rich,Zach Randolph.And I hope there all healthy and get plenty of minutes so just maybe we can increase there value and possible get something for them or even just get some expiring contracts.I have no problem taking one step back to take three steps forward and start rebuilding the right way.We now have a guy running the team that other GMs will deal with.
:barf:

The only reason I would like to see those guy's playing in any of this years upcomming games is if we're tanking the season to get another high draft pick next year! If these guy's are fetured the only thing thats going to happen is that their going to drop in trade value because they will prove to be consistant at a few things, like slowing down,getting fat,jacking shots and oh yeah being losers! That ought to net us something good in a trade? Other GM's might be willing to deal with D'antonie before they would deal with Isiah why? They new they could rape Isaih? I'm sure they don't think the same of D'antonie. Unfortunetly we are stuck with a bunch of over paid losers on this roster that nobody else wants. If Donnie Walsh and Mike D'antonie can pull off a few trades to dump some salary and get a draft pick or two I'd consider this year a success no matter what our final season record was.

:beer:

Paul1355

All Star
Curry is a waste of talent if he ever stepped it up like that one season with NY wen he averaged 20 ppg the knicks could be decent..and yea he has to block a few shots too

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
So what are you saying you would rather have these players sit around and have no value at all and be stuck with them for there whole contracts.If we can play them and they produce anything we can get out of these contracts hopefully.And as far as you saying GMs dealt with Isiah thats just being ignorant GMs dealt with Isiah just to get rid of what they didnt want.So let me word this correctly we now have people running things that GMs will deal with correctly and we wont get FUC**D.

jzero29

Rotation player
curry trade a disaster

Curry has potential, but so do all those other players, a couple of years from now, we'll see all those draft picks, become better players.
Not only that, those drafted players total salary probably is in the neighborhood of currys.
Isiah, commited to a center, Jerome James, throwing Big contract at him, then basically gives up on him and trades future gets curry and gives him a big contract. Thats two big contracts at same position, how do you balance a team with that kind of Log jam at center and salary? Maybe james would have tried to be in better shape if he new he would be playing. Or maybe playing would have gotten him into shape. Curry trade a disatster at this point. If he drops a couple Lbs, and can run in D'antonis system, he may become an okay player, but last year was horrible. Actually since he got snuffed for allstar 2 seasons ago he's been pretty bad.

Paul1355

All Star
when i say curry has potential i mean better than his 20 ppg season he dominates the post. when he gets pisssed off he owns that post and the only guy i've seen guard him good is Emeka Okafor and Curry still scored alot he can be a great offensive Center but his knee injury might bite him in the future because knee injuries usually do...and he's a big guy so injury prone makes it more likely with his weight...only Curry and Shaq can power their way in a post with no one stopping them..But if curry doesn't step up he's no use and no desire to be better is just wasted talent.

metrocard

Legend
^ Potential means nothing We don't need quotes from Isiahexuals two years ago.

Curry never avg 20 ppg official, and that season he gave up 30-40 ppg on defense. Worst season I ever seen from a center defensively.

Paul1355

All Star
i never mentioned his defense i mentioned his post offense which can be incredible becuase no one can stop him he averaged 19 ppg (sorry my calculation were way off) he does have to improve defense extremely but a strong post man who can score that much can always make a team deadly.

metrocard

Legend
i never mentioned his defense i mentioned his post offense which can be incredible becuase no one can stop him he averaged 19 ppg (sorry my calculation were way off) he does have to improve defense extremely but a strong post man who can score that much can always make a team deadly.

He stops himself with his prone ability for turnovers. Curry is a terrible first option. He doesn't create for others and force plays that aren't there.

He isn't Shaq, so get that out of your head..

Curry isn't even strong, he just has a fatass that takes up space. Curry doesn't dunk the ball with force. Curry has god-gifted agility. Carlos Boozer and Ron Artest ARE STRONG, Curry is just an agile 6"11 fatass.

Randolph, Crawford, and Curry need to go if want to start winning games.

Paul1355

All Star
hes a good post center and thats how he had that good season with 19 a game but hes gotta be in the post he just doesnt live up to his potential which is sad and why he might have to go if he doesnt step it up

metrocard

Legend
Curry is a one dimensional post center. He's probably the worst in the NBA at decision making in the post. We could have a great offense if Curry knew when to find the open guy and not force plays that aren't there.