LA and Boston...YESSSS... Where the hell is NEW YORK?!!

Blumatic

Rotation player
This is the match up ladies and gentlemen. What a series this will be. Big markets, tradition, star power, on the line for a championship. It does not get any better.

This one of the best times in basketball in recent history. Remember that god awful Spurs-Nets, Spurs-Pistons, Spurs-Cavs, (wow the Spurs have the worst NBA Finals).

This is great. I hope this series is as good as the Superbowl...GO GIANTS, YESSSSS.

Yet my heart is saddened. The New York Knicks are no where to be found. Even the Bulls found greatness in the post-season.

I feel like we are missing the boat on a great era in the NBA. I know management has changed but I still blame the past 2 regimes for where we are now.

But hey who knows. Anything can happen. But we have to place ourselves in a position to do what LA and Boston did. LA has a star player, Boston has cap room unfotunately we have nothing right now.

Chicago sucks, Miami suck and pacers suck too, may be those team will bring back another era with us.

Oh well, this will be a great series.

ENJOY THE FINALS.....GO KNICKS

Paul1355

All Star
I want Boston to win

how can you be from NY and want a Boston team to win?

GO Lakers Kobe is one of the best ever, he deserves another ring... he did it all this season. I feel sorry for KG, Pierce, and Allen if they weren't playing for the celts i'd prob cheer for them too but the team makes a dif becuase I HATE Boston.

jpz17

Starter
Well I don't hate them because I'm used to them sucking for the past years.. and I like Ray Allen.. and I like Rondo.. I hate Kobe, he kills the Knicks and he is always the center of attention in MSG when he comes.. also he is supposed to be a Knicks, which makes me mad

Paul1355

All Star
yea kobe as a knick would be something but I'm just one of those fans that wants celtic,patriot,bruin, and red sox fans to just get the hell out of the country lol

jpz17

Starter
haha nice.. I agree about the Red Sox and Pats thing, I don't care about the Bruins, and Celtics I don't care either

Akamu

The King
New York is still stuck in the mudd trying to pull out ...watching the Knicks this season reminded me of the Harlem Globetrotters. WE ARE the Washington Generals of the NBA (yea I said it) losing pretty much every game while the other teams make fools out of us, and also having their crappy players look like all-stars!

I don't like Boston, but I always liked Ray Allen (sharpshooter and can dunk in people's face if he wants) and Kevin Garnett (his passion for the game is contagious, he's straight beast!) when I herd they were playing together I was waiting on the season to start. Not to mention Paul Pierce, he's a mad-scientist on the court.

I haven't watched much basketball in years (too heart crushing) but that gave me a reason to watch something. I am glad they are in the finals I never thought Ray Allen was gonna get his chance and I thought Kevin Garnett would retire as a T'Wolve, if anyone deserves a ring it's KG-

Kiyaman

Legend
Lakers vs Celtics 2008

This Lakers vs Celtics matchup was seen early in the regular season when Bynum had consistent star performances in 15 straight games. With Kwame being a huge help as a backup.

The Celtics put together 3 of the top-15 (4th quarter) players in the NBA, that plays BIG when the game is on the line (KG, Pierce, Ray) . What these 3-players put together with coach Doc Rivers in the offseason was outstanding B-Ball designed to be the best defensive-rotation in the regular season. The Celtics did not practice or design anything for a Postseason series in the offseason or during their regular season practice, they just worked on winning in the regular season. Which maybe scary now for Westcoast Fans, because Coach Doc Rivers, the Big-3, and the Big-Game Role-Players had a week-off to just practice on Postseason-Defense vs Coach Phil Jax - Kobe Lakers in a series.

The Lakers coach Phil Jackson and MVP Kobe Bryant have twice the amount of Postseason experience wins than this Celtics team. Having Players Fisher, Odom, and Gasol performing at the top level in the postseason with the bench role-players following in pursuit mode only gives "Phil & Kobe" more creative amunition to work with.

At the start of the Postseason Games, I said the Finals will be the Lakers in 6. Now that the Boston BIG-3 have a week off to practice it is hard to say the outcome over how well the Boston BIG-3 in the offseason got their Roster to achieve a 66-16 season.

This is how I know that Knick-Fans had way to much of Isiah Thomas in New York.
In other forums you have several Knick-Fans which was silly enough to match a "TOP" veteran playoff experience Fisher to a young upcomming Rondo as an even matchup. I feel they need to watch more Postseason Series games before making such a comment (the Knicks need to make the playoffs for these fans). So far within this Postseason Fisher's main duties were on oponents " Iverson, Deron, and Parker ", must I say any more...

Starks

Starter
I got no shame in rooting for Boston.

They represent the East, our division, and have one of the most hardest working athletes any of us will ever see in our lives in Garnett. No one in the NBA is more deserving of a ring.

Either way, this series will be one of the best the league has had in years. No one wanted another dull Spurs series.

Paul1355

All Star
the celtics look extremely good now with Allen scoring again...rondo doing his thing and perkins playin great in the post. But this lakers team isn't gonna take shit and if anyone wants a ring again it's Kobe this guy will do anything and the celtics guarding him is obviously the X-factor. The thing is i don't think pierce can stop Kobe...i dont think anyone can really to were kobe won't do alot of damage not only shooting wise but drawing so many fouls and making all the shots and now becoming more of a distributor which will drive Garnett insane seeing Gasol and possibly Bynum( not sure if he's back yet) getting open. Kobe will drive the lane, get double teamed, and pass to an open guy and the lakers will burry the celts on offense...it's all about kobe. and the celts offense has to be better than ever because this lakers team isn't a Cavaliers team with just Lebron and by the way seeing Lebron almost beat this celtic team basically by himself made me wonder how good this celtic team really is right now. i know there in the championship but kobe is better than lebron and help with two other all stars i just dont see the celts winning this one. Even if bynum isn't back im picking the Lakers because Perkins is doing great but u can't gurantee him to dominate every game and if Bynum comes back all i can say is that perkins might look a little worse due to the fact that there is two 7 foot guys in that post. Kobe, fisher and radmonovic on the outside, Gasol and Bynum in the post...they should beat them in 6 max.

Allen

Benchwarmer
the celtics look extremely good now with Allen scoring again...rondo doing his thing and perkins playin great in the post. But this lakers team isn't gonna take shit and if anyone wants a ring again it's Kobe this guy will do anything and the celtics guarding him is obviously the X-factor. The thing is i don't think pierce can stop Kobe...i dont think anyone can really to were kobe won't do alot of damage not only shooting wise but drawing so many fouls and making all the shots and now becoming more of a distributor which will drive Garnett insane seeing Gasol and possibly Bynum( not sure if he's back yet) getting open. Kobe will drive the lane, get double teamed, and pass to an open guy and the lakers will burry the celts on offense...it's all about kobe. and the celts offense has to be better than ever because this lakers team isn't a Cavaliers team with just Lebron and by the way seeing Lebron almost beat this celtic team basically by himself made me wonder how good this celtic team really is right now. i know there in the championship but kobe is better than lebron and help with two other all stars i just dont see the celts winning this one. Even if bynum isn't back im picking the Lakers because Perkins is doing great but u can't gurantee him to dominate every game and if Bynum comes back all i can say is that perkins might look a little worse due to the fact that there is two 7 foot guys in that post. Kobe, fisher and radmonovic on the outside, Gasol and Bynum in the post...they should beat them in 6 max.

They said the samething about how Detroit couldn't stop Kobe during their championship series and look how that turned out. It seems people keep forgeting that Defense wins championships.

pat

Starter
I got no shame in rooting for Boston.

They represent the East, our division, and have one of the most hardest working athletes any of us will ever see in our lives in Garnett. No one in the NBA is more deserving of a ring.

Either way, this series will be one of the best the league has had in years. No one wanted another dull Spurs series.

Well said. I feel exactly the same way. Although -- as I said before in another thread -- rooting is a bit strong.