Allan Houston back to the Knicks?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Mayo has a really good jumper shot he could shoot the lights out weather its mid-range or threes he got it

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
idk what deadly shooting is to ya but deadly shootin to me is ray allen, allan houston back in da day, michael redd...... mayo to me is a good shooter but definately not a deadly shooter

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
well i agree he's no ray allen but u def can't leave him open on the perimeter cause he will make you pay...i mean Kobe is the same way you can't leave him open and Kobe is a deadly shooter ( i am not comparing Mayo's shot to Kobe's im just making a point)

we arent getting mayo unless we trade up and i d rather trade for an additional pick rather than a higher pick
mayo is good i dont see him being dominant tho... at least not for a while

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Mayo has the most NBA ready game of anyone in this draft his scoring is there his defense is there and most importantly his body is there which is something most rookies gotta develop coming into the their rookie seasons and he got all three of those he's my favorite for R.O.Y

i never said he woldnt be good right away maybe he will win ROY but i dont think he will be dominant for a while i think alot of people are over estimating him

I don't see how that could be detrimental to the team. The man is a Knick, a veteran winner, terrific shooter, good locker room guy...
He would probably still be a very good spot up shooter for 10-15min.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i never said he woldnt be good right away maybe he will win ROY but i dont think he will be dominant for a while i think alot of people are over estimating him

i know im just saying that he'll be ready to contribute big dividends to whatever team drafts him almost immediately...and could make the all-star team his second year or so...just saying this guy got all the tools to be successful in his this league

yea hell be successful but to be honest id rather take someone that would be successful at a more commanding position... id rather have a successful pg or big man any day... you can always find a sg that can score (we have one) now im not saying i love crawford cuz i dont but he can score and mayo will be way better
but id rather a young point that can control a game make the players aroun d him better and lead his team (westbrook)
in my mind mayo will never be a point

metrocard

Legend
idk what deadly shooting is to ya but deadly shootin to me is ray allen, allan houston back in da day, michael redd...... mayo to me is a good shooter but definately not a deadly shooter

Mayo shot as good as those guys in their freshman year in college; Mayo has a perfect jumpshot form and gets alot of elevation on his jumpshot.

Mayo was a 20 ppg in scorer because of his footwork, jumpshooting and his ability to use his skill over his athleticism; not only Mayo is an elite athlete; he's consider one of the best and probably the best overall player because of the variety skills he posses.

You could be a GREAT athlete and a deadly shooter; look at Kobe.

Houston was a one dimensional player. Granted he was among the best in the league at that dimension but to bring him back now at his age is neither here nor there. I dunno where this idea of him being a leader is coming from unless you want to say that he's a good guy and that's what makes him a leader.

Houston was a quiet, background type when it came to leadership. Nobody in that Knick locker room is gonna even flinch when Allan walks in there so I don't see how his veteran presence is going to make a difference. Watching Ray Allen in the playoffs this year I was remembering debates that were had back in the day over who was better Houston or Allen? Not even close, Ray just punched his ticket into the hall of fame. Seattle to this day loves the guy and for the majority of his time there the Sonics were a losing team. That is a veteran leader for ya.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Houston was a one dimensional player. Granted he was among the best in the league at that dimension but to bring him back now at his age is neither here nor there. I dunno where this idea of him being a leader is coming from unless you want to say that he's a good guy and that's what makes him a leader.

Houston was a quiet, background type when it came to leadership. Nobody in that Knick locker room is gonna even flinch when Allan walks in there so I don't see how his veteran presence is going to make a difference. Watching Ray Allen in the playoffs this year I was remembering debates that were had back in the day over who was better Houston or Allen? Not even close, Ray just punched his ticket into the hall of fame. Seattle to this day loves the guy and for the majority of his time there the Sonics were a losing team. That is a veteran leader for ya.

Finally someone tells the truth on this site about Allan Houston.

Took a long ass time, but finally. Someone has told the damned truth about his ass. The man had ONE...great KNICKS moment and people forget about all the times Sprewell and Camby came in and saved his ass. If Allan Houston was the great KNICK player alot of people here thin he was....how fast did the KNICKS decline without Sprewell and Camby?

Allan Houston in my view will always be shit. Constantly costing us games on the defensive end. Never enough hustle from him. Not even going to bring up that bloated fucking contract he got, and there is no one on this earth who can defend it cept maybe Don King.

One moment of greatness, don't make you a great KNICK player. Even Scott Brooks had a few bright moments for the KNICKS and people ain't feeling all warm about number 4.