Well Lets forget about ever trading Zach Randolp, o'l boy has been club fighting!

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://www.portlandtribune.com/sports/story.php?story_id=121338293042930300

Well I have to hand it to Isiah he really knew how to pick them both on and off the court! It appears that Zach has gotten himself into another club scuffle (No one knows how to knuckle up like those Hoops Family Boys!). Although this throw down was only 50 heads thumping as oppossed to the 100 from May, Zach's involvement is bad enough that he could still see prosecution! Hopefully the trial can begin right smack in the middle of training camp to keep the streak alive! Now did you know that the brawl in May was a result of Zach and Qyntel Woods (Yes that Qyntel Woods,still alive Knick fans) spotting a dude who they thought was an informant in Q Wood's dog fighting case (take that Vick Q Woods beat his jail time). Now Big Up to Zach's lawyers for the out of court settlement on this case to prevent public exposure,but don't worry it wasnt hidden at all from the GM's in the NBA. This is proof that Dolan is just a damn dumb owner, remember when the Bucks GM who was just as dumb as Isiah wanted to trade for Zach it was their owner who blocked the deal because of Zach's off the court trouble, if only our owner was that smart! Well lets start taking offers for D. Lee, unless we move Zach's max contract to the bench with our two MLE's. Please let's call MO Cheeks while their is still a prayer of getting Zach moved

Seriously what the hell is up with Zach? Why can't he just chill with his money and be cool. Look I'm not trying to judge this dude, but as a fan of The Knicks I can't help but be pissed at him for this. We all have family in the Game and as you know trouble just seems to find them at times, but this dude needs to realize that since everytime he hits the Clubs in Portland a fight breaks out, then maybe he should just use some wisdom and party elsewhere! Who knows maybe this is a blessing, maybe he stars in D'antoni's system next year so not being able to trade him will work out for the best.....lets just hope so, because one thing is for certain he is a Knick for better or worst now.

jpz17

Starter
We all knew he had attitude problems when they got him.. But we hoped they would go away. Looks like they didn't

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I still think the Knicks should get rid of Eddy Curry, before they get rid of Zach Randolph. So if we can't trade Randolph, that just increases the odds that the Knicks will trade Curry. I have no problem with that. Randolph works hard on his game, so I'm sure he'll be ready for next year, if he's still a Knick. Randolph has playoff experience(as limited as it is) so I'm sure he'll play well under D'Antoni's system, given the opportunity to show what he can do. Especially considering the fact that he's going to play alongside Starbury and our #6 pick.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I would for sure move Zach before Eddy here is why....

The reason I say get rid of Zach before Eddy is that one Eddy's contract is a little more managable. Two, Eddy is a true Center in a league where they are few and far between. Now before some of you get your panties all balled up, I'm not saying that Eddy is a complete Center by no means, nor am I saying he shoule be considered untradable, I'm just saying he is the only Center we have. Finally my third reason for dumping Z-Bo is that we have David Lee coming off the bench when he should be starting. David Lee needs the ball much less than Zachary which is a major plus on a team with players that all need the ball to be effective.

Back to Curry; I think if used right he can be an effective player, I don't think he is the franchise player that Isiah traded for, but used as a decoy type player to draw double teams and to dump off to in penetration he could be solid. To me if Eddy averaged 14pts and 8 rebs 1blk then that's all we'll ever need from him. Now that may seem unrealistic but that is only one more rebound per game than his first season w/ Isiah the coach, five less points (again I think he would due us more good not to have to score as much) and ofcourse that seemingly impossible 1blk per game would atleast warrant some respect for his D.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The reason I say get rid of Zach before Eddy is that one Eddy's contract is a little more managable. Two, Eddy is a true Center in a league where they are few and far between. Now before some of you get your panties all balled up, I'm not saying that Eddy is a complete Center by no means, nor am I saying he shoule be considered untradable, I'm just saying he is the only Center we have. Finally my third reason for dumping Z-Bo is that we have David Lee coming off the bench when he should be starting. David Lee needs the ball much less than Zachary which is a major plus on a team with players that all need the ball to be effective.

Back to Curry; I think if used right he can be an effective player, I don't think he is the franchise player that Isiah traded for, but used as a decoy type player to draw double teams and to dump off to in penetration he could be solid. To me if Eddy averaged 14pts and 8 rebs 1blk then that's all we'll ever need from him. Now that may seem unrealistic but that is only one more rebound per game than his first season w/ Isiah the coach, five less points (again I think he would due us more good not to have to score as much) and ofcourse that seemingly impossible 1blk per game would atleast warrant some respect for his D.
Eddy Curry is a terrible passer. Whenever he tries to pass the ball, he either throws it out of bounds, passes it to the other team, or he picks up a charge. So how can we use Curry effectively? Even when he had that 19 points per game season, his passing was horrible. His assist to turnover ratio was .7 assists to 3.6 turnovers. Zach Randolph actually averages 2 assists per game, which shows that he's capable of being a good passer, if he puts his mind to it.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Eddy Curry is a terrible passer. Whenever he tries to pass the ball, he either throws it out of bounds, passes it to the other team, or he picks up a charge. So how can we use Curry effectively? Even when he had that 19 points per game season, his passing was horrible. His assist to turnover ratio was .7 assists to 3.6 turnovers. Zach Randolph actually averages 2 assists per game, which shows that he's capable of being a good passer, if he puts his mind to it.

I'm not comparing the two players game. Zach is one of the most productive PF's in the league. However there is a player on our team that he is playing in front of that is a better fit for us. I think Zach would be a great compliment to a Center like Dalembert, Tyson Chandler or Marcus Camby, but David Lee is more of a compliment to Curry. And since there is no team that would take Eddy my thinking is to use him the best we can. Not to mention Zach's contract is much bigger. So again my reasons for wanting to waive bye bye to Zach are his contract, and how he fits with our team, not at all to do with his skill level.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I'm not comparing the two players game. Zach is one of the most productive PF's in the league. However there is a player on our team that he is playing in front of that is a better fit for us. I think Zach would be a great compliment to a Center like Dalembert, Tyson Chandler or Marcus Camby, but David Lee is more of a compliment to Curry. And since there is no team that would take Eddy my thinking is to use him the best we can. Not to mention Zach's contract is much bigger. So again my reasons for wanting to waive bye bye to Zach are his contract, and how he fits with our team, not at all to do with his skill level.
You make good points.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
with the new rule of consequences when trying to flop who knows maybe curry can be a force
I like that rule. I guess the Celtics ain't gonna win no more championships, after this year, if they beat the Lakers. Cause they're the flopping capital of the NBA. Paul Pierce, Rajan Rondo, Ray Allen, and Leon Powe flop like crazy.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
with the new rule of consequences when trying to flop who knows maybe curry can be a force

i agree with you loll and yea that rule is going to be great.....looks like Manu is gonna be really broke at the end of next year lmao

Kiyaman

Legend
The reason why Zach must be traded ASAP

For Zach Randolph to ever measure up to his contract he have to be traded to 2 or 3 more NBA teams after the Knicks. Being traded to the Bucks during last season trading deadline would've helped him alot (if the Bucks owner did not check Zach resume and refuse the trade).

The majority of NBA Fans do not want PF-Zach Randolph 20/10 performance on their team.
The majority of NBA Teams Brass do not want PF-Zach Randolph contract on their teams salary cap.
The majority of NBA players dont want PF-Zach Randolph in their lockerroom or on their roster.

Reason Why?

Zach Randolph overall "Skillz" for the Blazers and Knicks teams range at 35% Good, and 65% Bad.

It was not hard to see how the Portland Blazers received so many Early Lottery Picks the last few years with Zach Randolph being their Franchise Player.

Knick-Fans that are in self-denial over Zach Randolph 20/10 stat sheet by never looking at the oposition 40/20 stat sheet when Zach is on the court will say that Zach got skillz.
When Channing Frye and Aldridge seasons prove to be the better team-players than Zach.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

George M.

Benchwarmer
For Zach Randolph to ever measure up to his contract he have to be traded to 2 or 3 more NBA teams after the Knicks. Being traded to the Bucks during last season trading deadline would've helped him alot (if the Bucks owner did not check Zach resume and refuse the trade).

The majority of NBA Fans do not want PF-Zach Randolph 20/10 performance on their team.
The majority of NBA Teams Brass do not want PF-Zach Randolph contract on their teams salary cap.
The majority of NBA players dont want PF-Zach Randolph in their lockerroom or on their roster.

Reason Why?

Zach Randolph overall "Skillz" for the Blazers and Knicks teams range at 35% Good, and 65% Bad.

It was not hard to see how the Portland Blazers received so many Early Lottery Picks the last few years with Zach Randolph being their Franchise Player.

Knick-Fans that are in self-denial over Zach Randolph 20/10 stat sheet by never looking at the oposition 40/20 stat sheet when Zach is on the court will say that Zach got skillz.
When Channing Frye and Aldridge seasons prove to be the better team-players than Zach.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
You seem to forget that Portland stuck with Randolph and got rid of Rasheed and thats when they started missing the playoffs.Portland did not draft,sign or trade a suitable frontcourt partner for Z-Bo.Thats when he became the "problem".I'm not in self denial when it comes to the fact his athleticism is non existent,especially on defense.But to blame him for both organizations pairing him up with unsuitable players in the frontcourt is actually quite silly IMO.Pairing Z-Bo with frontcourt players like Dalembert,Camby,Okafor,Rasheed would be so much smarter.In fact Kiyaman I don't see you taking shots at Portland for these mistakes.You seem to be the kind of guy who's Basketball info comes from the church of ESPN.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
You seem to forget that Portland stuck with Randolph and got rid of Rasheed and thats when they started missing the playoffs.Portland did not draft,sign or trade a suitable frontcourt partner for Z-Bo.Thats when he became the "problem".I'm not in self denial when it comes to the fact his athleticism is non existent,especially on defense.But to blame him for both organizations pairing him up with unsuitable players in the frontcourt is actually quite silly IMO.Pairing Z-Bo with frontcourt players like Dalembert,Camby,Okafor,Rasheed would be so much smarter.In fact Kiyaman I don't see you taking shots at Portland for these mistakes.You seem to be the kind of guy who's Basketball info comes from the church of ESPN.
I agree. Zach Randolph is a top 10 powerforward in the NBA. If you put him next to a center that can defend, and if you sorround him with efficient shooters, I could see him being part of a playoff team. The main reason why the Knicks are struggling is not Zach Randolph. The Knicks haven't been to the playoffs since 2004, and Randolph has only been on the Knicks for 1 year. The main reason why the Knicks are struggling is because Isiah traded all of draft picks, signed people to massive contracts, the team has no defense, and the team has no chemistry. This has been going on for years. It didn't just start when Randolph came to the Knicks.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Is it fair to judge Zach based off of this season??

Look at all the distractions that the knicks had and the fact that eddy curry played alongside him. I actually like zachs game and i can see him as a valuable player if he does a couple things different. Hes gotta be less selfish, more of a team player and step up his effort on defense.

Its fun watchin zach post up and school players down low. Hes got alotta different moves to get his shot off over taller/more athletics players. Im guessin hes got a 10-14" vertical. He really cant get off the ground at all but that tells you how talented he is. Most players in the league now dont have much skill, they dominate with their size and athleticism.

If Zach buys into D'antonis offense (which will have to be slowed down assuming zach doesnt get traded) he could have a positive effect on this team as long as we get a shot blocker next to him.

My preferance is to see zach traded because theres too many "ifs" involved but as a player i like him and you cant front on his skill. Unfortunatly you cant front on him being a ball hog also.