I dont want to ever see Garnett compared to Pierce again

Is Kevin Garnett soft and overrated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
obviously you hate Garnett and always have.. Theres nothing the matter with that. So I should'nt even bother because its against him and not for Duncan. Now I understand that you hate him, because I would do the same about Kobe.. But we won't talk about that

It aint even a hate thing. Duncan is straight up better and anyone who goes through this thread will see that im right. I supplied more then enough facts. For someone to say garnett is better then duncan is givin garnett too much credit, also known as overrating him which proves my point and proves that this thread has a valid purpose.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
hes top 8 in NBA
I agree. Hes top 8 but alotta people would say hes top 5. This is where i would put him:

1. Kobe or CP3
2. Kobe or CP3
3. Tim Duncan
4. Lebron James
5. Paul Pierce
6. Deron Williams/Kevin Garnett/Dwayne Wade??

I never said hes not a great player. I think hes overrated because some people think hes just as good as paul pierce and better then Tim Duncan.

I still think Dwayne wade is top 10. What he did in 2006 was incredible. Hes been injured since then but i cant forget about how great he played against the Pistons and how he almost single handedly (some help from snaq o meal) carried the heat past the mavs after droppin the first 2. If injuries havent slowed him down then hes clearly better then kg, whos not capable of carrying a team like that. In garnetts defense, its tough for a pf/c to carry a team in todays league the way a guard can.

I don't put into fact team playing, and winning for the better player..

Im not sure what your tryna say. Everyone on my top 8 list can win. Lets not forget hwo great kobe played until the finals. I do think kobes even overrated but hes still a top 3 lock. The celtics are the 3rd best defensive team ever, according to some article from espn or where ever its from i forget.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
KG>>>>>>>>>>duncan, f*ck stats, KG does shyt that doesnt show up in da stat line, i just wish he wasnt so unselfish

JUNIOR MINT

Benchwarmer
No I'm talking like whos the most talented skills wise.. and I'd put Dwight up there, maybe Amare

gotta disagree with you there, Amare is way more skilled than Dwight, Amare is a better free throw shooter, mid range (10-13, maybe even 15) jump shooter, he's even developing his shot to be able to shoot 3 pointers, his offensive low post is still more skilled and polished than Dwight's, and defensive low post better than Dwight? Not sure, maybe by alittle bit...also, I think Greg Oden will be better than Dwight, Greg Oden is just as Dwight, if he catches it down low, he's just going to go up and flush it on your head, and on offense, he has a left hand, which Dwight doesn't have...I think he's a better free throw shooter than Dwight also? I'm not sure. But, don't get me wrong, Dwight is a great talent, and will be a great player in the future

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Hmm interesting thread. Nope I don't think Garnett's overrated. If there was anything negative to be said about his game, it would definitely be his performance in the clutch. He gets too unselfish at times. And loves to mix his inside-outside game too much. When it works it's great, but when it doesn't, he should prioritize down low rather than try to get his rhythm from outside. I also don't think Odom and Gasol took right into Garnett with ease and dominance. In Game 5, Garnett got in foul trouble early and that was because they lacked Perk in the lineup. Garnett had to take the responsibility of defending both Odom and Gasol, who for once, took it aggressive to the basket. Gasol is soft period. Do you ever see Garnett flop? I didn't think so. Nonetheless for what Garnett lacks in the clutch, he makes up tremendously for his defensive intensity and leadership. Garnett, overrated? No freakin' way. This guy's a future hall of famer.

With regards to comparisons to Pierce, I never thought there was any. Was there? Anyway Pierce deserved the MVP 100%. And I congratulate him. After 7 long years of following his career since his breakout season, I'm very happy for him.

Tim Duncan is a great great player. My bold statement for this post would have to be that, at least for this season, Garnett was better than Duncan. Overall of course would go to Duncan hands down.

metrocard

Legend
gotta disagree with you there, Amare is way more skilled than Dwight, Amare is a better free throw shooter, mid range (10-13, maybe even 15) jump shooter, he's even developing his shot to be able to shoot 3 pointers, his offensive low post is still more skilled and polished than Dwight's, and defensive low post better than Dwight? Not sure, maybe by alittle bit...also, I think Greg Oden will be better than Dwight, Greg Oden is just as Dwight, if he catches it down low, he's just going to go up and flush it on your head, and on offense, he has a left hand, which Dwight doesn't have...I think he's a better free throw shooter than Dwight also? I'm not sure. But, don't get me wrong, Dwight is a great talent, and will be a great player in the future

Dwight is actually not even a great player, he's the best center in the NBA. I would pick Dwight over Amare 10 times out of 10.

Dwight's rebounding alone makes him a marvel, plus his size, quickness, athelicism, upper body strength, agility is all on a different that no one in the NBA is at. Dwight doesn't have much "skill" but he gets by averaging over 20 ppg and over 13 rebounds. The man is a BEAST, and once he learn those skills he has the potential to averaged 28-30 ppg and 15 rebounds, which would make him a MVP.

Amare is an okay rebounder, and not such a good defender. Offensively he's the best center in the NBA.

Oden won't be better than Dwight, well I'm still stuck from Oden's terrible summer league/preseason preformance.