I dont want to ever see Garnett compared to Pierce again

Is Kevin Garnett soft and overrated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
If only he was 6 inches shorter he couldve been a shooting guard :td:

Anyone notice everytime Gasol gets physical with garnett he ends up scoring? Perkins 1 on 1 Defense is better then garnetts. I cant believe this faqqot got defensive player of the year :td:

NO WAY is garnett better then pierce. Anyone who still thinks he is please jump off a cliff :td:

HOW CAN bill russell be proud of this soft piece of sh!t garnot? smh @ bill sayin hes proud of garnett like he was one of his children :td:

Garnetts averages so far through the nba finals

16.6ppg
40.2fg%
3.2 topg
1 bpg
72.2FT%

:lol::lol:

How the fukk did he get defensive player of the year and how the fukk did his name get brought up in MVP talk?

KG is the MOP (no not the mash out posse from brownsville) Most overrated player and thats real talk

Garnett is GarSOFT. He plays like a gaurd. Hes too puzzy to take it down low and bang. He aint no real big man hes a oversized guard.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Kevin Garnett is soft. That's why the Celtics are gonna lose Game 6 and 7.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nHF6b8zJKFQ&hl=en"></param><embed">http://www.youtube.com/v/nHF6b8zJKFQ&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nHF6b8zJKFQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
^^^
exactly what im talkin about. You take it right at garnett and he becomes GarSOFT. Gasol who is also known for being soft is realizing that if he shows hes not scared he can score down low. He can get them easy baskets against an OVERRATED GarNOT.

jpz17

Starter
Garnet is a good player, but he is having a really bad series. Also Gasol is killing him. Gasol is owning him, Garnet finally gets here and he plays like crap

Paul1355

All Star
If only he was 6 inches shorter he couldve been a shooting guard :td:

Anyone notice everytime Gasol gets physical with garnett he ends up scoring? Perkins 1 on 1 Defense is better then garnetts. I cant believe this faqqot got defensive player of the year :td:

NO WAY is garnett better then pierce. Anyone who still thinks he is please jump off a cliff :td:

HOW CAN bill russell be proud of this soft piece of sh!t garnot? smh @ bill sayin hes proud of garnett like he was one of his children :td:

Garnetts averages so far through the nba finals

16.6ppg
40.2fg%
3.2 topg
1 bpg
72.2FT%

:lol::lol:

How the fukk did he get defensive player of the year and how the fukk did his name get brought up in MVP talk?

KG is the MOP (no not the mash out posse from brownsville) Most overrated player and thats real talk

Garnett is GarSOFT. He plays like a gaurd. Hes too puzzy to take it down low and bang. He aint no real big man hes a oversized guard.

i agree man whenever Gasol faces KG up in the post and plays agressive he owns KG. Gasol could have been a huge difference in these finals if he wasnt the other pussy in the equation. KG is great, but in defense a decent post center will score a good 20 points off him. all gasol has to do is play agressive in the post...him not doing that makes KG look better.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Some say that Garnett has the Patrick Ewing syndrome suggesting that he takes too many jumpers and doesnt post up enough. Maybe that it true about Ewing sometimes but he was more clutch. He brought us to the finals in 1994 which is greater then anything garnett ever did.

Ewing>>garnett

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Kevin GarnSOFT is b!tchmade

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06172008/sports/garnett_no_gem_115820.htm?page=2

Talk about providing me with a perfect segue; all I've got to do is keep moving and it leads me directly to the Counterfeit Ticket, who continued to dig his own (career) grave in Game 5.

If Kevin Garnett, indeed, is a franchise player, would it be too much to ask it to be for the franchise currently paying him?

Barely shooting 40 percent (and, yes, nearly 13 boards) so far, Garnett has gone to the line a grand total of 18 times in 192 minutes.

Put another way, he has initiated more contact close-fisting than the nebbish in that phone company commercial.

I know, how dare I mock Garnett?

Excuse me, but I have a lot of trouble being overly sympathetic at the sad sight of Garnett aborting both welfare payments with the Celtics down a deuce at the 2:31 mark, and three of four, overall, under pressure with the Game 5 game clock winding down. Game.

How many times have we seen the $20 million-plus wonder beat on his chest, pull on his jersey and scream obscenities after dunking on some schmuck during the regular season? Now here he is at the highest plateau short-arming freebies while stumbling around inside guarded by giraffe Pau Gasol either taking fade-away jumpers or looking to have the refs bail him out.

"Where's the fire when K.G. is down 20?" Artest declared in the first half of Game 4. "Watch how he goes back to huddle like a puppy. You're either a soldier all the time or you're not. You can't be a part-time soldier."

Where was Garnett's cockiness in Sunday's potential closeout game? I want to know. Already minus your starting center due to Kendrick Perkins' shoulder injury, the Celtics needed K.G. to pull a Cedric Maxwell and carry his teammates on his back. Instead the Counterfeit Ticket spent 15 minutes on the bench on account of infantile reaching fouls.

Articulate after me: "Fake Franchise Player."

This just in: Jackson is thinking about employing a "Gouge-a-Garnett" strategy and force him to hit the unmolested 15-footer.

To Garnett's credit, he vowed at Sunday's postgame press conference, if fouled, "I will not pass up taking the free throws."

You can't ask for any more than that.

Meanwhile, Paul Pierce has emerged as the Celtics' MVP, something I've been advocating all season. He and Ray Allen are the ideal go-to-teammates for Garnett, dependable more times than not in momentous games such as tonight, though I look for Doc Rivers to slant the offense toward K.G. early and often to show him there's no faith lost.

Not everyone has supported Pierce as long as yours truly. Column castigator Frank Drucker swears "it took a solid decade away from Rick Pitino to bring out the best in him."

lmao @ artest sayin garnett huddles like a puppy :lol::lol::lol:

Peter Vecsey and Artest ethered Garnsoft. Gay G is the most overrated player in the NBA.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
theres a lot of haters here man, theres a lot of things KG does that doesnt show up in da stat sheet, sure KG tends to not show up in da 4th quarter but i still want em in da knicks...he plays wit all his heart every minute, something we cant say about a lot of players in our roster

TunerAddict

Starter
They were saying something during one of the games that KG was the "best shooting bigman of alltime." I laughed. Then I laughed again. Bullshit. Bob McAdoo is. KG isn't even on the same planet.

Toons

is the Bo$$
KG?? Overrated? comeon now, u cant base a whole persons carreer and what he has done based on one player he goes up against....that is not fair. Kg owns most players that he faces.....so what if gasol gives him problems....garnett has a wiery fram....he is nat able to put on weight because of his metabolism....some people are just like that. So if a heavier player tries to score, they might bully him. Garnet has a better offensive skill set and a better arsenal onthe post than any power foward int he league....he is the best all around player in the nba. His heart cannot be measured....i hate LA and kobe and his crying...lets go celtics!!!
ps. they wanted to celebrate at home...they gave LA that last game

JUNIOR MINT

Benchwarmer
Garnett is overrated, he didn't accomplish anything in Minnesota, it took him 7 or 8 years just to get out of the first round, only been all NBA first team how many times again? Like 4? he underachieved I think, & IMO he's not even top 5, I wouldn't put him ahead of Malone, not even my man BARKLEY!!! Dude was 6'5, and still dominating! And he took his team to the Finals. And his era, it will always be Duncan>Garnett, always.

Last edited:

mynameis

Benchwarmer
is he soft? look what he did in Game 6 he dominate as far as I see now he has a ring... and kobe is still shaq b!tch

Toons

is the Bo$$
Kevin Garnett has been on the NBA First team 3 years, second team 3 years and third team 1 year.....7 NBA All defensive team, 1 defensive player of the year, 2-time NBA regular-season leader, PER: 2004 (29.4), 2005 (28.2)
3-time NBA regular-season leader, rebounds per game: 2004 (13.9), 2005 (13.5), 2006 (12.7)
2-time NBA regular-season leader, rebounds: 2004 (1,139), 2005 (1,108)
4-time NBA regular-season leader, defensive rebounds: 2003 (858), 2004 (894), 2005 (861), 2006 (752)
NBA regular-season leader, points: 2004 (1,987)
NBA regular-season leader, field goals made: 2004 (804)
Career triple-doubles (postseason): 3 (as of 2006)
ONLYYYYYY player in NBA history to:
average at least 20 points, 10 rebounds, and 5 assists per season for 6 consecutive seasons.
reach at least 17,000 points, 9,500 rebounds, 3,800 assists, 1,190 steals, and 1,450 blocks in his playing career.******

Holds Minnesota Timberwolves franchise record for most points in one game with 47 vs. the Phoenix Suns on January 4, 2005.
Holds Minnesota Timberwolves franchise career records for points, 17,337; rebounds, 9,567; assists, 3,833; blocked shots, 1,450; steals, 1,193; and games played, 851 as of the end of the 2005-2006 season.

Career stats (postseason): 47 games, 22.3 ppg, 13.4 rpg, 5.0 apg, 1.9 bpg, 1.3 spg, .458 FG%, .333 3FG%, .761 FT%

only the seventh player in NBA history to average over twenty points per game, ten rebounds per game, and five assists per game in more than one season

IM NOT A CELTICS FAN, BUT I LIKE KG AND HIS GAME....AND IF HIS ACHIEVEMENTS AND HIS INTANGIBLES, HIS HEART AND HIS TALENT DOSENT MAKE HIM DESERVING OF THIS ATTENTION, THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE HE HAS TO DO TO GET HIS PROPS.....

Toons

is the Bo$$
Garnett is overrated, he didn't accomplish anything in Minnesota, it took him 7 or 8 years just to get out of the first round, only been all NBA first team how many times again? Like 4? he underachieved I think, & IMO he's not even top 5, I wouldn't put him ahead of Malone, not even my man BARKLEY!!! Dude was 6'5, and still dominating! And he took his team to the Finals. And his era, it will always be Duncan>Garnett, always.

bullshit......complete and utter bullshit.....how many years did it take barkley and malone to win a ring? oops, they dont have one.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Toons don't even argue with this foolishness. If any basketball fan ever logged in here and saw some the stuff that comes out from people on this they wouldn't believe it. I try and explain it to my basketball fan friends and they don't believe it. After this last night this thread should be closed. Did anyone see the "layup" KG made after getting knocked from under the basket to halfway down the lane??? Soft??? The Lakers go out and get Gasol and he and Odom got owned by KG and Perkins throughout the series. They don't call him the "Big Ticket" for nothing and now he has a ring. I was as disgusted as anyone watching the Celtics spank the Lakers last night, but give credit where credit is due. I swear this board is like the "Twighlight Zone" of basketball talk. Alot of alternate reality stuff goes on around here.

Akamu

The King
This is a way overboard, Kevin Garnett is one of my favorite players, and even if he weren't I still don't think there should be this much hate on a guy. I am a diehard Knick fan but I like various players in the NBA and KG is one of my favorites.

Yall need to lay off of him, he is a proven figure in the sport of basketball and excels at the PF position. If I were a moderator I would close this topic without hesitation, this is nonsense.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Kevin Garnett has been on the NBA First team 3 years, second team 3 years and third team 1 year.....7 NBA All defensive team, 1 defensive player of the year, 2-time NBA regular-season leader, PER: 2004 (29.4), 2005 (28.2)
3-time NBA regular-season leader, rebounds per game: 2004 (13.9), 2005 (13.5), 2006 (12.7)
2-time NBA regular-season leader, rebounds: 2004 (1,139), 2005 (1,108)
4-time NBA regular-season leader, defensive rebounds: 2003 (858), 2004 (894), 2005 (861), 2006 (752)
NBA regular-season leader, points: 2004 (1,987)
NBA regular-season leader, field goals made: 2004 (804)
Career triple-doubles (postseason): 3 (as of 2006)
ONLYYYYYY player in NBA history to:
average at least 20 points, 10 rebounds, and 5 assists per season for 6 consecutive seasons.
reach at least 17,000 points, 9,500 rebounds, 3,800 assists, 1,190 steals, and 1,450 blocks in his playing career.******

Holds Minnesota Timberwolves franchise record for most points in one game with 47 vs. the Phoenix Suns on January 4, 2005.
Holds Minnesota Timberwolves franchise career records for points, 17,337; rebounds, 9,567; assists, 3,833; blocked shots, 1,450; steals, 1,193; and games played, 851 as of the end of the 2005-2006 season.

Career stats (postseason): 47 games, 22.3 ppg, 13.4 rpg, 5.0 apg, 1.9 bpg, 1.3 spg, .458 FG%, .333 3FG%, .761 FT%

only the seventh player in NBA history to average over twenty points per game, ten rebounds per game, and five assists per game in more than one season

IM NOT A CELTICS FAN, BUT I LIKE KG AND HIS GAME....AND IF HIS ACHIEVEMENTS AND HIS INTANGIBLES, HIS HEART AND HIS TALENT DOSENT MAKE HIM DESERVING OF THIS ATTENTION, THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE HE HAS TO DO TO GET HIS PROPS.....
:td::td:

Duncan>>GarnSOFT

KG is soft and he cant dominate the paint. Throw all them stats away. KG needed pierce to carry him. Garnett finally showed up in game 6...big deal!! If the Lakers kept it closer we wouldve seen Garnett become garnot. He starts takin his jumpshots and avoids contact down low in the paint. Perkins controls things better down low then garnett.

Duncan is on another level. BAck in 99 when he beat the knicks he didnt have parker and ginobili on his team. He had an aging david robinson, mario elie, avery johnson, and sean elliot. Garnett cant carry a team like duncan.

KG aint even a #1 option. Hes not a killer. Hes a part time soldier. You gotta be a full time soldier to get respected as a great.

Any smart sports fan knows this. Only peter vecsey is smart enough to see this and write an article on it. If more analysts were bringin this up everyone would agree. Anyone who watches kg enough knows that hes b!tchmade. He comes out like hes coked up in the 1st, more calm in the 2nd, confused in the 3rd, and crying in the 4th. Ive seen it enough times from him.

132689691.gif

Hes starts sh!t with other players all the time. When they step to him he becomes a coward. Even Zaza made KG lean back :lol:

bullshit......complete and utter bullshit.....how many years did it take barkley and malone to win a ring? oops, they dont have one.

Malone in BArkley>>Garnett

They also played during the jordan era and they didnt have posey, pierce, and ray allen to carry them. Dont even compare garnett to malone and barkley.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I jacked this post from another website

I hate this excuse, when Cassell went down why didn't KG step it up?
You acting like Duncan didn't drop 27 ppg and 14 rpg on 2 injured ankles against the suns in the WCF in 05. He also had a monster series against Dallas in 06 32.3 ppg 16.6 rpg 3.7 apg 2.6 bpg all while playing with Plantar fasciitis.
Also tell me if KG could win a title with the team Duncan had in 03
Tony Parker (2nd year player nowhere near as good as he is now)
Stephen Jackson (not as good as he is now and he was the 2nd option)
Malik Rose
Bruce Bowen
David Robinson (His last season)
Manu Ginobili (Rookie and also not as good as he is now)
Steve Smith
Steve Kerr
Kevin Willis
Speedy Claxton
Danny Ferry
Devin Brown
Anthony Goldwire
Mengke Bateer
Yeah I'd like to see KG win a title with this team.

Duncan is a true champ, a true #1 option. KG is a good #2 but pierce carried his b!tch ass from the end of the cleveland series. I dont care that KG finally had a good game in the finals. He shouldve dominated the lakers down low the entire series. He should be the finals mvp. Who do they got to stop him? No ONE. He played like b!tch the first 5 games, i hate to see him get credit for one good game.

Toons

is the Bo$$
:td::td:

Duncan>>GarnSOFT

KG is soft and he cant dominate the paint. Throw all them stats away. KG needed pierce to carry him. Garnett finally showed up in game 6...big deal!! If the Lakers kept it closer we wouldve seen Garnett become garnot. He starts takin his jumpshots and avoids contact down low in the paint. Perkins controls things better down low then garnett.

Duncan is on another level. BAck in 99 when he beat the knicks he didnt have parker and ginobili on his team. He had an aging david robinson, mario elie, avery johnson, and sean elliot. Garnett cant carry a team like duncan.

KG aint even a #1 option. Hes not a killer. Hes a part time soldier. You gotta be a full time soldier to get respected as a great.

Any smart sports fan knows this. Only peter vecsey is smart enough to see this and write an article on it. If more analysts were bringin this up everyone would agree. Anyone who watches kg enough knows that hes b!tchmade. He comes out like hes coked up in the 1st, more calm in the 2nd, confused in the 3rd, and crying in the 4th. Ive seen it enough times from him.

132689691.gif

Hes starts sh!t with other players all the time. When they step to him he becomes a coward. Even Zaza made KG lean back :lol:

Malone in BArkley>>Garnett

They also played during the jordan era and they didnt have posey, pierce, and ray allen to carry them. Dont even compare garnett to malone and barkley.

LOL THE BIG STAT MAN SAYS THROW THE STATS AWAY LMAO HAHAHAHA,
im not even gonna argue with u, cuz this is a really stupid arguement.....u consistently try to compare players when no1 was ever making a comparison....so all ur spurs jargon is void....i never said garnet was better than barkley....i stated that barkley or malone dont have a ring...try reading next time b4 u jump on a nigga fa disagreein with u....btw, what does fighting have to do with u being a good player?? u wrong on so many levels.....