Trade Up, Trade Down, or Stay at 6th?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
we should at least try to trade for Mayo if not WE MUST take Westbrook he has the most upside in this draft and in D'Antonis system he will really flourish

umynot

Benchwarmer
Nothing will happen till draft night but I have a feeling we will be involved in a few trades!

Best case we end up with Mayo! But if not I still believe no matter what we should take the most talented player left @ 6! This can end up as deep if not as talented a draft as the Lebron , Melo & Wade draft! There is quite of crop of talent!!! I dont buy in to this we need a PG only from this draft!! We should draft talent and upside! We have players @ every position that you must believe will play better under better surroundings ! We have guards already!!

Gallanari for me will be a star in this league and is maybe the most NBA ready due to the fact he has played with real pros already!! So if up to me I draft him if Mayo is gone! I know there have been some Euro players who have been drafted here lately that have not panned out!! But I can name quite a few who have made an Impact!! His upside is really worth the risk @ 6th pick in my opinion .

However if we do stick @ 6 and do not get either Mayo or Gallinari I feel there is also a sleeper pick here that only one person on here has mentioned as of yet! I have read Westbrook and ok he looked ok his career in NC but just ok. Randolph he has alot of upside but really from what Draftexpress wrote bout how lazy and fat he looks at work outs aint gonna help him!! Eric Gordon? Yeah he can score but really if we want someone like himI'm sure our buddy Paxson would love to trade us Ben yes I have the same last name Gordon.

Stunning to me I have also seen Kevin Loves name pop up too. And Brook Lopez! Come on Knick fans dont we already have a power foward who can score! We hate Randolph cause even with him we suck but he is hands down better then Love!! And Lopez is slower then Curry! We will need speed with my new hero D'Atoni!

Just one though has made mention on maybe the biggest sleeper in this years draft! JOE ALEXANDER!!!!!!! Every GM who has watched him have lost there mind!!! His revues are off the hook! I will admit that until recently I also did not no much about him but everything you see or read on this kid is unreal. And he has only been playing Ball for 5 years!

He is hands down the best athlete in this draft! He is 6'8 without sneakers! His vertical is best in draft! 42 inches! He runs like a thoroughbred ! Dunks like Vince! ( Dont believe I didnt either but just youtube him) He is also developing a much more polished jumper from all the reports and analysis I have read! The film i have watched his jumper is sweet! He is a lefty ala Lamar Oden but I see more heart then Lamar in this kid! He can dribble and slash with either hand! He also was his team only Star and go to player yet he Single handedly beat up on the big east and to West VA to the sweet 16 in just his second year!

Everyone says he is by far the hardest worker in the draft! I would love a hard Worker on the Knicks. He D's up too 1.6 blocks a game!

His potential is by far the highest of the Possibilities left after Rose Mayo Gallinari and maybe Beasley! You ask me this kid has a better career then Beasley! Everything of coarse it remains to be seen but I believe we should for our future is get as many picks in this years draft as we can and lose all our games this year for a chance at the next superstar PG in the game next year Ricky Rubio!!

JUNIOR MINT

Benchwarmer
Interesting idea....Minny is hurting big time for a center and Eddy Curry might just be the guy!

thats crazy how you said that, everytime when I play 2k8, in my franchise I always trade Curry to Minny, and fix/edit their roster, and put Al at PF & Curry at C, the knicks should just trade their #6 pick, and Curry for their 3rd pick

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^ that would be a great deal for both teams because we will be getting our guy in Mayo abd minny will get the center they really need and they will be in the right position to get their guy in Love or Gallinari so i would loe for us to do that

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
LMAO well we wouldn't have much of an influence on his decison lmao....but one guy that does have his number is Walsh so he should def give him a call and make something happen LETS GET BACK TO OUR WINNING WAYS

Shaunyboy23

Benchwarmer
Nothing will happen till draft night but I have a feeling we will be involved in a few trades!

Best case we end up with Mayo! But if not I still believe no matter what we should take the most talented player left @ 6! This can end up as deep if not as talented a draft as the Lebron , Melo & Wade draft! There is quite of crop of talent!!! I dont buy in to this we need a PG only from this draft!! We should draft talent and upside! We have players @ every position that you must believe will play better under better surroundings ! We have guards already!!

Gallanari for me will be a star in this league and is maybe the most NBA ready due to the fact he has played with real pros already!! So if up to me I draft him if Mayo is gone! I know there have been some Euro players who have been drafted here lately that have not panned out!! But I can name quite a few who have made an Impact!! His upside is really worth the risk @ 6th pick in my opinion .

However if we do stick @ 6 and do not get either Mayo or Gallinari I feel there is also a sleeper pick here that only one person on here has mentioned as of yet! I have read Westbrook and ok he looked ok his career in NC but just ok. Randolph he has alot of upside but really from what Draftexpress wrote bout how lazy and fat he looks at work outs aint gonna help him!! Eric Gordon? Yeah he can score but really if we want someone like himI'm sure our buddy Paxson would love to trade us Ben yes I have the same last name Gordon.

Stunning to me I have also seen Kevin Loves name pop up too. And Brook Lopez! Come on Knick fans dont we already have a power foward who can score! We hate Randolph cause even with him we suck but he is hands down better then Love!! And Lopez is slower then Curry! We will need speed with my new hero D'Atoni!

Just one though has made mention on maybe the biggest sleeper in this years draft! JOE ALEXANDER!!!!!!! Every GM who has watched him have lost there mind!!! His revues are off the hook! I will admit that until recently I also did not no much about him but everything you see or read on this kid is unreal. And he has only been playing Ball for 5 years!

He is hands down the best athlete in this draft! He is 6'8 without sneakers! His vertical is best in draft! 42 inches! He runs like a thoroughbred ! Dunks like Vince! ( Dont believe I didnt either but just youtube him) He is also developing a much more polished jumper from all the reports and analysis I have read! The film i have watched his jumper is sweet! He is a lefty ala Lamar Oden but I see more heart then Lamar in this kid! He can dribble and slash with either hand! He also was his team only Star and go to player yet he Single handedly beat up on the big east and to West VA to the sweet 16 in just his second year!

Everyone says he is by far the hardest worker in the draft! I would love a hard Worker on the Knicks. He D's up too 1.6 blocks a game!

His potential is by far the highest of the Possibilities left after Rose Mayo Gallinari and maybe Beasley! You ask me this kid has a better career then Beasley! Everything of coarse it remains to be seen but I believe we should for our future is get as many picks in this years draft as we can and lose all our games this year for a chance at the next superstar PG in the game next year Ricky Rubio!!
uve got me excited about this guy!:thumbsup:

CJWALKER

Rookie
1.) Trade Stephon for Allen Iverson, since it obvious the nuggets wont win with him and both have expiring contracts in 2009. Also Steph seems to play better in the west and Iverson is guranteed to be one of the highest sold jerseys if he comes to NY and he never quits playing hard. Just dont make a trade with denver for Fools Gold, Carmelo Anthony.
2.) Trade the 6 pick for Rudy Gay. Memphis will then have the ability to have #5 and #6 pick which they can trade to miami for the number #2 pick and get beasley.
3.)Trade Zach Randolph in a sign and trade for Elton Brand(throw in nate if neccessary). Should they not accept then do a combination of trades of Zach and Crawford or Curry, Crawford and Lee for Jermaine Oneal. Should the Clippers accept then still try the Oneal Trade
4.) Once you get rid of David Lee who is high trade bait, pick up Najera and draft Walker from Kansas State in the second round to be your defensive stopper on other teams best 2 or 3.
5)If still left with randolph after all this trade him and lee to lakers for odom.

If the knick get a low pick, go with alexander from west virginia who is better offensively than Lee and jumps just as high and both are semi slow footed. The difference is Lee is high value trade bait and alexander doesnt effect your salary cap for the next couple of yrs like lee will do right now.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Nice post.
I just read an article where minny wants to trade down. They like Mayo for his star power but Mayo has declined all workouts with them.
They have their eyes set on gallinari soooooooooooooooooooo here's the speculation.

Lee and #6 for #3

90% Mayo ain't dropping that low at 6th. And probably an 80% he gets picks by Minnesota despite all this talk about him not doing workouts with them. Just too much talent to pass up. Knicks should prioritize getting a top3 pick. Any combination of our players and our 6th pick for the 3rd pick must be tried out as an offer. Exhaust all those possibilities first. Heck then maybe for next year's draft let's secure two top10 (or top5) picks. Seriously I'm all for rebuilding at least for the next 2 seasons. We could go with Boston's path and go young I mean really young while keeping at least one marquee player, develop the young guys, and trade them in the future for perennial All Stars, or if these young guys turn out to be All Stars, then at least we're set for a couple more years to contend. Maybe 5 years ago, I'd cringe at the word "rebuild" but at this state of our team, I wouldn't mind two more losing seasons (but not embarrassingly losing seasons) as opposed to a team that's top5-8 team material for years and years to come.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I know people are gonna kill me for this but look at it like this Chris Paul is a freak,But if you look at the players around him they hit there shots and it opens the whole floor up and that makes him so much better,He penetrates and when the defense collapses on him he kicks the ball out and they drain shots,Now look at Steph there is nobody in the league better than him at driving to the basket and kicking the ball to the open man but the problem is these guys never get open because they never move without the ball and when they are left open they dont hit there shots.Remember how good Steph played the pick and roll with Doleac or how good he played with Van Horn that was because they could both hit jump shots and both played fundamental basketball.So my point is that I would trade anyone on this team because none of them are really very good not one player has any basketball knowledge of how to win and our young guys have been ruined by Isiah these players and everything else that has gone on for the past few years.So trade anybody that can make us improve because we are not winning anything with what we have.If we can somehow trade players for picks do it with no hesitation REBUILD anyway we can.Just look at the teams of Ewing and look at our team today its not even close we have to start over with as many players from the draft as possiable and hope to get lucky like Miami did with D Wade and the Hornets did with Paul we havent got lucky since Ewing so our time should come I HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!
That was a great post.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer

I agree with absolutely everything you said...The Knicks haven't had a real 3 since the King! Don't get me wrong Spree was the man, but he was a 2 playing out of position, and I loved LJ, but he was an undersided 4. If you really think about it the best 3 we've had since Bernard was Johnny Newman...

it was said on espn that we are apparently keeping our pick and not trading up or down
this will leave us with one of a few players mainly westbrook or alexander

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
it was said on espn that we are apparently keeping our pick and not trading up or down
this will leave us with one of a few players mainly westbrook or alexander

yea heard something like that no point to get an older pg when we could draft a young one......WESTBROOK...dayum i want that dude on our side he's gonna be lethal in the near future

Trin_Starr

Starter
yup that's true - just read it this morning as well. We are keeping the 6th pick and believe they will choose westbrook.

Here's a youtube vid on his workout for the blazers:

And here's what they said about him after the workout:
http://trailblazerscentercourt.blogspot.com/2008/06/draft-workout-report-beaubois-lawson.html

Russell Westbrook looked great. He seems a lot taller and thicker in person than he does on tape. I assume he's put on some muscle since the end of the collegiate season and it really shows, especially in his arms. He's got some seriously long, wire-like arms. His body looks like it was made for playing perimeter defense in the NBA.

Westbrook did everything that you would expect from a Pac-10 Defensive Player of the Year. He's fast, active, instinctive and crazy athletic. Pritchard commented after the workout that "Russell does a great job of getting into that midrange and shooting it, jumping over people. He’s so athletic that way."

Really quick at getting off his feet. Vocal on defense. What I found the most interesting was that while on defense, he would call out "ball" and "shot" despite it being a one-on-one drill. That's a sign of a well-drilled, instictive defender. He also really seemed to enjoy working out.

Here's a bit more of what KP had to say about Westbrook's performance:
"Russell did great. He’s a talented young kid. He’s a great kid. He works hard and he did some good things. He shot the ball really well in the shooting drills and, you know, that’s kind of been his knock that he won’t be able to knock down shots. Obviously with us having Brandon, LaMarcus and Oden, shooting is of paramount importance for us."
Maybe the most surprising part of Westbrook's workout was his outside shooting. He knocked down a lot of long-range shots. By my count (I think I missed one of his stations), he went 30-for-40 during the three point drills. As Pritchard said, long-range shooting has been a facet of Westbrook's game that some have called into question, but he looked like a dead-eye shooter today.

Last edited:
yea he is going to be a great player in a year or two and i will welcome him to new york with open arms

now i think we should find a way to get a second pick inthis draft sumwhere between 8 and 18
i want to get a talented big man either a sf pf or c
ideal would be alexander but there are many great talents out there like randolph lopez jordan mcgee or maybe even if it comes down to it gallinari who im not a fan of

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
With all his workouts I've heard that he surprised people with his jumpshot and has been knocking them down i doubt thats coincidence...so he worked during the off-season on his jumpshot and the work payed off that in itself says alot about him.....we have to draft him...this guy is gonna be a huge star one day

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
to be honest im down with either Westbrook or Augustin...they will both have amazing careers but i want Westbrook more because he has everything in place its just that his jumpshot is streaky after he gets that consistent then he'll be a force on the court

and with the sound of things its that he will be the Knicks number 6 pick next week

all thats left is to make another move on draft day like trade Zach or get Gordon something...anything that gives a step in the right direction