D'Anotni has steep hill to climb

dre48ny

Rotation player
Out of the Knicks' 59 losses, more than half (31) were of ten points or higher. The Knicks were not competitive at all last season. Terrible losses include 104-59 @ Boston, 115-83 @ Denver, 108-82 to Golden State @ home, 119-92 to Indiana @ home, 105-77 to Philadelphia @ home, 100-83 to Chicago @ home, 124-84 @ Philadelphia, 115-92 @ Toronto, 118-92 @ Orlando, 108-79 @ Dallas, 114-93 @ Minnesotta, 130-114 @ Memphis.

Those were some of the most embarassing losses to highlight this horrific season. D'Antoni must stress to these players that last season was the most embarassing seasons in Knicks history. Knicks fan did not deserve this effort last season. Marbury will have to play his heart out, and the knicks should draft well and make some moves. I do think that D'Antoni will make a difference, but the NYK were not competitive at all!!!

Don't think they will make the playoffs next season, but they have to be better than last year's bull sh*t effort.

jpz17

Starter
Almost half-way average decision by Dolan to keep Thomas in til the end. It gave us a chance to get a better coach like D'Antoni, instead of having Williams take over and being put in as head coach for the next 2 or 3 seasons. that would not have been good

dre48ny

Rotation player
True. I do feel a little more confident with D'Antoni. I think he will get the best out of what he has. If we draft Augustine, the pure PG; D'Antoni did well with his previous pure PG Nash.

Kiyaman

Legend
Out of the Knicks' 59 losses, more than half (31) were of ten points or higher. The Knicks were not competitive at all last season. Terrible losses include 104-59 @ Boston, 115-83 @ Denver, 108-82 to Golden State @ home, 119-92 to Indiana @ home, 105-77 to Philadelphia @ home, 100-83 to Chicago @ home, 124-84 @ Philadelphia, 115-92 @ Toronto, 118-92 @ Orlando, 108-79 @ Dallas, 114-93 @ Minnesotta, 130-114 @ Memphis.

I do think that D'Antoni will make a difference, but the NYK were not competitive at all!!!

The Knicks Loss 59 games because they did not have a Defensive Concept within their system.

The Knicks NO-Defensive system lead to all those blowout games.

Now what was that you mention about Coach Mike D'Antoni making a difference.
Did'nt he get Fired because his coaching style did not consist of any Defense?

D'Antoni will make a difference? that's a LOL joke.

Coach Larry Brown had to force Marbury, Crawford, and Q.Richardson for the first time in their NBA career to play DEFENSE.
As much as I hated Larry Brown we old B-Ball Fans knew his system works, for slower teams like the Clippers, Pacers, 76ers, and Knicks it always took two seasons to get them on a winning track.
D'Antoni dont have 25% of the wits Larry Brown has and you will see that in the Bobcats vs Knicks record this season.
Watch the moves the Bobcats make this offseason. They already stole Hannerty from us.

Donnie Walsh is an idiot for hiring assistant coach D'Antoni. Phoenix was a high winning club with Joe Johnson, Marion, and Amare, the club just had to get rid of the two lockerroom cancer players Marbury & Penny, who teams does well once they leave.

Last edited:

KBlack25

Starter
While people may sit here and stress that the Knicks don't fit into D'Antoni's style, that they need to learn how to play defense, the bottom line is that this team, as of right now is not built to run ANYBODY'S plan effectively. So D'Antoni's system doesn't use a lot of hard nose, stop on a dime defense. You can sit there and say, "Man, this team is screwed. They can't play defense for their lives and now they've got a coach who isn't going to emphasize it." But to play Devil's Advocate, think about it the other way. If they had a hard nose defensive guy, we'd be sitting here complaining that the Knicks aren't built properly to run THAT system.

The Knicks, right now, are a team in total disarray, thrown together with no real rhyme or reason as to why they are all on a team together. They aren't built to run ANYONE'S system effectively. I think we need to give D'Antoni some time, he can get some personnel in there that he likes hopefully, and he'll start to right the ship.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
D'Antoni wasn't my first pick and I don't have high expectations but last years Knicks team was loaded with talent, more than Larry Brown's team. Defense isn't the only problem. Coaches like Larry Brown haven't coached to the teams strengths. We haven't seen a strong defensive team since the 99 finals but that doesn't mean we can't be competitive. D'Antoni has the people he wants around him and if he can get something out of Zach and Eddie or trade them and bending that Marbury does something and keeps his mouth shut, we may actually have a decent season.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
While people may sit here and stress that the Knicks don't fit into D'Antoni's style, that they need to learn how to play defense, the bottom line is that this team, as of right now is not built to run ANYBODY'S plan effectively. So D'Antoni's system doesn't use a lot of hard nose, stop on a dime defense. You can sit there and say, "Man, this team is screwed. They can't play defense for their lives and now they've got a coach who isn't going to emphasize it." But to play Devil's Advocate, think about it the other way. If they had a hard nose defensive guy, we'd be sitting here complaining that the Knicks aren't built properly to run THAT system.

The Knicks, right now, are a team in total disarray, thrown together with no real rhyme or reason as to why they are all on a team together. They aren't built to run ANYONE'S system effectively. I think we need to give D'Antoni some time, he can get some personnel in there that he likes hopefully, and he'll start to right the ship.

You have my vote for post of the month.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back

excellent point and post

dre48ny

Rotation player
The Knicks Loss 59 games because they did not have a Defensive Concept within their system.

The Knicks NO-Defensive system lead to all those blowout games.

Now what was that you mention about Coach Mike D'Antoni making a difference.
Did'nt he get Fired because his coaching style did not consist of any Defense?

D'Antoni will make a difference? that's a LOL joke.

Coach Larry Brown had to force Marbury, Crawford, and Q.Richardson for the first time in their NBA career to play DEFENSE.
As much as I hated Larry Brown we old B-Ball Fans knew his system works, for slower teams like the Clippers, Pacers, 76ers, and Knicks it always took two seasons to get them on a winning track.
D'Antoni dont have 25% of the wits Larry Brown has and you will see that in the Bobcats vs Knicks record this season.
Watch the moves the Bobcats make this offseason. They already stole Hannerty from us.

Donnie Walsh is an idiot for hiring assistant coach D'Antoni. Phoenix was a high winning club with Joe Johnson, Marion, and Amare, the club just had to get rid of the two lockerroom cancer players Marbury & Penny, who teams does well once they leave.

How could you bash a coach that hasn't coached one game for the Knicks yet. Sh*t I rather have a coach that has one of the top 5 records in the past few seasons than Isaiah. This team is designed to be offensive, there's a lot of scorers. I rather have a competitive team that can perhaps make the playoffs consistently than what we have now. Phoenix did not play d, but they won a sh%t load of games. F&ck that I wanna see some better efforts and good basketball, something we haven't seen in a while. If the Knicks next 2 or 3 seasons are horrendous, then u will shine with your prediction of D'Antoni, but as of now u can't back up your statements with any proof. The Knicks are 0-0 under D'Anotni.

Kiyaman

Legend
How could you bash a coach that hasn't coached one game for the Knicks yet. Sh*t I rather have a coach that has one of the top 5 records in the past few seasons than Isaiah. This team is designed to be offensive, there's a lot of scorers. I rather have a competitive team that can perhaps make the playoffs consistently than what we have now. Phoenix did not play d, but they won a sh%t load of games. F&ck that I wanna see some better efforts and good basketball, something we haven't seen in a while. If the Knicks next 2 or 3 seasons are horrendous, then u will shine with your prediction of D'Antoni, but as of now u can't back up your statements with any proof. The Knicks are 0-0 under D'Anotni.

You have to excuse me for my confidence in coach D'Antoni, he inhereted 4 Western Conference Star players (Nash, Johnson, Marion, and Amare) who's concentration was on being better than the style & system of the Championship Spurs whom eliminated Dallas & Suns in the postseason games before these 4 players were put together.
These 4 players had one thing in common their NBA career was only in the Western Conference so they monopolized their experience in dominating the West Coast.
I give Head Coach D'Antoni and his coaching staff their PROPS for keeping everything on the same-page between players & coaches.
But the Leadership and confidence of Players "Nash, Joe Johnson, and Marion", have to be given their "BIG-PROPA'S" for starting the Suns system off on their winning path.

What player on the Knicks roster showed the "Leadership Skillz" of Nash, or Joe Johnson, or Marion? where their Knick teammates will follow them.
You have to give KBlack25 his Props on his response, it desribe the best answer and position of this post.

dre48ny

Rotation player
KBlack's post was definitely potent. Yes those players leadership skills were a tremendous asset to the Suns' success, I will give you that. One of the biggest goals is to find our leader and go to guy. (We have neither) Knicks need an identity, but I believe this coach will accomplish that. It will take a while because some moves will be made and a leader will emerge for years to come. I have no choice but to trust our new coach, since I am optimistic in all aspects of my life. I gotta believe this franchise will turn it around and i will enjoy those glory days.

Kiyaman

Legend
KBlack's post was definitely potent. Yes those players leadership skills were a tremendous asset to the Suns' success, I will give you that. One of the biggest goals is to find our leader and go to guy. (We have neither) Knicks need an identity, but I believe this coach will accomplish that. It will take a while because some moves will be made and a leader will emerge for years to come. I have no choice but to trust our new coach, since I am optimistic in all aspects of my life. I gotta believe this franchise will turn it around and i will enjoy those glory days.

I hear ya, its just that I thought Walsh would hire a G.M. to go out there and find us a couple of leadership players that click together.
A G.M. that would clear the lockerroom of problem players so the coach could do his job.
I missed G.M. Ernie Grundfield who last three players (Spree, Camby, and Kurt Thomas) automatically clicked together in the Preseason Games under coach JVG system.