Metrocard's Mockdraft 4.0

metrocard

Legend
This will be my 2nd to last mock, next mock will be on Wednesday, day before the draft.

First Round
First Round
1 CHI Derrick Rose
2 MIA Michael Beasley
3 MIN O.J. Mayo
4 SEA Brook Lopez
5 MEM Kevin Love
6 NY D.J. Augustin
7 LAC Jerryd Bayless
8 MIL Anthony Randolph
9 CHA Eric Gordon
10 NJ Danilo Gallinari
11 IND Russell Westbrook
12 SAC Darrell Arthur
13 POR Joe Alexander
14 GS Brandon Rush
15 PHO Alexis Ajinca
16 PHI Donte Greene
17 TOR Robin Lopez
18 WAS DeAndre Jordan
19 CLE Kosta Koufos
20 DEN JaVale McGee
21 NJ Jason Thompson
22 ORL Marreese Speights
23 UTA Roy Hibbert
24 SEA Serge Ibaka
25 HOU Nicolas Batum
26 SA Mario Chalmers
27 NO Chris Douglas-Roberts
28 MEM Courtney Lee
29 DET Bill Walker
30 BOS J.J. Hickson

Second Round
1 MIN Nikola Pekovic
2 SEA Ryan Anderson
3 POR Omri Casspi
4 MIN DeVon Hardin
5 LAC Nathan Jawai
6 POR Omer Asik
7 MIL D.J. White
8 CHA Richard Hendrix
9 CHI Joey Dorsey
10 NJ Gary Forbes
11 IND George Hill
12 SAC Kyle Weaver
13 SAC Mike Taylor
14 UTA Semih Erden
15 SA Trent Plaisted
16 SEA Malik Hairston
17 WAS James Gist
18 PHO J.R. Giddens
19 GS Jamont Gordon
20 SEA Sonny Weems
21 DAL Shan Foster
22 MIA Pat Calathes
23 UTA Ante Tomic
24 HOU Anton Ponkrashov
25 POR Othello Hunter
26 SEA Sasha Kaun
27 SA Richard Roby
28 LAL Davon Jefferson
29 DET Drew Neitzel
30 BOS Shawn James

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
That's a good list of prospects. I hope the Knicks draft Augustin. He has All Star potential. :pimp:

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
This will be my 2nd to last mock, next mock will be on Wednesday, day before the draft.

First Round
1 CHI Derrick Rose
2 MIA Michael Beasley
3 MIN O.J. Mayo
4 SEA Jerryd Bayless
5 MEM Kevin Love
6 NY D.J. Augustin
7 LAC Russell Westbrook
8 MIL Eric Gordon
9 CHA Brook Lopez
10 NJ Danilo Gallinari
11 IND Anthony Randolph
12 SAC Darrell Arthur
13 POR Joe Alexander
14 GS Brandon Rush
15 PHO Alexis Ajinca
16 PHI Marreese Speights
17 TOR Robin Lopez
18 WAS JaVale McGee
19 CLE Kosta Koufos
20 DEN DeAndre Jordan
21 NJ Jason Thompson
22 ORL Courtney Lee
23 UTA Roy Hibbert
24 SEA Chris Douglas-Roberts
25 HOU Nicolas Batum
26 SA Mario Chalmers
27 NO J.J. Hickson
28 MEM DeVon Hardin
29 DET Bill Walker
30 BOS Serge Ibaka

Second Round
1 MIN Nikola Pekovic
2 SEA Ryan Anderson
3 POR Omri Casspi
4 MIN Ante Tomic
5 LAC Nathan Jawai
6 POR Omer Asik
7 MIL D.J. White
8 CHA Richard Hendrix
9 CHI Joey Dorsey
10 NJ Gary Forbes
11 IND George Hill
12 SAC Kyle Weaver
13 SAC Mike Taylor
14 UTA Semih Erden
15 SA Trent Plaisted
16 SEA Malik Hairston
17 WAS James Gist
18 PHO J.R. Giddens
19 GS Jamont Gordon
20 SEA Sonny Weems
21 DAL Shan Foster
22 MIA Pat Calathes
23 UTA Bryce Taylor
24 HOU Anton Ponkrashov
25 POR Othello Hunter
26 SEA Sasha Kaun
27 SA Richard Roby
28 LAL Davon Jefferson
29 DET Drew Neitzel
30 BOS Shawn James
If everything worked out that way do you feel he is a solid pick for us,And if we can get another pick in the late or mid first round who do you think would be a sleeper that maybe we can get lucky with

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
If everything worked out that way do you feel he is a solid pick for us,And if we can get another pick in the late or mid first round who do you think would be a sleeper that maybe we can get lucky with
Unfortunately, the Knicks do not have a 2008 second round pick. Isiah Thomas traded this year's second round pick(as part of the Zach Randolph trade), 2009's second round pick(as part of the Eddy Curry trade), and our 2010 first round pick(as part of the Stephon Marbury trade). If the Knicks want someone else, all they can do is sign an undrafted player. Unless they can find a team willing to give us a pick for the garbage on our team. lol

A player who I thought was a sleeper was Lester Hudson, but he decided to withdraw his name from the draft. He's a combo guard that averages 25.7 points, 7.8 rebounds, 4.5 assists, 2.8 steals, and .8 blocks for Tennesse-Martin college. He was the first division I player to record a quadruple double in a game. Another player I thought was a sleeper is Arizona Reid. He's a small forward that averages 23 points, 11 rebound, and 1.7 steals, on 53% shooting. I think he would help the Knicks a lot, because he's very efficient from the field, and Wilson Chandler is the only small forward on the Knicks that shoots a decent fg percentage. I'm not sure, but I think Reid still has his name in this year's draft.

Last edited:

New New York

Quiet Storm
I like Eric Gordon!

I know I am contradicting an early post when I said I did not want him, but the more I watch of him the more I see a lot of Tim Hardaway. I dont think he has Timmie's ball handling, but I think he is a better shooter, and Hardaway was an above average NBA shooter. Remember Hardaway was also considered a tweener coming out of UTEP.I predict that Gordon will have some off shooting nights (ala Tim's 0-14 rookie setting performance), but I also think he can be a force down the road. Gordon will at some point average low twenty to upper teens in scoring in the NBA. The word has it is that his shot is effortless. I think this season he probably is a sixth man, this season which I think is good. One thing he can learn from Steph is how to absorb contact and finish, which is a skill he did possess in college. And for what it is worth, he was an Isiah Thomas favorite. Ofcourse that is meaningless unless you're talking the NBA draft.

Now I still like Augustine, But I think he is better suited for a good team, ie. Rondo on the Celtics. I think he is more of a complemntary type PG, not the game changer we need. Now if we some how get some peices in place I think he could be just what we need, but it looks like we are not going to be able to deal anything and still keep this pick.

I hear Westbrook doesn't have the best J in the world which worries me because like or not we are stuck with Zach and Eddy which means we need shooters to open the floor for them.

metrocard

Legend
Well, rumors are that Minnesota loves Love, and Lopez might have a promise pick from Seattle or Minnesota(only teams he worked out for and met with)

Bucks love Randolph so I may have to do my whole lottery all over again.

I don't know, since NBA GM's see value in Mayo, Minnesota will probably trade down, as well as Seattle since guys like Mayo and Bayless have higher value and those teams can get extra. It just makes everything more confusing.

BCKnicks

Rookie
I really don't like either of the PGs that the Knicks are said to be looking at. Russell Westbrook is a phenomenal athlete and a tenacious defender, but he has a long way to go to prove that he can be an NBA point guard. It is not a foregone conclusion that he will develop the passing skills and feel for the game that will make him a complete and effective player worthy of the #6 pick he is a huge gamble in my opinion.
On the other hand, I have a great deal of respect for DJ Augustin as I followed him while he was at Texas. The kid can play ball and was a fantastic college hoops player who took his game to the next level after Durant left. He can both score and pass, but I am very wary of his NBA prospects. He is so small that I am afraid he will be totally overwhelmed on the defensive side of the ball. I feel that Augustin could be a Jameer Nelson type player. Nelson was a GREAT college baller but his pro game has never completely took off in large part because he is a huge defensive liability.
Hope that if the Knicks take Augustin he makes me eat crow, but honestly i would hate for them to pass on Bayless, Gallinari or Alexander with the 6th pick for Westbrook or
Augustin

Paul1355

All Star
unless bayless' skills have decreased i dont think he's going to land 7 and i like augustine and think hes going to be great but its really hard to pick him over bayless if bayless would still be available if your mock draft came true..i really dont know who'd i'd take augustine or bayless hard choice