Thoughts on a rumor

Paul1355

All Star
ESPN's Andy Katz reported that the Knicks might trade David Lee and Malik Rose to Memphis for Memphis' 5th pick and Brian Cardinal who still has 2 years and 13 mil left on his contract...this would give the knicks back to back picks 5 and 6 but if this would actually go down what do you think of getting rid of Lee (good rebounder) and Malik (who's contract expires in a year)anyway, possibility for a good point and big man...thoughts on this?

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blo...spn/blog/index?entryID=3458513&name=katz_andy

KologeroBx

Benchwarmer
Its Been Posted Homeboy

Anyway I Dont Think Its Bad Considering When Davids Contract Is Up He Might Want Too Much Or Just Might Not Wanna Stay

Why Not Possibly Get A Combo Like Augustin And Lopez

Or Bayless And Love

(Im Just Throwing Out A Big Guy/Small Guy Combo Out There I Dont Like Love Or Lopez That Much)

Paul1355

All Star
Its Been Posted Homeboy

Anyway I Dont Think Its Bad Considering When Davids Contract Is Up He Might Want Too Much Or Just Might Not Wanna Stay

Why Not Possibly Get A Combo Like Augustin And Lopez

Or Bayless And Love

(Im Just Throwing Out A Big Guy/Small Guy Combo Out There I Dont Like Love Or Lopez That Much)

i couldnt find a post about it so i posted it my bad

Kiyaman

Legend
I did'nt see the Post either, maybe its a response in one of the many trade posts.

Westbrook is simular to Deron Williams who was not ready to be a Starter his first two years in the NBA. Thanks to the training, workout sessions, and Lockerroom confidence of veteran PG-Fisher on the bench which made Deron Williams into a Top-5 PG in the NBA.
So look for the maturity in Westbrook talent and PG-creativeness in 2009-10.
I still believe in the Bobcats SG-Felton who had to play the PG position his NBA career (will Larry Brown get a PG so Felton could play full time at SG?).

Rose and Bayless is ready to become a Starter in the midseason of their rookie season they just need to be polished within the same coaching system their first three seasons in the league.

Beasely is the number one (#1) Pick in the 2008 draft. It does not matter who Chicago pick before him.

Joe Alexander athletic form and hustling prowness have him as a lethal 6th-man weapon to be use as a Finisher around the ball in his rookie season, has slipped in this draft to be the best available player at #5 to #7 pick.

Brook, Love, and Randolph has not been impressive enough to really gamble an early lottery draft pick on, a late lottery pick is worth the gamble. Because there are some great Bigmen picks in the teens and mid 20's that may outshine one or two of them.

The Knicks hired a celebrity head coach which is known for his uptempo system, the hard hustling rebounder David Lee maybe the only C/F-Bigman on the Knicks roster that can put up decent numbers consistently for 30 mpg in an uptempo system.
Is Starter David Lee worth losing for the 5th pick of this draft and Cardinal 2 year contract from Memphis?
I wont even bother answering that when Last year this time I said that David Lee should Start over Zach Randolph...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
David Lee and Malik rose for Brian Cardinal and the #5 pick is a no brainer. The #5 pick is most likely going to be a better player than David Lee, so why not? Brian Cardinal has a big contract, but who cares? The Knicks would end up with the #5 and #6 pick-meaning that we could potentially draft two stars. This trade sounds too good to be true, but remember what the Grizzlies did with the Lakers. After a move like that, by the Grizzlies, anything is possible.

metrocard

Legend
David Lee and Malik rose for Brian Cardinal and the #5 pick is a no brainer. The #5 pick is most likely going to be a better player than David Lee, so why not? Brian Cardinal has a big contract, but who cares? The Knicks would end up with the #5 and #6 pick-meaning that we could potentially draft two stars. This trade sounds too good to be true, but remember what the Grizzlies did with the Lakers. After a move like that, by the Grizzlies, anything is possible.

Co-sign. Brook Lopez is actually faster than most people think for a 7 footer. He has very STRONG legs that make him unguardable in the post. If he works on his upper body strength he could be a dominant post player, along with his perfect mid range jumpshot and hook shots. Defensively, he's a good shot blocker and average rebounder. He has a great feel for the game and he isn't afraid of getting the ball and being the go to guy.