2008 Summer League

metrocard

Legend
The Knicks will be taking part in the 2008 NBA Summer League presented by EA Sports in Las Vegas, Nevada this summer.

*-Televised on NBATV. We will update with local airings when they are released.

Monday July 14th
COX Pavilion
1 PM – New York vs. Cleveland*

Wednesday July 16th
COX Pavilion
1 PM – San Antonio vs. New York*

Friday July 18th
COX Pavilion
1 PM – Phoenix vs. New York*

Saturday July 19th
COX Pavilion
1 PM – New York vs. Charlotte*

Sunday July 20th
COX Pavilion
1 PM – Minnesota vs. New York*

Knicks property:
Nate Robinson - 4th year, MVP of last year's summer league
Renaldo Balkman - 3rd year, coming off a disappointing sophomore season
Mardy Collins - 3rd year, suddenly buried deep among veteran guards
Wilson Chandler - 2nd year, coming off scary knee sprain after solid finish to season
Danilo Gallinari - Rookie, first look at the sixth overall pick in his North American pro debut

Interesting addition:
Von Wafer, 6-4 G (Portland/Denver last season) - Former Florida State guard originally a second-round pick of the Lakers in 2005 and has bounced around the NBA (Clippers, Nuggets and Trail Blazers) and NBDL ever since.

Others:
Dan Grunfeld, 6-5 G (Stanford) - played in Spain this past season
Antonio Graves 6-2 G (Pittsburgh) - played in CBA this past season
Marcus Hall 6-2 G (Colorado) - undrafted rookie
Delonte Holland 6-7 F (DePaul) - Chandler's college teammate played in Italy
Brandon Hunter 6-7 F (Ohio) - also played in Italy
Antoine Johnson 6-1 G (Albany) - from Berman's alma mater (d'oh!) and played in Turkey
Paul Miller 6-10 F/C (Wichita State) played in Poland and previous Knicks camp invitee
Anthony Roberson 6-2 G (Florida) - played in Israel
Zhang Songtao 6-11 C (China) - dude is listed at 212 lbs.

Here's the schedule. All games will be played at the Cox Pavillion at UNLV and will be televised on MSG Network. Note: the times are Pacific Zone.

Monday, July 14 vs Cleveland, 1 p.m.
Wednesday, July 16 vs. San Antonio, 1 p.m.
Friday, July 18 vs. Phoenix, 1 p.m.
Saturday, July 19 vs. Charlotte, 1 p.m.
Sunday, July 20 vs. Minnesota, 1 p.m.

Knicks should invite Guillermo Diaz, he was one of the best guards in the ACC at the time.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks should put Eddy Curry and Jerome James in the Summer League. They really need it. My Summer League Starting Lineup:

PG DJ Augustin
SG Wilson Chandler
SF Renaldo Balkman
PF Eddy Curry*
C Jerome James*

Bench: PG Guillermo Diaz SG Mardy Collins, SF Quentin Richardson(yeah, I said it),PF Arizona Reid(this guy can play, I hope the Knicks decide to pick him up by a miracle-he's a small forward, but played as an undersized PF in college),
C Randolph Morris

*Play both of them a minimum of 30 minutes per game.

metrocard

Legend
We MUST invite Gary Forbes to our summer league team.
All Orlando draft camp player and was the greatest scorer to come out of draft camp. He went undrafted.
Shawn James is a SHOT BLOCKER and the best shot blocker in the nation who's an athlete that can shoot the 3. Sign him, he would be perfect in this system.

jpz17

Starter
DeMarcus Nelson and Allan Houston should go. But we really should invite Houston just to see if he can still play

Kiyaman

Legend
Will this Knick SLT be as devastating as last year Knick SLT with PG-Nate and the 6.8 lineup at SG, SF, and PF, with 6.11 C-Morris rebounds, blocks, and inside scoring?
I doubt it...

New New York

Quiet Storm
We MUST invite Gary Forbes to our summer league team.
All Orlando draft camp player and was the greatest scorer to come out of draft camp. He went undrafted.
Shawn James is a SHOT BLOCKER and the best shot blocker in the nation who's an athlete that can shoot the 3. Sign him, he would be perfect in this system.

Who was the PR kid from Vandy that we had last year? I thought he held his own and he deserves another look

metrocard

Legend
Who was the PR kid from Vandy that we had last year? I thought he held his own and he deserves another look

He's alright, but he doesn't have the athleticism to play in the NBA.
The only Ricans who could play in the NBA are Apodaca,(Euro MVP) Arroyo(NBA vet), Barea(Mavericks), Ayuso(one of the best shooters in the world, strong fast guard that can play defense, his weakness is he's a 6"3 SG and lacks ball handling skills), and Vassallo(VT superstar, one of the best scorers/shooters in the ACC)