The draft is tomorrow, do we trade David Lee or Nate Robinson?

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
This has been a popular rumor as of late and a burning question that fans want answered. Personally i wouldnt trade Lee unless we get the 3rd pick or better. That way we are guaranteed to get O.J. Mayo. Giving our 6th pick and Lee for the number 5 pick isnt a good idea at all, we move up a spot in the draft, and yeah our odds are better to land a more talented player but it isnt worth losing one of our best all-around players for. As far as robinson goes, i would like to seem him stay but honestly any pg or sg in the top ten spots in the draft i think will beat out robinson for play time, so walsh will be shopping robinson for sure. So KNICKS FANS, all comments, thoughts, and discussion goes here!

D-LEE42FAN

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
Im not saying this is true about Walsh or Dantoni,But most GMs and head coaches in a situation like this where the Knicks are so bad and they have to rebuild, Like to do it with there own guys players they have drafted or players they have traded for I guess its an ego thing so if they reach succes they dont want the credit going elsewhere and most of the time there replacing someone who has not done his job with the talent he has so they look to make changes and kind of put there own stamp on things.Because if the team was succeding nobody would have been fired for them to replace.So my thoughts about any of our young guys they will most likely be traded because there the only thing on this team with any value

jpz17

Starter
Im not saying this is true about Walsh or Dantoni,But most GMs and head coaches in a situation like this where the Knicks are so bad and they have to rebuild, Like to do it with there own guys players they have drafted or players they have traded for I guess its an ego thing so if they reach succes they dont want the credit going elsewhere and most of the time there replacing someone who has not done his job with the talent he has so they look to make changes and kind of put there own stamp on things.Because if the team was succeding nobody would have been fired for them to replace.So my thoughts about any of our young guys they will most likely be traded because there the only thing on this team with any value

Right now I just want everyone gone, except maybe Chandler, Lee, Robinson, picks, Balkmen.. but we might have to give them up in order to give up our bad players

Akamu

The King
If it's regarding O.J. Mayo trade which ever, I like Nate and Lee is pretty good but if it's sacrifices we must make, then by all means take them away. Mayo will do more for us in the long run. As long as chandler is not traded then I don't mind.

Paul1355

All Star
nate can be better trade bait to teams like Sacramento etc who really need pg's and Lee is more valuable just because of rebounding period. Nate is also undersized but we all know it doesnt matter for a guy who won the dunk contest. If the knicks give up Lee to Memphis they will HAVE to get either Kevin Love or Brook Lopez becuase Jeffries should not get as much playing time as Lee does. I think giving up Lee is a gamble but his contract is up after this year and he will ask for alot more that the knicks dont have adn want to save for 2010.. so maybe walsh would be thinking in the future rather than present and actually make it happen but espn reported in the draft preview that the knicks will porbably just stay at 6...on the other hand getting a good point and big man could be worth it. Lee is more valuable in more categories than Nate and the knicks need for rebounding is huge..only Zach and Lee can do it for them as of now.

Nyankee

Rookie
Son........... I DO NOT WANT THAT STUPID ITALIAN GUY ON THE KNICKS... if we draft him... I am going to be madder than when we passed on Amarie Stoudimire and drafted Mike Sweetney.... fo real... if anyone watches basketball... the best person to select is either Mayo, DJ Augustine, Westrbook, or Bayless... thats of course it anyone watches basketball.

I agree 100% man. ESPN seems to be pretty locked in on us drafting that guy. They even showed some clips o him today on the draft preview show and even thought he was dropping buckets his movements just looked so slow and awkard and unfluid. And that was aginst other Euros. Imagine how he would be in the NBA.

But Neway I don't want either Nate or D lee to go but If we have to get rid of them to better the team then so be it. I would like atleast one of them to be able to stay since thy're such fan favorites and provide much needed sparks off the bench.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
If its going to make the team better, BOUNCE!! I personally think they are both ripe for a trade, get rid of dem and lets get better

Kiyaman

Legend
Last year should the Portland Blazers with the first Lottery pick, should they have traded young players LaMarcus Aldridge, or Brandon Roy, or the first pick to get rid of their 20-10 Zach Randolph, so they could become a .500 season team again?

We should've known by draft night that NBA teams dont want to talk to the Knicks about any players other than "David Lee or Nate Robinson". The two players that are not Knick starters.

I wonder why no NBA team want to talk trade with the Knicks about any of the Knicks Starters or the 7th Man off the bench Jared Jefferies?<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Lee and Memphis

It has been reported that Lee's agent made clear to Memphis that Lee would not signe a long term contract with Memphis but would go to free agency wehn the opportunity arose. That would give Memphis only two years with Lee and apparentlly eliminates the trade for the 5th pick.

Willingness to give up Lee suggests that the Knicks might well pick Gallinari. That will upset many of the posters here.

GetRealistic

Starter
We have no untouchable players on this roster. If the RIGHT trade appears that helps us cut money and improve comes forth you have to jump on it.

Don't know if its just me, but i find Lee's agent sending messages to the Memphis brass saying he doesn't want to play there pretty classless. For all Lee knows in two years with the further devolpment of Rudy Gay, Marc Gasol, and Mike Conley Jr. and future first round picks Memphis could be a solid team.

Lets see what the Lee lovers think of him in a way sabotoging a potential trade that would help this team.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
We have no untouchable players on this roster. If the RIGHT trade appears that helps us cut money and improve comes forth you have to jump on it.

Don't know if its just me, but i find Lee's agent sending messages to the Memphis brass saying he doesn't want to play there pretty classless. For all Lee knows in two years with the further devolpment of Rudy Gay, Marc Gasol, and Mike Conley Jr. and future first round picks Memphis could be a solid team.

Lets see what the Lee lovers think of him in a way sabotoging a potential trade that would help this team.

I dont like what lee did either but most players are like that and who would wanna play in memphis? That still doesnt make it right what he did. And I do agree that we have no untouchable players but the Lee lovers seem to think hes our franchise player :lol:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
If it's regarding O.J. Mayo trade which ever, I like Nate and Lee is pretty good but if it's sacrifices we must make, then by all means take them away. Mayo will do more for us in the long run. As long as chandler is not traded then I don't mind.

amen to that Chandler will be a beast someday