The draft is tomorrow, do we trade David Lee or Nate Robinson?

Kiyaman

Legend
I dont like what lee did either but most players are like that and who would wanna play in memphis? That still doesnt make it right what he did. And I do agree that we have no untouchable players but the Lee lovers seem to think hes our franchise player :lol:

All Lee did was give Memphis a "Heads-up", that he is going to test the waters in the free agent market. So dont make any long future plans involving him on this trade.
Memphis should Respect that.

Alot of Knick-Fans may not want to contradict what they said in the past about Lee not being a STARTER, but they have to admit that David Lee played great beside Davis, Curry, Frye, and Zach.
I'm sure Lee's agent been looking at a list of teams Lee could be a starter on.
You cant blame Lee for being wise enough to know that Memphis should've spent more time at making life better by building around a Star player like PF-Gasol.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Lee and Portland

Would Lee be more willing to go to Portland and re-unite with Frye? Would/should the Knicks send Lee to Portland for the 13th pick?

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
It has been reported that Lee's agent made clear to Memphis that Lee would not signe a long term contract with Memphis but would go to free agency wehn the opportunity arose. That would give Memphis only two years with Lee and apparentlly eliminates the trade for the 5th pick.

Willingness to give up Lee suggests that the Knicks might well pick Gallinari. That will upset many of the posters here.

first of all thanks for all the posts guys, it looks like we want to say goodbye to lee but we are still trying to find a deal that would land us MAYO.

But yes i will be PISSED if we draft Gallinari, that would be the worst pick you could possibly choose from.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
All Lee did was give Memphis a "Heads-up", that he is going to test the waters in the free agent market. So dont make any long future plans involving him on this trade.
Memphis should Respect that.

Alot of Knick-Fans may not want to contradict what they said in the past about Lee not being a STARTER, but they have to admit that David Lee played great beside Davis, Curry, Frye, and Zach.
I'm sure Lee's agent been looking at a list of teams Lee could be a starter on.
You cant blame Lee for being wise enough to know that Memphis should've spent more time at making life better by building around a Star player like PF-Gasol.

He most likely stopped the trade from happening. He shoulda kept his mouth shut...he doenst owe memphis anything. No need to give them a heads up. He gets payed to be the best basketball player he can be.....he should keep his opinions to himself. I was fair with what i said....you must be another Lee stan catching feelings :lol:

Trin_Starr

Starter
Lee is in the walsh doghouse now - he's pushing for madd trades and Lee is in all of them.

That lee + malik to memphis for the #5 would have been perfect.

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
Lee going

I love David Lee and will be sad to see him leave, however, it makes a lot of sense to move him. When his contract is up next year, the team still won't be ready to compete for a title. They won't be able to pay him what he wants and will probably lose him then. The Knicks are better off grabbing a top rookie who can have 3 years to develop at a moderate salary. Lee's great as a 6th man but the Knicks need franchise players first. Hopefully, they can find one tonight.

metrocard

Legend
When teams call Walsh the first words that come out of their mouth is David Lee.

Lets face it, Lee is our best trading asset and its going to be hard to pull of a deal without him since Isiah traded TWO MAJOR trading assets in Francis' expiring and a young prospect like Fye.

Now, if we trade Lee; we won't have much trading pieces except Robinson and Chandler who aren't that highly valued as Lee.

Walsh is probably considering this scenario, so its not an easy decision.

Walsh just has to try his best to find a finder for Curry, Randolph and Crawford.

The best one to me is Cleveland. They have a ton of expiring contracts and they want to keep Lebron happy. Lebron needs scorers on his sides, and Crawford and Curry are some of the best scorers in the NBA at their position. We could move on and get under the cap much easily, and even take a draft pick from Cleveland since they're not too hot about anyone @ 19.