Danilo Gallinari

Vax

Rookie
"Your going to tell me some Euro slob is better than Lebron, Pierce, Prince, Bowen Etc"

man do u think anyone we drafted would have been better then those guys straight away. No one in this draft is going to be better then LeBron and Pierce lol. Lets give him a chance to prove himself b4 crucifying him.

I'm new here and I agree about your beeing skeptical. But do you think if Rose or Beasley was free to pick at no.6 NYK selected the italian guy anyway? The answer was no, but at no. 6 I can't see anyone better than Gallinari.
Keep in mind he has much more experience than any other guys selected after his pick.Also is a tremendus hard worker, tough and understand the game.Can shoot and pass extremly well. I think he needs time to figure out how the US basketball goes, but give hiim a chance.He's miles better than Bargnani,Skita,Lampe,Weis ...You'll see it:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Par

Rookie
Hi NY fans, i'm an italian NBA fan.
Yesterday watching the draft i've heard a lot of boo when David Stern said that Gallinari will be a Knicks player. I'm here just to tell you that you don't know who are you "booing" at. Danilo is absolutely the best european prospect right now, he got great shoot, great offensive view and great intangibles. I think that it is the best pick that the Knicks could do at six.
If you got in your eyes the performance of Andrea Bargnani, forget it. Danilo is really more motivated, emotional, and strong than Andrea...maybe Bargnani has only a better shot.
I've seen him playing since he was a kid, and you really don't know the potential of this guy. Danilo played for Milan, the team i hate more i italian league because of the rivarly with my town.
Obviousley he's not Micheal Beasley or Carmelo Anthony, but, belive me, he got skills that nobody in this draft have. I'm not a Knick , i'm a Lakers fan (please don't kill me) so i'm not interested very much to Danilo's success, but i'm here to guarantee you that you will not regret about this choice.
Don't think about the fact that D'Antoni was a teammate of Danilo's father, just liten who have seen Danilo playing for years.
see ya!!

gallo8

Rookie
hello NY fans
i agree with Par...you don't know who you're "booing" to....he's the best under22 euroleague player of the year and the MVP of the italian championship (which is on a higher level than NCAA).
He's an hard worker, he hates losing, he's much better than bargnani (and he was the first pick...) and D'Antoni will improve him very much.
You have chosen a great young player for the future!!!
GO KNICKS AND GALLO!!! :gony:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Not a bad pick for a number 6 spot. Here's the part where I piss all of you guys off. Knicks fans boo because they don't know shit. Just like they booed when we drafted Baulkman. We really need to stop giving our selves credit for having a wealth of basketball knowledge when must of us (American born) do not really follow over seas teams.

No single player below the #3 pick will change any team in the league. I don't think there was a bad pick for us to make. Yea we have another SF. Would it be better if we drafted another guard? Don't we have Robinson and Collins? Don't sleep on Collins after one bad season. He'll develope into a good PG if given the opportunity.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
not sure what you people are on. but look, we are all knicks fans. some have different philosophies than others but we all want the same thing. lets be respectful of that or you will have your "opinion"/personal attack deleted as the one above me. not sure in what society you were raised but on planet earth if you attack someone personally you have already lost the war on words. if you resort to personal attack that means you have no other form of proving your point and are weak. knicks fans are not weak, weve been through too much.. please dont make me start to believe otherwise. thank you.

by the way.. eric gordon is a good scorer.. but hes not going to be an allstar. he will reach jamal crawford maybe even jerry stackhouse status of a quality sixth man third guard in rotation but at this point hes a small scorer thats passing ability/leadership is not highly regarded. but once again i hope he proves me wrong. i dont wish anyone doesnt reach their potential.. just as Im hoping Danilo reaches his.

metro brings up very good points (and in a totally unhostile way!). most of you havent seen his game. most of you dont realize that this kid is a star.. a rookie star in midst a group of veteran pros. im not saying he will be one in america but thats a good a sign if i do say so.

lol, what kind of moderator are you dude? unhostile way, get a clue... my post gets deleted but that fuck gets to talk bullshit throughout... there was nothing that I stated that wasn't true and valid... If you agree with the pick then fine, I don't, that isn't a reason to delete one post and then leave one who basically agrees with you point of view... LAME

The Voice

Rookie
The Knicks are rebuilding not reloading, so in this pick you take what you need in 2-3 years and someone that will not demand 10 million a year right up front. Eating the salary cap up. Thats what you would have got with almost all of the top 10 college picks.

I don't see the Knicks that much better until D'Antoni gets players for his system in place. Which means more than likely the Knicks will be in the lottery at least 2 more years. And who knows may pull off a "Bulls" 1st pick selection.

D'Antoni watches more European basketball than anyone that I know. I bet almost all of you haven't seen a Euro game since the last Olypmics, or World Games. This kid dominated his league at 19 yrs old. He has an orthodox shot, but it goes in a lot of the times. Those that say he isn't quick enough. Ive watched his footwork and it seems to be off somewhat. If he can be taught correct footwork his speed may improve.

GetRealistic

Starter
Look bro.

Drk and Hedo aren't quick or "athletic", but they're still some of the best players at their respected positions.

You would be happy with someone like Hedo who IS a perennial all star(averages 20 ppg 6 rebs 5 assist).

Gallinari is capable of doing those stats. Gallinari is just 19 and dominated his league. Darko, Bargnani, Tskivili, Lampe never dominated their respected leagues, all they did was show flashes. Thats the difference between Danilo.

Do your research before you talk shit, for real.

Didn't hedo take about 6 years to reach his full on potential? Do we really have that much time?

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
lilman_bklyn, you're one of the whackest niggas on this site, so in perspective anything you say is irrevelant.

Whatever research you're doing; you're not showing it. Wheres the facts? You're not dropping any new knowledge here.

I'm a man.
understood?
Don't talk to me like you were panties and got your nails polished. Address me like a man, especially a dude like me. I'm the most hood nigga alive, you need acknowledge this; I'm not one of your herb ass friends.

You sounding like a bitch right now, typical of you

I like making things inconvenient for bitch niggas, go cry if you can't handle my ether, puto. Enjoy being the Charlie Murphy of the forum

RickJamesSlap.gif

D'Antoni and Walsh picked Danilo because they think he's ready to contribute right away. These guys are NBA professionals, you're just fat ass who's only good at raping a bag of doritos in 30 seconds. Your opinion is nice and all, but really shut the fuck up and stop trying to force your opinion that lacks a lot of logic and source on others. You haven't watched Danilo at all to even ASSESS him and say he can't contribute right away. You don't know that, so shut the fuck up as I repeat. Next time bring out your resources before you say your typical retarded ranks, pendejo.

BITCH, that's ya name son, aight, try to remember that, faggot... Now you and NYKNICKS15 are both idiots... You say you did research and you are telling people do their research yadda yadda, BS, what research have you guys done? As I stated b4, but NYKNICKS15 foolazz goes and deletes it, all the research you guys could have done, was the same research any real knick fan has most likely already done. Going to multiple draft sites, international boards youtube and seeing what this guy is about. And if you punks were honest with yourselves, instead of being Knick nuthuggers, then you would see this guy is Adam Morrison, this guy is JJ Redick, this guy is any number of guys who came out of college and had intensity and could shoot, and do a little dribbling... but that's it. Reggie Miller was a great shooter, but if he couldn't run off a pick to get open and get his shot, then he would have been an average Joe.

Fact is, The guy is a project, maybe he'll be good, most likely he'll be average. My main point, which you BIG COCK lovers, are refusing to see, is that the Knicks could have gotten Augustine or Bayless, who, inthe weak ass eastern division, could have helped the Knicks starting now and continuing next year when Marbury is gone. & I truly believe that Augustine will be a very very good pg in less than 3 years top 5 in terms of shooting and distributing the ball.

Sax

Rookie
His Nickname Is The Rooster (I Dunno Why) And Some Of Our Witty Little Knicks Friends Thought It Be Cool To Go Around Saying "Big Cock"
1st of all, Rooster is the exactly translation of Gallo in Italian language, in Italy we call him Gallo directly from his last name Gallinari.
2nd Trust me, he should be the right solution for the Knicks, because he's a smart player
but he is also humble and a great worker, he is able to find the solution to make point or to find the best team mate with an assistance. He have a good ball handling and a strong defense, he is also a good blocker.
I followed him for the last two years, it is a good business for NY.

GetRealistic

Starter
Honestly I"m not really sure either way on this pick. On one hand i've never seen him play in an actually game so just for that i'm skeptical. Some of the analyst say good things about him and some say bad, which is true for basically every player in the draft.

He's young and from the tapes he atleast seems to have alot of positive things. I don't think you can teach lateral quickness but you can deffinately teach defense, he may never be a lockdown defender but if he can be an average defender and a good offensive player you can live with that.

I personally wanted Russell Westbrook or Joe Alexander, but westbrook was gone and it seemed like the Knicks since day one wanted Gallinari.

My biggest problem with the pick is the massive glut at small forward we have.

Gallinari
Chandler
Richardson
Jefferies
Balkman

Hopefully we'd be able to work some sort of package and add a veteren PG or a shot blocker but unfortunately we all know the Knicks have no assets and this most likely will be the opening night roster.

At this point i'm neither really high or really low on this pick. I'd like to atleast see him play a few times before making a decision

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Also BITCH, Perennial all star would mean that somebody would have had to make it AT LEAST once... you fuckin jerkoff, hedu turkoglu is a good player, that took 6 years to become good on a team that didn't even draft him. Also, he wasn't the 6th overall pick in the draft... BITCH

metrocard

Legend
BITCH, that's ya name son, aight, try to remember that, faggot... Now you and NYKNICKS15 are both idiots... You say you did research and you are telling people do their research yadda yadda, BS, what research have you guys done? As I stated b4, but NYKNICKS15 foolazz goes and deletes it, all the research you guys could have done, was the same research any real knick fan has most likely already done. Going to multiple draft sites, international boards youtube and seeing what this guy is about. And if you punks were honest with yourselves, instead of being Knick nuthuggers, then you would see this guy is Adam Morrison, this guy is JJ Redick, this guy is any number of guys who came out of college and had intensity and could shoot, and do a little dribbling... but that's it. Reggie Miller was a great shooter, but if he couldn't run off a pick to get open and get his shot, then he would have been an average Joe.

Fact is, The guy is a project, maybe he'll be good, most likely he'll be average. My main point, which you BIG COCK lovers, are refusing to see, is that the Knicks could have gotten Augustine or Bayless, who, inthe weak ass eastern division, could have helped the Knicks starting now and continuing next year when Marbury is gone. & I truly believe that Augustine will be a very very good pg in less than 3 years top 5 in terms of shooting and distributing the ball.

You mad homie? lilbitch_bkln, Learn how to take a joke just like you know how to take a dick. You sound like a heart broken little girl right now. Like I said, come at me like a man, not a bitch.

Augustin will be good, but your bitchass doesn't know anything about Gallinari, he's far from a "project", he's a proven player.

It take most lottery picks 3-5 years to become an all star. Gallinari will reach that level because his box of skills, talent, work ethic and feel for the game. Nothing will stop this kid from reaching greatness.

Gordon will never be an all star in this league, turnover prone and a chucker.
Bayless will be a scorer, a brolic Tony Parker, potential all star.
Augustin could average 18 and 10 sometime in his career, especially since Brown loves him more than Felton,

Danilo is a potential
22 ppg
6 rebounds
5 assist guy
with 49% FG
42% 3pt
89% FT

He could even get better than that too.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think Danilo Gallinari is gonna be a good player. However, this is what I have wrong with the pick.

1) Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni took absolutely no consideration into the fact that the Knicks have major defensive struggles.

2)The Knicks will most likely never give Wilson Chandler the opportunity he deserves to prove his offensive and defensive talent that he showed last year.

3) If Walsh and D'Antoni were dying so much for a Small Forward/Power Forward, why didn't they just take Anthony Randolph? The guy averages over 15 points per game, 8.5 rebounds, 1 steal, and 2.3 blocks. At the very least, Randolph would've gave the Knicks defense.

4) Why didn't they get a point guard or a center? The Knicks needed a point guard that could eventually replace Marbury, when his contract expires in 2009. The Knicks need a center that could replace Eddy Curry, because Curry is one of the biggest liabilities(the biggest liability in my opinion) on this team.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Honestly I"m not really sure either way on this pick. On one hand i've never seen him play in an actually game so just for that i'm skeptical. Some of the analyst say good things about him and some say bad, which is true for basically every player in the draft.

He's young and from the tapes he atleast seems to have alot of positive things. I don't think you can teach lateral quickness but you can deffinately teach defense, he may never be a lockdown defender but if he can be an average defender and a good offensive player you can live with that.

I personally wanted Russell Westbrook or Joe Alexander, but westbrook was gone and it seemed like the Knicks since day one wanted Gallinari.

My biggest problem with the pick is the massive glut at small forward we have.

Gallinari
Chandler
Richardson
Jefferies
Balkman

Hopefully we'd be able to work some sort of package and add a veteren PG or a shot blocker but unfortunately we all know the Knicks have no assets and this most likely will be the opening night roster.

At this point i'm neither really high or really low on this pick. I'd like to atleast see him play a few times before making a decision

I agree about the glut we have at small forward. If his lateral quickness and ability to defend small forwards is questioned, he'll get his ass torched by shooting guards. If we play him at power forward hes giving up weight and height. They say hes still growin, if he grows another 2 inches and proves he can at least play good team defense then ill be ok with this pick. Im just not sure where hes gonna play next year.