Danilo Gallinari

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
And, i'd like to ask to those here that simply don't like "foreign basketball" (for example, i read KnicksFan4Realz) a q: is there maybe something stupid in the general managers and in the coaches of your NATIONAL basketball association to pick and bring in the rosters all these european and south american players? Or maybe D'Antoni knows basketball better than you? All right, i'm going to sleep with these questions in my mind... Goof night from Rome (here is 1 am). Still, sorry for my english

If it were true...then how come so many of them choke big time in the playoffs, when the defensive pressure is turned up a few notches?

Dirk was killing people all 05-06 but got his handed to him when he went up against the Heat...and then didn't even survive and faded away against GS...06-07...so what the fuck?

Mehmet Okur...Andrei Kirilenko...haven't gotten jazz anywhere...really until Deron Williams has gotten there....

Stojakavic has had a history of going cold in the playoffs when it counts...all those years with the Kings...everyone else kept playing but he couldn't do nothing come play off time..and he was there best shooter...then again this past season with the Hornets...couldn't do shit after game 3....

Foreign players..will give you all the stats till the playoffs kick in.

And look at the Spurs...When Duncan ain't dominant Ginobli and Parker can't hold an entire series, they can't. Oberto faded away like shit as well.

Luis Scola did great for the Rockets all regular season...fuck happened to him against Utah?

Face it your boys still just a little to soft.

Yao Ming...seems like he can't seem to ever play 82 games in a season and be dominant in the playoffs.

Pau Gasol...got his ass handed to him by KG this Finals run....

All y'alls best European players just can't cut it.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Try to imagine this team

Parker (France)
Ginobili (Argentina)
Stojakovic (Serbia)
Nowitzki (Germany)
Gasol (Spain)

Calderon (Spain)
Vujacic (Serbia)
Kirilienko (Russia)
Scola (Argentina)
Turkoglu(Turchia)
Gallinari(Italy)
Nesterovic (Serbia)
Okur (Turchia)

Is it a good team?Can it win the ring?

I have also to remember the all time best European player: Arvidas Sabonis.
He arrived in NBA old and after many injuries, in America you did'nt see the real Sabonis.He had a great carrer in Europe and if you can, see on ESPN classic the olympic match URSS-USA 1988.Sabonis against Robinson.Fantastic.
I start to play basketball center in my team in Italy in that period and Ewing and Sabonis were my idols.(best American center and best european center, the 2 best in the world, in my opinion)

I can easily murk that lineup:

Starting 5

Deron Williams
Kobe Bryant
Tayshuan Prince
Kevin Garnett
Dwight Howard

Reserves
Chris Paul
Micheal Redd
Carmelo Anthony
Lebron James
Emeka Okafor
Rasheed Wallace
Derek Fisher

My team is just too physical for you..right there...

Y'all can space the floor all u want...I got good perimeter defenders...that play all 4 quarters all 48 mins. None of you bitches is stopping us from driving the lane, rebounding, and blocking shots.

metrocard

Legend
Kobe Bryant:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-ushoops30-2008jun30,0,5472739.story

Q: How does international play differ from that in the NBA?

A: I think the NBA is actually a little less physical than international basketball. I think the international basketball rules and what they have, it's what the NBA used to be in the '80s, in terms of being able to hand-check and set screens and roll with the guard under, real physical in the paint. It's a much more physical game.

USA gotta win gold before they talk the smack. Right now, Spain is the best basketball country.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Kobe Bryant:

A: I think the NBA is actually a little less physical than international basketball. I think the international basketball rules and what they have, it's what the NBA used to be in the '80s, in terms of being able to hand-check and set screens and roll with the guard under, real physical in the paint. It's a much more physical game.

USA gotta win gold before they talk the smack. Right now, Spain is the best basketball country.

of course it is, thanks to all the rules that puts the offensive player an advantage, can even breathe next to the offensive player nowadays

jpz17

Starter

Starting 5

Deron Williams
Kobe Bryant
Tayshuan Prince
Kevin Garnett
Dwight Howard

Reserves
Chris Paul
Micheal Redd
Carmelo Anthony
Lebron James
Emeka Okafor
Rasheed Wallace
Derek Fisher

Y'all can space the floor all u want...I got good perimeter defenders...that play all 4 quarters all 48 mins. None of you bitches is stopping us from driving the lane, rebounding, and blocking shots.

This was a debate on wether Euro players were good. Not Americans

umynot

Benchwarmer
What gets me is that you haters say Europeans are soft! And that players like Dirk never won it all! Or that Gallinari wont be the next God for our franchise!

I love to read opinions hence the site but lets get real her people its the sixth pick not the first pick! We got great value with our pick! Definite better pick then Yi last year! I happen to follow Euro hoops and this kid can play! Period! He would of dominated NCAA ball last year! Maybe avg a triple double against those kids!

If he ends up like Dirk Ginnobli Parker or even Kukoc all you haters will be band wagoning anyway! So truthfully its dumb to argue with you!

umynot

Benchwarmer

Starting 5

Deron Williams
Kobe Bryant
Tayshuan Prince
Kevin Garnett
Dwight Howard

Reserves
Chris Paul
Micheal Redd
Carmelo Anthony
Lebron James
Emeka Okafor
Rasheed Wallace
Derek Fisher

Lets not get things twisted! The best Players in the world come from USA hands down!

But saying that the rest of the world has caught up!

Top 5 players Lebron Kobe Garnett Duncan and Pual or Peirce are all Americans (even though Duncan is from the Virgin Islands) Aftter that though you Have to admit that its a mucher closer call between American players and players from outside of America!

Would you rather have McGrady or Nash?
Dirk or Billups? Howard or Yao? Ginnobli or Teshaun Prince?

Either way you get value! Are value at 6 was a European named Gallinari!

Where we better off with Bayless? Only time will Tell!!

EB31

Rookie
Kobe Bryant:

Great post. Hopefully will show the many members here that know nothing about Euro ball that it's not as "soft" as they think. It's actually far more physical than the NBA.

The rules in the NBA make it "softer" here. Euro players come here and commit too many fouls because they are still accustomed to playing their way....hard. So they try to ease up and play by our "protect the oofensive player" rules thus making them seem "soft".

People, please know what you're talking about before you rant about it. Euro ball is tough and extremely physical. Ask any NBA'er who's been a part of Team USA.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
we have till next season to care bout gallinari, if he's still around..or have i missed something that he will be coming back this season?

MrMagoo

Rookie
hi i'm from italy, do you have any news about Danilo's health? No chance to know something from this side of the Atlantic...

bye

knicklover

Benchwarmer
hi i'm from italy, do you have any news about Danilo's health? No chance to know something from this side of the Atlantic...

bye

He's out for another 4-5 weeks resting his bad back. I guess it will take another couple of weeks after that to get in shape and get back in the line up. As a guess, I think he'll be playing again in late January if he doesn't hurt it again.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
He's out for another 4-5 weeks resting his bad back. I guess it will take another couple of weeks after that to get in shape and get back in the line up. As a guess, I think he'll be playing again in late January if he doesn't hurt it again.

nice to know im waiting to see him play when he's healthy, he's a good player and would be a major plus to our team....i think he'll be 100% by mid Feburary

richtree

Rotation player
good to see him working out...funny when he is back we will have 3 players playing the same position 4 if you count Q

and zero shooting guards..

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
good to see him working out...funny when he is back we will have 3 players playing the same position 4 if you count Q

yea rich makes u want Harden that much more right LMAO....Evans wont be a bad pick either ....

rick700

Rookie

I think that gallinari has the ball handling skills to play the two, but not the ability to guard the 2. With the knicks versatily on the knicks they can use chandler or harrington to guard the 2 and have gallinari guard the 3 or 4. This knick team is so exciting b/c they have four players who can play multiple positions.
Next years starting lineup
1. duhon
2. Gallo
3. Chandler
4. Harrington
5. D. Lee