Danilo Gallinari

FameMos

Benchwarmer
My thing is, you don't take projects with the 6th pick in the draft... You take the best player available who fits into your scheme, and that player was DJ Augustin
EXACTLY!
It's the 6TH OVERALL PICK PPL! The 6th pick in the NBA draft should project 2 be an All Star (unless it's a weak draft) and this kid will NOT be an All Star. I don't wanna hear 'we have 2 see what he can do 1st' or 'give him time'. NO! This kid is gonna be a bust and I can feel it! Where's the Athlethicism? Where's the Quickness? Where's the Defense? If ur a 6th overall pick in the NBA, u BETTER be Athletic or Quick and he's neither

metrocard

Legend
Maybe D'Antoni and staff can teach Gallinari quickness and athleticism...oh yeah, that not a attribute a player can learn. What good is being a good shooter if you can't get your shot off? Again Gallinari is a 2nd rounder. I'm just being honest, he the second coming of JJ Reddick. A guy that shot at amazing levels in college against far more athletic competion than Gallinari, and has ZERO SUCCESS IN THE NBA!!! Gallinari can't defend, and will struggle against NBA defenders. Pure and simple. This League has the worlds best defenders. So, how does a guy with no lateral movement help this team get better? I still say Wilson Chandler is a better player than Gallinari. He can score and defend. Summer League will be the gris test, and I'm fearful for the Kid's chances, which are comparable to a snowball in Hades (Hell for those that don't really read).

Go back to your cave, you never seen him play.

brooklyn_baller318, I did my research. Gordon stinks.

Gordon is just a 6"3 SG that is a poor rebounder/passer/defender.
Gordon averaged 3.6 turnovers and only 2.2 assist. He plays like Jamal Crawford and shoots 33% from 3pt land.

Gordon and Crawford play too similar. Crawford is better than Gordon rigt now since Crawford can atleast play PG. Gordon is just stuck at one position, like his game; one dimensional.

He's nothing special, 3.6 turnovers to 2.2 assist; you can't trust his ball handling at all. His shot selection is so awful and he came out shooting 33% (not so great). He should be a good rebounder for someone with his ability, but I guess he doesn't like rebounding at a high rate. Defensively he has a lot of work to do.

Eric Gordon is just really a chunkier version of Ben Gordon with less shooting ability. Theres no doubt Gordon can score the basketball, but so can Robinson, Marbury and Crawford. We didn't need Gordon; we need a guy we can build around and a guy with versility or just a pure PG (Augustin)

Gordon is the last of the great lottery guards in this draft behind Mayo, Rose, Bayless, Augustin and Westbrook.

Watch Gordon play more, he's the biggest ball hog in this draft, if you don't like Crawford, why would you like Gordon? He plays as wreckless and as turnover prone as Crawford. He's nothing but a streaky undersized one dimensional SG.

Gordon was terrible the last two months. He shot 21% (16 out of 77) 3pt shots. That's pretty awful. Gordon routinely would heave up bowling balls from well beyond the NBA 3-point line (some of which weren?t even close), even though he obviously needed to get himself easier shots at the rim. When he did try and take the ball to the basket. Gordon force a lot of plays hence the reason for his high turnovers and low assist. He tends to settle for tough fade-awayjumpers with bigger and longer defenders drapped all over him contesting his shot with very little success for Gordon's undersized self.

Gordon's other weakness is palming violations, traveling and getting into offensive fouls. He's not a very smart player which makes him very turnover prone. Gordon's below average ball handling skills and lack of mid range is an issue for him that had scouts questioning how successful he would be in the NBA. He often is out of control by the time he gets to the rim due to the lack of control he shows dribbling at high speeds. He doesn?t value possessions enough, as evidenced by his 3.6 turnovers per game

Defensively, Gordon shows a great deal of potential; but we haven't seen any performance to show he could be a good defender.

it would be helpful for yourself to do your homework and understand Gordon's attributes; strength and weaknesses would best fit for a 6th man like Ben Gordon or Ginobili. Thats not bad. I do believe Gordon will be a good NBA player, but you can't see him on the level of a Mayo or Rose. Mayo and Rose bring dfferent dimensions to the game that make them more valuable, ie; scoring, defense, penatration, creating plays, making assist, etc. and generally these two elite athletes are easier to build around. Rose is the best PG, Mayo is the best SG. If Gordon isn't scoring, what else is he doing or can he do? If you say turning the ball over, then we have a winner!

lilman_bklyn, everyone on this site should punch you in the fucking mouth with the first 3 words in your paragraph, I didn't even read the rest of your non-sense. You on some type of cocaine or something. Check yourself over, you don't know SHIT about Gallinari, so just shut the fuck up and do your research and come back, because we all got homework to do on Big Cock. Thats the nicest way I could put it.

metrocard

Legend
EXACTLY!
It's the 6TH OVERALL PICK PPL! The 6th pick in the NBA draft should project 2 be an All Star and this kid will NOT be an All Star. I don't wanna hear 'we have 2 see what he can do 1st' or 'give him time'. NO! This kid is gonna be a bust and I can feel it! Where's the Athlethicism? Where's the Quickness? Where's the Defence? If ur a 6th overall pick in the NBA, u BETTER be Athletic or Quick and he's neither

Look bro.

Drk and Hedo aren't quick or "athletic", but they're still some of the best players at their respected positions.

You would be happy with someone like Hedo who IS a perennial all star(averages 20 ppg 6 rebs 5 assist).

Gallinari is capable of doing those stats. Gallinari is just 19 and dominated his league. Darko, Bargnani, Tskivili, Lampe never dominated their respected leagues, all they did was show flashes. Thats the difference between Danilo.

Do your research before you talk shit, for real.

Pricey

Rotation player
Go back to your cave, you never seen him play.

brooklyn_baller318, I did my research. Gordon stinks.

Gordon is just a 6"3 SG that is a poor rebounder/passer/defender.
Gordon averaged 3.6 turnovers and only 2.2 assist. He plays like Jamal Crawford and shoots 33% from 3pt land.

Gordon and Crawford play too similar. Crawford is better than Gordon rigt now since Crawford can atleast play PG. Gordon is just stuck at one position, like his game; one dimensional.

He's nothing special, 3.6 turnovers to 2.2 assist; you can't trust his ball handling at all. His shot selection is so awful and he came out shooting 33% (not so great). He should be a good rebounder for someone with his ability, but I guess he doesn't like rebounding at a high rate. Defensively he has a lot of work to do.

Eric Gordon is just really a chunkier version of Ben Gordon with less shooting ability. Theres no doubt Gordon can score the basketball, but so can Robinson, Marbury and Crawford. We didn't need Gordon; we need a guy we can build around and a guy with versility or just a pure PG (Augustin)

Gordon is the last of the great lottery guards in this draft behind Mayo, Rose, Bayless, Augustin and Westbrook.

Watch Gordon play more, he's the biggest ball hog in this draft, if you don't like Crawford, why would you like Gordon? He plays as wreckless and as turnover prone as Crawford. He's nothing but a streaky undersized one dimensional SG.

Gordon was terrible the last two months. He shot 21% (16 out of 77) 3pt shots. That's pretty awful. Gordon routinely would heave up bowling balls from well beyond the NBA 3-point line (some of which weren?t even close), even though he obviously needed to get himself easier shots at the rim. When he did try and take the ball to the basket. Gordon force a lot of plays hence the reason for his high turnovers and low assist. He tends to settle for tough fade-awayjumpers with bigger and longer defenders drapped all over him contesting his shot with very little success for Gordon's undersized self.

Gordon's other weakness is palming violations, traveling and getting into offensive fouls. He's not a very smart player which makes him very turnover prone. Gordon's below average ball handling skills and lack of mid range is an issue for him that had scouts questioning how successful he would be in the NBA. He often is out of control by the time he gets to the rim due to the lack of control he shows dribbling at high speeds. He doesn?t value possessions enough, as evidenced by his 3.6 turnovers per game

Defensively, Gordon shows a great deal of potential; but we haven't seen any performance to show he could be a good defender.

it would be helpful for yourself to do your homework and understand Gordon's attributes; strength and weaknesses would best fit for a 6th man like Ben Gordon or Ginobili. Thats not bad. I do believe Gordon will be a good NBA player, but you can't see him on the level of a Mayo or Rose. Mayo and Rose bring dfferent dimensions to the game that make them more valuable, ie; scoring, defense, penatration, creating plays, making assist, etc. and generally these two elite athletes are easier to build around. Rose is the best PG, Mayo is the best SG. If Gordon isn't scoring, what else is he doing or can he do? If you say turning the ball over, then we have a winner!

lilman_bklyn, everyone on this site should punch you in the fucking mouth with the first 3 words in your paragraph, I didn't even read the rest of your non-sense. You on some type of cocaine or something. Check yourself over, you don't know SHIT about Gallinari, so just shut the fuck up and do your research and come back, because we all got homework to do on Big Cock. Thats the nicest way I could put it.
so u think a 6th pick should be a consistent all star or just make it once? I think ur looking at it wrong if thats what your aim is when drafting a player. You should be looking at drafting someone that brings something that the team needs and what you think can improve your team.
He can take the ball to the basket and is a sweet shooter, i dont think we have many of these players on this team.
Now its funny that people are all saying he cant defend, well how do we know? do you watch his games in Europe or are you taking these thoughts from someone elses opinion? opinions are proven wrong all the time. lol remember Kwame Brown was meant to be a monster of a player and look how that turned out. I dont think u can judge a player til u watch him play and hopefully u get a chance in the summer league.

Pricey

Rotation player
Look bro.

Drk and Hedo aren't quick or "athletic", but they're still some of the best players at their respected positions.

You would be happy with someone like Hedo who IS a perennial all star(averages 20 ppg 6 rebs 5 assist).

Gallinari is capable of doing those stats. Gallinari is just 19 and dominated his league. Darko, Bargnani, Tskivili, Lampe never dominated their respected leagues, all they did was show flashes. Thats the difference between Danilo.

Do your research before you talk shit, for real.
also i can remember the same sh1t going down about Manu Ginobli when he came to the NBA and they thought he was too slow and small to make it lol. Fking NBA Champion!

Pricey

Rotation player
We should have never hired D'Antoni. He wins in the regular season. But Doc Rivers is the guy with the ring. However, some people here feel it makes sense to win only in the regular season. That to me makes no sense. If the goal isn't the NBA championship, whats the point? If the Knicks aren't in it to win it, then we shouldn't be in it at all. Ask yourself this question. In 2010, besides money do we have players here that would attract DWade or Lebron. Right NJ is far ahead of us. It frustrates me that this "new regime" might be a downgrade from the old.
Wait a sec Doc Rivers was virtually out the doort before the Garnett and Allen trades. His side was the 3rd worst in the NBA. Do you honestly think the Celtics would have made the playoffs without Garnett and Allen? i think not lol.
You cant make comments like we shouldnt have got D'Antoni cause he drafted someone he thinks fits well in his system lol

NYKnicks15

Starter
not sure what you people are on. but look, we are all knicks fans. some have different philosophies than others but we all want the same thing. lets be respectful of that or you will have your "opinion"/personal attack deleted as the one above me. not sure in what society you were raised but on planet earth if you attack someone personally you have already lost the war on words. if you resort to personal attack that means you have no other form of proving your point and are weak. knicks fans are not weak, weve been through too much.. please dont make me start to believe otherwise. thank you.

by the way.. eric gordon is a good scorer.. but hes not going to be an allstar. he will reach jamal crawford maybe even jerry stackhouse status of a quality sixth man third guard in rotation but at this point hes a small scorer thats passing ability/leadership is not highly regarded. but once again i hope he proves me wrong. i dont wish anyone doesnt reach their potential.. just as Im hoping Danilo reaches his.

metro brings up very good points (and in a totally unhostile way!). most of you havent seen his game. most of you dont realize that this kid is a star.. a rookie star in midst a group of veteran pros. im not saying he will be one in america but thats a good a sign if i do say so.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I don't live in a cave. I live in a house. I haven't seen anything but the available youtube clips. We needed an alpha male, we got another wasted pick. Metro, all your stupid swearing and insults doesn't change the fact that Gallinari is not who we should have gotten. We need a Point Guard so why didn't we get one? Why not Eric Gordon, Jerryd Bayless, or D.J. Augustin? We now have yet another SF, who scored against Euroleagers! WTF? Anyone whose saying the Euroleague has better defenders than the NBA is a fucking idiot! Your going to tell me some Euro slob is better than Lebron, Pierce, Prince, Bowen Etc.Your off your fucking meds or talking to hear your own voice. You think Marbury is gonna be with Knicks past next year your really stupid.

Pricey

Rotation player
I don't live in a cave. I live in a house. I haven't seen anything but the available youtube clips. We needed an alpha male, we got another wasted pick. Metro, all your stupid swearing and insults doesn't change the fact that Gallinari is not who we should have gotten. We need a Point Guard so why didn't we get one? Why not Eric Gordon, Jerryd Bayless, or D.J. Augustin? We now have yet another SF, who scored against Euroleagers! WTF? Anyone whose saying the Euroleague has better defenders than the NBA is a fucking idiot! Your going to tell me some Euro slob is better than Lebron, Pierce, Prince, Bowen Etc.Your off your fucking meds or talking to hear your own voice. You think Marbury is gonna be with Knicks past next year your really stupid.
"Your going to tell me some Euro slob is better than Lebron, Pierce, Prince, Bowen Etc"

man do u think anyone we drafted would have been better then those guys straight away. No one in this draft is going to be better then LeBron and Pierce lol. Lets give him a chance to prove himself b4 crucifying him.

metrocard

Legend
lilman_bklyn, you're one of the whackest niggas on this site, so in perspective anything you say is irrevelant.

Whatever research you're doing; you're not showing it. Wheres the facts? You're not dropping any new knowledge here.

I'm a man.
understood?
Don't talk to me like you were panties and got your nails polished. Address me like a man, especially a dude like me. I'm the most hood nigga alive, you need acknowledge this; I'm not one of your herb ass friends.

You sounding like a bitch right now, typical of you

I like making things inconvenient for bitch niggas, go cry if you can't handle my ether, puto. Enjoy being the Charlie Murphy of the forum

RickJamesSlap.gif

D'Antoni and Walsh picked Danilo because they think he's ready to contribute right away. These guys are NBA professionals, you're just fat ass who's only good at raping a bag of doritos in 30 seconds. Your opinion is nice and all, but really shut the fuck up and stop trying to force your opinion that lacks a lot of logic and source on others. You haven't watched Danilo at all to even ASSESS him and say he can't contribute right away. You don't know that, so shut the fuck up as I repeat. Next time bring out your resources before you say your typical retarded ranks, pendejo.

dre48ny

Rotation player
also i can remember the same sh1t going down about Manu Ginobli when he came to the NBA and they thought he was too slow and small to make it lol. Fking NBA Champion!

I was actually thinking of Ginobili, the minute they drafted this kid. If he can be a player of Ginobili's caliber, I would be happy. Ginobili is a very wity player and his intelligence makes up for any of his flaws. Ginobili gets into other player's heads!! Ginobili does play defense though, so Gallinari must learn to play D. I have no choice but to be optimistic and pray that we have just drafted the next Ginobili. I wouldn't mind seeing this kid playing a few minutes at SG, just shooting the lights out of the building.

Starbury should be motivated that the NYK did not draft a PG, I really hope he makes a solid comeback. Not expecting much from the NYK this year, but D'Antoni has some scorers so let's see what happens.

JUNIOR MINT

Benchwarmer
lol oh well this is what has been reported here in Australia news lol

The first non-American player picked got a boorish welcome from the Garden crowd.
The New York Knicks used their sixth pick to select Gallinari of Armani Jeans Milano.

The 19-year-old Italian was jeered when his name was called and Knicks' fans continued to boo as American broadcaster ESPN interviewed Gallinari while he was on the main stage.

An obviously upset Gallinari tried to placate the angry mob during his interview by saying, "I will help the team to win. New York is best city in the world."

Gallinari's father, Vittorio, was a teammate of Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni when both played in Italy. Gallinari is the third international player chosen by the Knicks in first round.

lol, i feel bad for him though how they booed him, and i like his attitude, and character, and like what he said, he seems like a good kid, whos willing to learn, and work hard, and you can never hate on that, and wish nothing but success for a player like that

metrocard

Legend

You live in a cave.

Shut the fuck up fatass, I'm being nice to you.

Gordon doesn't fit the system D'Antoni wants. Gallanari was the best fit for the SYSTEM, understand that. I would of picked Augustin over Gallinari, but I'm not mad.

We already got a 5'8 Bayless and Crawford > Gordon. Getting them would be pointless.

Euroleague plays tougher TEAM DEFENSE than the NBA, and especially for a 19 year old to come in an average all star numbers is something rare, and Danilo is a special player for that.

Carb, you've been the dumbest and most wrong poster on this for a couple of years. How many dumbass predictions have you made? You were made wrong so many times you for GOOD reason had to leave wit all the embarrassment you left for yourself. LOL, you garbage.

I just wanna know..

What the plan is? One thing is for sure, it ain't defense. Leave a lot of questions this pick. This kid is probably the starter, where does that leave Chandler? We now only have 1 pg on the team in Steph. We did not get a replacement, where does that leave us at pg come next year? If he has a big year which as a fan of his ability and D'antoni's system I think he will, will they re-sign him? We still have two plodding post up plays who cannot play together, and with this pick, clearly D'antoni cannot hope to run his system with both of those needy ball hogs in his starting lineup.

This team right now appears a mess. Hope I'm way wrong though for all our sakes.

Paul1355

All Star
Hold the phone

i wasn't thrilled about this kid but before he was drafted an analyst fran something said that the italian league is like a higher college level of basketball and Gallianari excelled in it and he's known for his basketball IQ which is rare in many basketball players. this guy might turn out being very good and i think most knick fans are judgind way to quickly. He is a gamble at 6 but if he was going anywhere it's in NY a city he loves and a coach he can relate to. Gallinari will play better with D'Antoni then any other coach hands down because he'll fell comfortable with him and we can see his true potential. Gallinari will probably play the SF position due to the fact that he's not great on defense especially against the big man and he's known to move like a guard. Don't forget he's 6'10 and his versatility is something that will shine in D'Antoni's run and gun system. SF is a very weak position for NY..Q-rich and Chandler..i like chandler but a guy like Gallinari could excel with D'Antoni's system...watch trades for NY they're gonna happen sooner than everyone thinks

metrocard

Legend
What the plan is? One thing is for sure, it ain't defense. Leave a lot of questions this pick. This kid is probably the starter, where does that leave Chandler? We now only have 1 pg on the team in Steph. We did not get a replacement, where does that leave us at pg come next year? If he has a big year which as a fan of his ability and D'antoni's system I think he will, will they re-sign him? We still have two plodding post up plays who cannot play together, and with this pick, clearly D'antoni cannot hope to run his system with both of those needy ball hogs in his starting lineup.

This team right now appears a mess. Hope I'm way wrong though for all our sakes.

Danilo isn't a bad defender. He will get a lot of steals and he's a physical player.

Chandler can play SF or SG, so can Big Cock. It isn't a problem.