Official Big Cock Thread

jimkcchief88

All Star

Nice video. But here is the problem. Do you really want your 6'11'' big man 22 feet away from the basket shakin and bakin and throwing up 3's??? How many nights is that stategy gonna be sucessful??? Not very many. The cock needs to develop a mid-range game like Dirk. He needs to bulk up so he can catch the ball on the block and either face up or shoot a nasty fade because you can't count on those three's night in/ night out.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
^ I agree..but that's the good thing about Gallo, it looks like this wasn't some like 'once in a while' type thing, he can shoot the three very well, i think he's only going to get better from the outside..he has an open 3 he should shoot it, cause he'll prob make it...while doing so he should def work on his mid range shot cause he'll be more effective if he can get that down, but it seems like these three pointers are his strength, so he should keep shooting them and work his way in..once he gets stronger and gets more of these shake and bake type moves down he'll be pretty deadly...he has a real nice shot.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Nice video. But here is the problem. Do you really want your 6'11'' big man 22 feet away from the basket shakin and bakin and throwing up 3's??? How many nights is that stategy gonna be sucessful??? Not very many. The cock needs to develop a mid-range game like Dirk. He needs to bulk up so he can catch the ball on the block and either face up or shoot a nasty fade because you can't count on those three's night in/ night out.

i agree but thats worked for Dirk. Just give Gallo experience and time to develop and watch him become a better version of Dirk.

JayJ44

Starter

Well first of all, I would want my 6'11 big man 22 feet away from the basket if he can score from there. That's what makes him special, who can guard him out there?

Besides, he's really more of a slasher than a shooter. He has the ability to draw fouls and change his shot in midair. Look at these videos:

(mute the computer, the music sucks lol)

He had 29 points in this game, and only took 3 three pointers.

Most of his points in the euroleague came from inside the paint. That's also why he is so special. If you get up on him to contest the jumpshot, he'll drive past you.

He has a lot of moves we havn't seen in the NBA yet. He hasn't gotten a lot of touches, he'll show his entire game soon enough.

And don't worry, he will bulk up. He's only 19 after all...

paris401

Starter
. If you get up on him to contest the jumpshot, he'll drive past you.
He has a lot of moves we havn't seen in the NBA yet. He hasn't gotten a lot of touches, he'll show his entire game soon enough.
And don't worry, he will bulk up. He's only 19 after all...

i dunno, he does not look like he has quick feet...

JayJ44

Starter
i dunno, he does not look like he has quick feet...

You don't need to be quick to be a good slasher. He has excellent body control and great ball-handling skills. Look at guys like Hedo Turkoglu. He's not quick but he's a very good at getting to the basket.

metrocard

Legend

Man, you really don't know anything, never did your whole time here.

Gallo's MAIN strengths are his mid range game and his ability to slash to the basket with his deceptive quickness and his footwork that is so fundamental and superiorly skilled.

Gallo has been a SPOT UP SHOOTER for D'Antoni because of his BACK.

Simply.

Gallo can be agressive in the paint, he was most of his time in Europe where bball can be compared to the physicality of the basketball in the 80's (ask Kobe where he was quoted saying this)

But its not smart, because Gallo is here for the long term. Letting him be physical in the pain will put him at risk.

He doesn't need that.
He's going to let his back fully heal before he goes back to his old ways of slashing and cutting to the hoop.

Gallo is shooting like 48% from 3pt...thats like 10 percent higher than when Crawford has a rediculously hot night or 20 percent higher than Crawford is in chuck and miss mode.

We haven't had a shooter like Gallo since Houston...so you to need to FALL BACK and SIT DOWN...let Gallo shoot because he's been the reason why we've been hanging in some guys. The kid is a winner, he plays to win.

JayJ44, good post there.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Gallinari

I am in full agreement with Metro. Gallo's shot is sweet. And as for quickness, well he is not iverson, but neither was Bird.

It seems to me that Greg Brittenham has been working with Gallinari. His triceps and shoulders appear significantly larger now than at the beginning of the season. I will bet hehas been doing a lot of pull-ups, dips, bench presses and other exercises that do not stress the back.

I am a New York native but now live in the Boston area. I have NBA League Pass. Yesterday's game with the Nets featured the Nets broadcast team. Fratello noted that Gallinari had a great frame and was thus capable of building up substantially. I recall an article at the beginning of the season in which Brittenham said the same thing. I will bet that Gallinari is at least 240 pounds next year. Let him get through his back problems. Lets have some patience before we annoint Lopez as the better long term draft pick.

metrocard

Legend
danilo%5B7%5D.jpg

His swag is dynamite.

TunerAddict

Starter
I went to the NBA Store on 5th ave and they didn't have Gallo jerseys...They had like 20 Robinson, 10 Lee, 4 chandlers, and one harrington...Those bastards....

Meanwhile they sell Eddie House jerseys....

jimkcchief88

All Star
Man, you really don't know anything, never did your whole time here.

Gallo's MAIN strengths are his mid range game and his ability to slash to the basket with his deceptive quickness and his footwork that is so fundamental and superiorly skilled.

Gallo has been a SPOT UP SHOOTER for D'Antoni because of his BACK.

Simply.

Gallo can be agressive in the paint, he was most of his time in Europe where bball can be compared to the physicality of the basketball in the 80's (ask Kobe where he was quoted saying this)

But its not smart, because Gallo is here for the long term. Letting him be physical in the pain will put him at risk.

He doesn't need that.
He's going to let his back fully heal before he goes back to his old ways of slashing and cutting to the hoop.

Gallo is shooting like 48% from 3pt...thats like 10 percent higher than when Crawford has a rediculously hot night or 20 percent higher than Crawford is in chuck and miss mode.

We haven't had a shooter like Gallo since Houston...so you to need to FALL BACK and SIT DOWN...let Gallo shoot because he's been the reason why we've been hanging in some guys. The kid is a winner, he plays to win.

JayJ44, good post there.

See metro this is where you contradict yourself. I was just reading your thread ripping up Duhon and you say how much better a fit Augustine would have been. WE COULD HAVE HAD AUGUSTINE WITH THE PICK WE USED ON GALLO. Then Gallo would have fallen to the second round where he belonged. I seriously have forgotten more about basketball than you will probably ever know. So go back to swinging off Steph's nuts before you get yourself twisted.

JayJ44-- The videos where nice. But I would like to see all that against NBA level talent, not against the guys the dream team blew out by 40. When you talk about points in the paint, I am talking about legit post moves, not breakaway dunks and slow drive, double clutches into the lane that decent highschool players would swat into the cheap seats. True Gallo is only 19, but do you spend a lottery pick on this guy. Hmmm.....

JayJ44

Starter
See metro this is where you contradict yourself. I was just reading your thread ripping up Duhon and you say how much better a fit Augustine would have been. WE COULD HAVE HAD AUGUSTINE WITH THE PICK WE USED ON GALLO. Then Gallo would have fallen to the second round where he belonged. I seriously have forgotten more about basketball than you will probably ever know. So go back to swinging off Steph's nuts before you get yourself twisted.

JayJ44-- The videos where nice. But I would like to see all that against NBA level talent, not against the guys the dream team blew out by 40. When you talk about points in the paint, I am talking about legit post moves, not breakaway dunks and slow drive, double clutches into the lane that decent highschool players would swat into the cheap seats. True Gallo is only 19, but do you spend a lottery pick on this guy. Hmmm.....

I don't know where you got the impression that other teams in the lottery didn't want him. Memphis wanted to draft him, but was scared he wouldn't leave Italy for Memphis. NJ did everything in their power to try and trade up with Memphis to draft him, but the deal fell through. He was projected as a top 10 pick.

Eurloleague>>>>NCAA
It's a professional league, which is much more physical than the NBA today (as metro stated several times).

You do realize the dream team was 17 years ago, right? International ball has come along way since then.

metrocard

Legend

How did I contradict myself when I said I would of prefered DJ or Lopez but wasn't mad about Danilo because I know he was the most skilled player in the draft behind those two, Love and Mayo. I'm not against either. I was hoping for us to get Mayo, then Lopez, then DJ, or Danilo...wasn't disappointed, atleast we got someone.

You said:

I seriously have forgotten more about basketball

We know man, we know.

The dream team is still alive? They haven't been together since the 90's...USA has the best basketball in the world, but the dream team is a thing of the past, once again you're wrong.

Since when team USA played Euroleague teams? I thought they played against FIBA teams...I don't know, you tell me about that one genius.

Keep "Hmming" shows how much you really know, when sadly all this time on this site you failed to show anything here, seriously.

jimkcchief88

All Star
How did I contradict myself when I said I would of prefered DJ or Lopez but wasn't mad about Danilo because I know he was the most skilled player in the draft behind those two, Love and Mayo. I'm not against either. I was hoping for us to get Mayo, then Lopez, then DJ, or Danilo...wasn't disappointed, atleast we got someone.

You said:

I seriously have forgotten more about basketball

We know man, we know.

The dream team is still alive? They haven't been together since the 90's...USA has the best basketball in the world, but the dream team is a thing of the past, once again you're wrong.

Since when team USA played Euroleague teams? I thought they played against FIBA teams...I don't know, you tell me about that one genius.

Keep "Hmming" shows how much you really know, when sadly all this time on this site you failed to show anything here, seriously.

So now you want to debate verbage??? Fine. I call any team the USA puts against world the "Dream Team" because whether they win or lose who will they be compared to??? The Dream Team. Who cares if its FIBA this week or whatever next week. You probably weren't even around for the orginal Dream Team so thats your own lack of knowledge. The point is whatever you want to call Team USA smashed the world this year in the world basketball championships. Thats what happens when the US actually fields a team that cares and is not led by Starbury. The NBA is still the premier basketball league in the world with the premier players. You still want to say the "Euroleague" is better than NCAA players??? NBA scouts would disagree with you. Do yourself a favor and take a look at last year's NBA draft board.
Where are 90% of the players coming from???? US college basketball. Most Euroleague players drafted are listed as "projects." That means not ready to play in the NBA. Does that sound like a "better" more "physical" league??? Maybe to you, but not to NBA scouts. Take are Gallo for an example. He was a "star" in the Euroleagues, but not even physically ready to play in the NBA until the season was half over. And still yet D'antoni won't play him night in and night out for fear he will get hurt. By the way David Thorpe for Scout's Inc. just graded out the top NBA rookies for ESPN.com and Gallo wasn't in the top 20 and we took him at the 6th pick. Overvalued to be sure. The only reason you are seeing so many teams give these Europlayers a shot is thier skin color. U.S. white kids are playing other sports and Stern isn't gonna try to sell an all-black league to mostly white corporate sponsers and ticket buyers. It sure isn't about talent. Do yourself a favor and watch March Madness this year and you will see the future NBA stars.

JayJ44

Starter
So now you want to debate verbage??? Fine. I call any team the USA puts against world the "Dream Team" because whether they win or lose who will they be compared to??? The Dream Team. Who cares if its FIBA this week or whatever next week. You probably weren't even around for the orginal Dream Team so thats your own lack of knowledge. The point is whatever you want to call Team USA smashed the world this year in the world basketball championships. Thats what happens when the US actually fields a team that cares and is not led by Starbury. The NBA is still the premier basketball league in the world with the premier players. You still want to say the "Euroleague" is better than NCAA players??? NBA scouts would disagree with you. Do yourself a favor and take a look at last year's NBA draft board.
Where are 90% of the players coming from???? US college basketball. Most Euroleague players drafted are listed as "projects." That means not ready to play in the NBA. Does that sound like a "better" more "physical" league??? Maybe to you, but not to NBA scouts. Take are Gallo for an example. He was a "star" in the Euroleagues, but not even physically ready to play in the NBA until the season was half over. And still yet D'antoni won't play him night in and night out for fear he will get hurt. By the way David Thorpe for Scout's Inc. just graded out the top NBA rookies for ESPN.com and Gallo wasn't in the top 20 and we took him at the 6th pick. Overvalued to be sure. The only reason you are seeing so many teams give these Europlayers a shot is thier skin color. U.S. white kids are playing other sports and Stern isn't gonna try to sell an all-black league to mostly white corporate sponsers and ticket buyers. It sure isn't about talent. Do yourself a favor and watch March Madness this year and you will see the future NBA stars.

The reason 90% of players come from NCAA, is that most euroleague players stay in their countries. There's a lot of great talent overseas that never come to the NBA.

Gallo wasn't physically ready to play, because he was injured. That has nothing to do with the physicality of either league. Greg Oden wasn't physically ready to play in the NBA his entire rookie year. Does that mean anything about the NCAA? Of course not.

D'antoni has been playing him night in and night out. And if he does sit out, it's not for fear of getting hurt. It's just him getting worked into the rotation and dealing with his youth.

Gallo had an unfortunate injury in the beginning of the year. Of course he's not going to be in the rookie rankings. His development was held back for half a season. Who cares about rookie rankings anyway?

So now teams are drafting people purely based on race? You think there's some sort of conspiracy where David Stern is making teams draft white kids over black kids? That's just retarded.

metrocard

Legend

30cahz4.jpg

jimkcchief88

All Star
The reason 90% of players come from NCAA, is that most euroleague players stay in their countries. There's a lot of great talent overseas that never come to the NBA.

Gallo wasn't physically ready to play, because he was injured. That has nothing to do with the physicality of either league. Greg Oden wasn't physically ready to play in the NBA his entire rookie year. Does that mean anything about the NCAA? Of course not.

D'antoni has been playing him night in and night out. And if he does sit out, it's not for fear of getting hurt. It's just him getting worked into the rotation and dealing with his youth.

Gallo had an unfortunate injury in the beginning of the year. Of course he's not going to be in the rookie rankings. His development was held back for half a season. Who cares about rookie rankings anyway?

So now teams are drafting people purely based on race? You think there's some sort of conspiracy where David Stern is making teams draft white kids over black kids? That's just retarded.

The continued Oden to Gallinari comparisons I see here are always good for a laugh. And you are right. Discrimination in the workplace??? In 2009??? I mean we have a black president who actually likes basketball. Discimination is a thing of the PAST. What was I thinking.....

paris401

Starter

if u are a team next up to pick, and u have graded 2 players more/less equal, and one is white and one is black, i'd say race comes into play. espec in the smaller more white mkt's. and i would also say it could be more of a business decision then anything else.