Mayo trade for Love

dre48ny

Rotation player
Report: Wolves, Grizz agree on Mayo-Love deal

<!-- // Writer Attribution// --><!-- Meta Tag For Search --><!-- meta name="author" content=""--><!-- meta name="source" content="Associated Press"--><!-- meta name="eventId" content=""--><!-- meta name="contentTypeCode" content="1"--><!-- meta name="editorContentCode" content="1"--><!-- meta name="blurb" content=""--><!-- meta name="modDate" content="June 27, 2008 05:21:30 GMT"-->

<!-- // Story Tools // --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>addthis_pub = 'foxSports';</SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/152/addthis_widget.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>Updated: June 27, 2008, 12:21 AM EST
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> //document.getElementById('number_of_comments').innerHTML = commentCount+" Comments"; </SCRIPT><!-- // Story Content // --><SCRIPT> if(fanid.length > 0 && typeof(nflDefaultLeague)!= "undefined") { leagueId = nflDefaultLeague; //find teamId of default league (if exists) for(var i=0; i < teamsInfo.length; i++){ if(teamsInfo[4] == leagueId){ defaultTeamId = teamsInfo[0]; } } var fantasyLeaguePlayerJsPath = 'http://msn.foxsports.com' + '/nugget/200002_' + leagueId + '|||' + fanid; } </SCRIPT>MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - The Minnesota Timberwolves have traded No. 3 pick O.J. Mayo to the Memphis Grizzlies for Kevin Love in an eight-player, late-night blockbuster after the NBA draft concluded.

A person with knowledge of the deal confirmed it to The Associated Press, speaking on the condition on anonymity because the trade had yet to be officially announced. The Timberwolves also received shooter Mike Miller and retreads Brian Cardinal and Jason Collins from Memphis in exchange the draft rights to Mayo, forward Antoine Walker and guards Marko Jaric and Greg Buckner.

JUNIOR MINT

Benchwarmer
fuckin breaks my heart also man, we should have tried and proposed a trade to them, maybe trading away, Lee, Curry and maybe somebody else for Mayo & Mark Madsen...smh, gets me mad knowing that was a possibility of having Mayo

Paul1355

All Star
Someone tell me why the T'Wolves feel they need a PF when they have Al Jefferson...Jefferson would play best at PF not a C. Having Mayo gurantees more fluid play with a talented big and little man. I think Memphis really played their cards good even though Love was a need and Memphis does need a PF. I think both teams should have just kept each guy it would have made the most sense. Maybe Mayo and Gay would be better than Gay and Love...i know whats with last names lately? hah but honestly kevin mchale has to make a move for a smaller guy and trading mayo was just flat out dumb if they're not pursuing a guard.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Someone tell me why the T'Wolves feel they need a PF when they have Al Jefferson...Jefferson would play best at PF not a C. Having Mayo gurantees more fluid play with a talented big and little man. I think Memphis really played their cards good even though Love was a need and Memphis does need a PF. I think both teams should have just kept each guy it would have made the most sense. Maybe Mayo and Gay would be better than Gay and Love...i know whats with last names lately? hah but honestly kevin mchale has to make a move for a smaller guy and trading mayo was just flat out dumb if they're not pursuing a guard.

I guess memphis didn't want Gay Love

Trin_Starr

Starter
David Lee cost us mayo.
Had he not told memphis he would leave as soon as he became a FA - we would have gotten the #5 pick, drafted love and then we could of traded him to Minny for Mayo.
The reason why Minny took Mayo and not Love at 3 was so that they could get back more in return thru a trade.

I love ur hustle D.Lee - but f#ck you on this one.

metrocard

Legend
David Lee cost us mayo.
Had he not told memphis he would leave as soon as he became a FA - we would have gotten the #5 pick, drafted love and then we could of traded him to Minny for Mayo.
The reason why Minny took Mayo and not Love at 3 was so that they could get back more in return thru a trade.

I feel you on this.

We could of had two basketball players with high basketball IQ and and a lot of all star potential.

Mayo/Gallinari would be a lot similar to Allen/Pierce.

jpz17

Starter
I feel you on this.

We could of had two basketball players with high basketball IQ and and a lot of all star potential.

Mayo/Gallinari would be a lot similar to Allen/Pierce.

No way, they are both allstars (possibly hof, well for allen), Gallinari and Mayo are rookie

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
The draft (as expected) was already so disappointing when we picked Gallinari. I was still hopeful for a trade later on (not exactly on draft day) where we would acquire Mayo or another bigtime young player (not necessarily a rookie), and then here came the trade! What the hell?!!! I had such a bad day already and this draft day made it even worse. I even pity Mayo for ending up in Memphis. Wow! Memphis??? He's definitely gonna have an exciting career for that team! Great market! Great city! LOL! I just can't believe Memphis outperformed us in this trade.

I hope this Gallinari guy proves me wrong and becomes a perfect fit fo D'Antoni's system. I'm still hoping for a trade to happen in the next few months.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
lmao @ kevin McFail failing once again. The piece of sh!t x-celtic fukked up once again :lol:

Hes givin isiah a run for his money :lol:

Fukk David Lee lets trade his b!tch ass

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
David Lee cost us mayo.

Really? I didn't know that. Damn! What the hell! David Lee thinks he's so desirable and wanted. He probably thinks he'll command a high salary by the time he goes FA. Jeez! If he averages less than a double double (10 and 12) this season, he officially sucks!

....is this kid serious?

LOL! Take it easy on the kid metro.

umynot

Benchwarmer
All people close to Walsh say he offered Minny anything they wanted for Mayo but ass licking Mchale wanted nothing to do with it!

Cant see Mayo wanting to play in Memphis maybe we can offer them something they might like!!