Unfit to lead. Marbury's final Knick season.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
I don't think any of us here can say that the Knicks have had a coach that has played to the strengths of the team in quite awhile.

It has been clear to anyone really paying attention that Steph has not been used to the strength of his abilities as a player. Period. Now if he is the #1 pg next year on this team, there is no doubt in my mind he will play very big. And the team will be better off for it. Just has to happen. And there is no better option available for us on the team, or outside.

This motherfucker has been the NBA version of T.O. for I don't remember how long now. As much as he likes to tout himself of being similar to A.I...A.I. atleast shows up with his head in the game every night. I give him that, no matter what went on with the media, coaches, etc...#3 still showed up and played.

Marbury never has, can never will lead a team to anything but lawsuits and a divided locker room. And that's the truth. He was always a very talented individual, just not a talented enough player to come down from his over inflated ego to help a team win. Period. If he would've been half the leader he is taking away some of that talent...he would've had atleast 2 titles by now. But no...so many years of doing things his way...and look where it has gotten him? Tons of money..but no jewelery.

And NO RESPECT.

This motherfucker has been the NBA version of T.O. for I don't remember how long now. As much as he likes to tout himself of being similar to A.I...A.I. atleast shows up with his head in the game every night. I give him that, no matter what went on with the media, coaches, etc...#3 still showed up and played.

Marbury never has, can never will lead a team to anything but lawsuits and a divided locker room. And that's the truth. He was always a very talented individual, just not a talented enough player to come down from his over inflated ego to help a team win. Period. If he would've been half the leader he is taking away some of that talent...he would've had atleast 2 titles by now. But no...so many years of doing things his way...and look where it has gotten him? Tons of money..but no jewelery.

And NO RESPECT.

That said, he is the best pg we have, and the best pg available currently.

D'antoni's system will allow him to play to his strengths. And if he has a big season and we win some games, maybe make the playoffs( we should be a playoff team, period ) What then?

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
That said, he is the best pg we have, and the best pg available currently.

D'antoni's system will allow him to play to his strengths. And if he has a big season and we win some games, maybe make the playoffs( we should be a playoff team, period ) What then?

It's not gonna happen. For the simple fact, last year of his contract with the KNICKS...he knows just like everyone else knows his 20 million dollar pay days are over. His ego is going to get in his way as usual. I remember all that shit he said when Isiah (as the coach) walked in the building, I remember what he said when Lenny Wilkens, and Larry Brown were in the building as coaches...He just cannot play for anyone other than himself, and that includes the team.Wanna go back further? Byron Scott....

I would rather bench his ass the entire season and tank it...than to call on his ass to play. U got Collins, you got Robinson play them..because Star Idiot won't be there next year..might as well get them some more experience.

metrocard

Legend
Marbury haters will be kissing his ass again like the way he did when he first came to this team and took us to the playoffs averaging 21 and 9.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Marbury haters will be kissing his ass again like the way he did when he first came to this team and took us to the playoffs averaging 21 and 9.

And Marbury lovers are going to forget he's never lead a team in the playoffs...and won.

And that when teams get rid of his sorry ass...they make the playoffs a real serious run..2 years after...just ask Minnesota, Phoenix, and New Jersey...for proof.

metrocard

Legend
And Marbury lovers are going to forget he's never lead a team in the playoffs...and won.

And that when teams get rid of his sorry ass...they make the playoffs a real serious run..2 years after...just ask Minnesota, Phoenix, and New Jersey...for proof.

This isn't the MLB where players are credited a W.
The NBA is a team game where the whole team is accountable for the win. The trainers, the towel boys, Clyde Frazier, everyone behind the Knicks are either accountable for the W or L.

Therefor we must look at Marbury's skill and ability primarly. I'm sure you can't critize with a player like Marbury's caliber.

Marbury use to be a B+ player, but now I understand he fell off to a B- level. I feel he can get back to the B level on terms of PG production, but thats just my opinion and not a fact I could provide solid information with.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
The thing I am curious about is who is going to be willing to sign him (assuming someone does) after the Knicks buy him out soon or release him later.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
He could be a last ditch point guard the miami heat so desperatly need. Hes better than vanilla ice jason williams....

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
The thing I am curious about is who is going to be willing to sign him (assuming someone does) after the Knicks buy him out soon or release him later.

if marbury doesnt do better then 15 and 5 this year, i'll be surprised if marbury is still in da league

Trin_Starr

Starter
I really don't see the sense/cents in that.
Why waste $20mil to buy out Marbury. See what he can do in D'Antoni's system first.
It's quite simple actually. If he plays the way D'Antoni wants him then that's great. If he doesn't then cut him - but it makes absolutely no sense to jettison a dude who can actually help for a whopping $20mil without even seeing him play.

GetRealistic

Starter
Having him around the team can only hurt in my opinion. Maybe buying him out also will serve as a wakeup call to the Curry and Randolph.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I Cant Wait Till This Guy Is OFF My Team.
And how is curry, randolph, and crawford any better then marbury?

And NO RESPECT.
And hes doing great things now with that money...hes a changed person with a new attitude. This is nothing new, hes been doing great things since the beginning of the 2006-07 season and has not done ONE bad thing. We dont know exactly what happened so you cant say he left the team but we do know that Isiah thomas is a jackass. And i believe it was isiah who led us to lawsuits and a divided locker room.

There were other circumstances that you are ignoring...those teams got better for other reasons, rather it be acquiring new players or their young players improving. Kenyon Martin was obviously a better player in his 2nd year then he was a rookie, even if marbury didnt get traded we wouldve seen the Nets with Kmart in his 2nd year and a rookie richard jefferson.

What are MSG and Metro going to talk about when in about 2 weeks Marbury is bought out and hes no longer a Knick?

your mother
Having him around the team can only hurt in my opinion. Maybe buying him out also will serve as a wakeup call to the Curry and Randolph.

you would say something like this you little prick

metrocard

Legend

And hes doing great things now with that money...hes a changed person with a new attitude. This is nothing new, hes been doing great things since the beginning of the 2006-07 season and has not done ONE bad thing. We dont know exactly what happened so you cant say he left the team but we do know that Isiah thomas is a jackass. And i believe it was isiah who led us to lawsuits and a divided locker room.

There were other circumstances that you are ignoring...those teams got better for other reasons, rather it be acquiring new players or their young players improving. Kenyon Martin was obviously a better player in his 2nd year then he was a rookie, even if marbury didnt get traded we wouldve seen the Nets with Kmart in his 2nd year and a rookie richard jefferson.

your mother

you would say something like this you little prick

Good points, well said.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I really don't see the sense/cents in that.
Why waste $20mil to buy out Marbury. See what he can do in D'Antoni's system first.
It's quite simple actually. If he plays the way D'Antoni wants him then that's great. If he doesn't then cut him - but it makes absolutely no sense to jettison a dude who can actually help for a whopping $20mil without even seeing him play.

If they buy him out it will because they don't want his personality in the locker room. D'Antoni is known to like a specific personality type.

tiger0330

Legend
You don't buy out Steph when his most valuable asset is his expiring contract next season. The Knicks may or may not be able to turn that into a player at the trade deadline next season but you have wait to play that hand out. He is the best option at the PG position we have, so he stays until next season. Those wanting to dump Steph, just be patient, the Knicks will not resign Steph in 2009.

Wonder what Steph's expectations are for his new deal, I have a hard time believing many teams even offering him an MLE deal when his deal with the Knicks expires.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
In fairness Marbury has done great things for the community and seems to want to help the hood. I admire those qualities but when you're not winning you've got to evaluate everyone, not just the coach who you don't like, the center, the PF, SF and SG's you don't like but every one. In a perfect world we would trade Crawford and move Marbury to the two. After all Marbury is the best scorer on the team. Why not trade Crawford and Lee for a role player and a pick? In any case a point guard is a floor general and a leader and so far those are not Marbury's qualities.

KologeroBx

Benchwarmer

Whats That Gotta Do With Anything? I Said I Want MARBURY Off My Team Cuz This Thread Is About MARBURY. Go Make An Eddy Curry Thread If Ya Want Me To Say The Same About Him.

LOL @ Compairing Steph With Others Bums To Make Him Look Better, Come On.