What Are Your Views On Randolph Morris?

KologeroBx

Benchwarmer
I Thought He Was A Great Pick Up When We Got Him But Dude Has Barely Even Played More Then 10 Mins In A Game That Mattered.

Should He Get A Fair Shot At Playing Next Season?

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
I Thought He Was A Great Pick Up When We Got Him But Dude Has Barely Even Played More Then 10 Mins In A Game That Mattered.

dude didnt show anything, plus he's a free agent, he wont be in da league next season

Yeah I say we just let him go also. Really wasn't much and he's one of Isiahs leftovers. Let Donnie and D'antoni acquire the players they want.

YEARITEHERE

Benchwarmer
He Might Be Good Under D'antonii System Remember Zach And Curry Cant Run Much So Morris Might Just Get His Time This Year

TunerAddict

Starter
He never really got the chance to shine. I saw him play summer league and he has really solid post moves and a really smooth jumpshot. He has good hands and has that finesse touch you want when shooting over guys and fading away in the post.

TunerAddict

Starter
He never really got the chance to shine. I saw him play summer league and he has really solid post moves and a really smooth jumpshot. He has good hands and has that finesse touch you want when shooting over guys and fading away in the post.

Paul1355

All Star

same with jerome james the big guys dont play idk why isiah thought that zach was a center and curry was the only starting center...james played 2 min all season and randolph morris should have been in there just to try and clog the post. knicks got killed on post defense.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Can't really give an accurate judgment of him. Kid never really played. Makes you wonder why Isiah even got him in the first place. Morris didn't get the chance to show what he's got. I doubt he'll be with us in the long term. Can't see him getting more minutes than he had last season despite having a different coach. He'd probably be buried in the bench.

Kiyaman

Legend

6.11 Randolph Morris was a great pickup at C/PF. I wanted to see him play alongside of Curry or David Lee which he never was given the chance to do under Isiah coaching. I understand why he was not even given much playingtime at the end of the season because he is a FA that gives you Rebounding, Shotblocking, and Defense that will have the next team give him a two to three year offersheet.
He is the Nzar, Powe, and Posey right now. Under the right coach like Pat Riley or Stan Van Gundy he would be a great help to Dwight Howard or Beasely & Marion not getting in foul trouble (having two shotblockers are great,).
If the Knicks let him walk, I see coach Hannerty (back with Larry Brown) getting the Bobcats to give Randolph Morris an offersheet to practice with Ajiinca, Okafor, Nazr, and injured May in a frontcourt defense that can rattle the league.

GetRealistic

Starter
My feeling is the old Regime really a huge asset. And that Asset is the D- League. Morris could have played down in the D-League getting 30 minutes a night and learning the game instead of sitting in street clothes on the sidelines for most of the year. The same goes for Mardy Collins and Even Wilson Chandler. Chandler didn't recieve any minutes till the final two months, he would have been better served working on his game in the D-League

Hopefully Walsh uses this tool

jzero29

Rotation player
Randolph

Smooth jumper? Uhm I don't recall that, I think he needed work on the jump shot. But he had potential, based on summer league. He didn't recieve enough playing time at NBA level, 1 to judge fair or 2 to develope.
This is why, We need to rid ourselves of either James or Curry, so he could get more playing time. If we can do that, without taking on more salary, sign Randolph to a small contract. He may fit in with D'antoni's system, Being young and more athletic then the other two slobs at center. But it would all depend on getting rid of one of the slobs without taking on salary and getting Randolph cheap. Then give it a shot what can it hurt, in that situation. I can see maybe keeping him if we get him for cheap, he's 6'11" and if given a chance, may be a solid player. Don't get me wrong, he's not shown anything to say we can't a walk away if someone throws him a deal thats to pricey, forget it. walk.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
hes got to be better than jerome james!!! i almost forgot he was a knicks player. I say give him a shot. Isiah never let our young guys play. Chandler should have had more mins and so should morris. Hes a center for a start. Curry needs lots of rest and having morris will help us keep a decent team out rather than sacrificing lee at pf to play c where hes not as effective. Only a season though, if he shows nothing then fuck him!

TunerAddict

Starter
Smooth jumper? Uhm I don't recall that, I think he needed work on the jump shot. But he had potential, based on summer league. He didn't recieve enough playing time at NBA level, 1 to judge fair or 2 to develope.
This is why, We need to rid ourselves of either James or Curry, so he could get more playing time. If we can do that, without taking on more salary, sign Randolph to a small contract. He may fit in with D'antoni's system, Being young and more athletic then the other two slobs at center. But it would all depend on getting rid of one of the slobs without taking on salary and getting Randolph cheap. Then give it a shot what can it hurt, in that situation. I can see maybe keeping him if we get him for cheap, he's 6'11" and if given a chance, may be a solid player. Don't get me wrong, he's not shown anything to say we can't a walk away if someone throws him a deal thats to pricey, forget it. walk.

Fade away ten footer jumper in the post. Shit is smooth.

nyk24

Rookie
I like Morris. Not only is he really smart and well-spoken... unlike 90% of the team, he works hard and has potential. Plus we got him for basically nothing. If it doesn't cost much to keep him, why not?

Paul1355

All Star
d'antoni knows what he's doing if Morris doesnt play with him then we know he still needs some work but being that the knicks have no big man i wont be surprised to see him in there 5 to 10 min a game.

clumsy

Rotation player
Havnig thoughts about him would require me to have seen him get any significant minutes in a close NBA game.

Always looked stoned on the court...(not so bad on the playground court, but not when your getting paid!) slow,lackadazacle and just not interested in Defence or Rebounding. We already have enough of that. We should have traded this kid as soon as we singned him and he still held value. If this kid ever plays ball again it will be overseas or in a D-Leage.